How do I create a recurring event in a calendar as a student?
When creating a new event, if you want to create the same event multiple times for yourself or for a group, you can create a recurring (or repeating) event. Repeating events creates multiple copies of the event every day, week, or month. For example, you may create a recurring group event for a weekly study group. This may help keep you organized and prepared for your course.
Tips for recurring events:
- Weekly events are repeated on the day of the week of the first event. For example, if an event is created on a Monday and repeats weekly, the next instance of the event will appear on the following Monday, regardless of the actual date.
- Monthly events are repeated on the day of the month of the first event. For example, if an event is created on July 6 and repeats monthly, the next instance of the event will appear on August 6.
In Global Navigation, click the Calendar link.
Click any date on the calendar to add an event . Or, click the arrows next to the month name to navigate to a different month  and select a date.
If you don't want to manually locate the date, you can click the Add icon .
Add Event Details
Enter a title for the event .
Depending on how you added your event, the date may be populated for you. If not, enter a date in the date field .
The calendar times may also be populated for you in the From and To fields . Edit or enter the start and end time for your event. To create an all-day event, leave the From and To fields blank so there is no start and end time for your event.
In the Frequency drop-down menu, you can set recurring calendar events .
If a location is required, enter a location for the event .
In the Calendar drop-down menu, select the calendar you want to add the event to .
Add Event Frequency
In the Frequency drop-down menu , you can select from multiple recurring options, including no repeat, daily, weekly, monthly, annually, every weekday, or a custom frequency.
Notes: Each frequency selection has an occurrence default:
- daily = 365 (days in a year)
- weekly = 52 (weeks in a year)
- monthly = 12 (months in a year)
- annually = 5 (The event will occur for five years)
- every weekday = 52 * 5 (weeks in a year * weekdays)
- Additionally, users can have a maximum of 400 occurrences.
Add Event Custom Frequency
To create a custom recurring event, select how often the event repeats , which day(s) it repeats on , and when it ends . Click the Done button .
Click the Submit button.