In Module Progression for New Quizzes to Prd July 17

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

You may already be following the release notes and be in the know about the upcoming change to the in module experience for New Quizzes. If not, be sure to subscribe to release notes!

Tags (2)

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

12 Comments
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

This is great!  Eager to know, also, how if it works in the Student App, please?  Our K-6 students are on iPads.  Thanks!

lyra_stephens
Community Participant

@SuSorensen Is this feature slowly rolling out?

I tested it today 7/21/21, 3 days after the 7/17 new release, and I am still not seeing the next button for module progression after I complete a New Quiz.

UPDATE 7/28/21 : this feature is now working in our Production instance. Thanks everyone! 

RyanGovreau
Community Member

@kdougherty1 or @SuSorensen - Could you provide an update on this HIGHLY anticipated navigation enhancement? I appreciate it.

glparker
Community Champion

@lyra_stephens   I asked about Module progression on the Release Notes page and was told it was postponed due to bugginess.    They did not provide an ETA for its release

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

A problem was introduced by the 'In Module Progression for New Quizzes' released on Monday.  The bug was fixed on Wednesday and deployed to Production on Thursday. A new automated test was created to add reliability to future quality assurance.

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

'A new automated test was created to add reliability to future quality assurance.'  Now that is music to my ears. I've been monitoring the 'hokey pokey' nature of NQ releases in the past couple of months. Hopefully this test will reduce the number of bug fixes and/or known issues after deployment to prod. Nice work.

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Hildi_Pardo Yes, this works with the student app. 🙂

DaveIULI
Community Member

I like this part a lot as I use it all the time to double check if I might miss something and it also include all the categories that I should encounter and tackle in timely manner.  Due dates are visible, and also step by step.  I love it 

thanks

Dave 

Sylvia_Ami
Community Contributor

@lyra_stephens I just checked and I get the Next button. I'm in my Production instance. Just make sure you are clicking "Return" in the upper right when you view the results of the quiz. After you click Return, you should be at the main quiz page. Then the Back/Next buttons on at the bottom. Sometimes the Student View border and buttons covers things up.

Jen_Presley
Community Explorer

Having to hit 'Return' and then 'Next' isn't consistent with the navigation everywhere else; this adds unnecessary complexity 😕

kthompson2
Community Explorer

When a New Quiz in the last item in the module students are not able to hit next to access the new quiz. They have to leave the module and then click on it. Is this part of the fix?

Jen_Presley
Community Explorer

@kthompson2 @SuSorensen  I just talked through this issue, the loop you describe is part of the design, and it really makes no sense. It's unlike any other navigation in the course; I don't understand how it's user-centered at all 😕