Using Articulate Rise and Canvas

Jump to solution
natalie_hamilto
Community Explorer

Hi all. We are looking to introduce Articulate Rise into Canvas (for learning and associated activities - not assessments) and am wondering if anyone is open to connecting and talking about how they have gone about it, and any headaches problems they solved to help us get started. I am looking at either hosting in Canvas with an iframe or uploading into a page. Many thanks, Nat

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
carla_scalia
Community Member

Hi @natalie_hamilto,

We use Rise in Canvas and have just started to roll this out to our students - they love the interactive nature of it. After playing with it, I found the following:

- the best way to present it in Canvas is to have SCORM turned on and upload your file into Canvas that way.  We upload it as an ungraded assessment which is then edited to not be included in the final mark and to open in another tab.  I found that it presents so much better than uploaded into a page (bigger and easier for students to read) and allows students to exit content to access assessment without accidently shutting down Canvas. Also presents well on a phone if using the Canvas app. 

- When exporting from 360, I click the exit course link - it allows students to exit the content easier in Canvas.  I export the file as a Scorm 1.2.

Articulate have some forums on this too (which I'm sure you have seen but here is a link to one: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/using-articulate360-or-rise-360-with-canvas-lm...

Happy to answer any other questions you have!

Cheers, Carla 

View solution in original post