(3)

When I am viewing my grades on the "grades" page for a class, I will click on an assignment in order to view its details to remind myself of what the assignment was. Instead of seeing details and the description of my assignment, I am met by my submission (in the form of a download link without a preview) and a fractional grade and nothing else (image 1). I then have to take many steps to work around the website to find the assignment and approach it from the front. This sometimes proves difficult since my professors don't always make the assignments very accessible from the front. I believe that clicking on the assignment's name on the "grades" page should bring you to the main page of the assignment (image 2). When you are taken to the main assignment page, you can click on a link to take you to the submission page, but on the submission page, there is not a link to take you to to the assignment's main page. Even after using canvas for 3 years, I still make the mistake of thinking that I will be able to view the assignment because it seems like the logical way the site should be laid out. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea