Portfolium orientation activities?

yotebrarian
Community Participant

Hi All!

I need some help from the hive mind.

I want to create an orientation activity (or set of activities) for learners (students/faculty/staff). The primary objective is to provide 2-3 modules that faculty can copy into a Canvas course and use as a How-To type of activity/assignment that students need to complete in order to progress through a "class." (Though our Canvas use is not standardized and is usually used for syllabi and office information. Full courses taught using Canvas are rare.) 

In order to provide adequate exposure to the ways Portfolium can be accessed (mediated through Canvas and directly), I have identified this approach:

1. An activity where learners claim their Portfolium, perform 2-3 basic tasks in Portfolium, and then submit the Portfolium link in the assignment within Canvas.
  2. A document upload activity where learners create a Word document (i.e. use a Word resume template, fill in some basic information, and save) and then upload the document to Portfolium through Canvas. (The only way I can find to make this happen involves Assessment Activities in Portfolium.)

Does this approach make sense? Or is there a more elegant way to achieve the goal of familiarizing learners with Portfolium in a way that faculty can integrate into their courses?

Thanks and regards,
Lance

Users who also had this question