[Catalog] Allow user defined fields to be used before/during listing enrollment process

Problem statement:

Currently, user defined fields are only usable for Catalog instances that utilize the user registration process. For our institution, we are using a third-party service so the user defined fields are not usable for us because we do not create local accounts via Catalog. After our third party creates our users account using the users Google or Microsoft account, they are immediately shown the enrollment confirmation page that they interact with. We do have subcatalog admins who would like to utilize this feature but are not able to.

Proposed solution:

Allow user defined fields to show during the enrollment process, before a user/participant finishes enrolling for a course. This would be helpful for our subcatalog admins who need to collect information from the user before or during the enrollment process.

User role(s):

admin

Added to Theme

Catalog Enrollment Improvements Theme Status: Identified

3 Comments
KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Thanks for the submission! Added to theme.

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure

@rpsloan I have a question - do you want to collect UDFs on the first enrollment only, or with every enrollment? 

rpsloan
Community Participant
Author

@KataKeri I have reached out to subcatalog admins in our instance for other use cases, but here are a few options that I think would be helpful:

• Collect user's information during the first enrollment in a listing in a Catalog site
  • Collect user's information every time they enroll in a listing in a Catalog site
  • Ability to control setting for when to collect information (on the Catalog level or course listing level)