Assignment Override Flags Are Often Incorrect

JimEgan
Community Explorer

I'll state up front that I may not understand the purpose of the OVERRIDDEN columns found in the assignment_overrides table.  However, given the documentation associated with the columns, then one or more of the values in the columns appear to be incorrect 57% of the time.

The columns in question are DUE_AT_OVERRIDDEN, UNLOCK_AT_OVERRIDDEN and LOCK_AT_OVERRIDDEN.

I noticed this when quickly looking at the raw data.  I noticed that all three columns were often set to TRUE, which seemed odd.  I will point out that not all the rows are incorrect.

Here's the query I'm using.

SELECT assignment_overrides.ASSIGNMENT_ID,
       due_at_overridden,    assignments.due_at,    assignment_overrides.due_at,
       unlock_at_overridden, assignments.unlock_at, assignment_overrides.unlock_at,
       lock_at_overridden,   assignments.lock_at,   assignment_overrides.lock_at
FROM assignment_overrides
     inner join assignments
       on (assignments.id = assignment_overrides.ASSIGNMENT_ID)
WHERE (assignment_overrides.due_at_overridden = 1
  and  (assignments.due_at = assignment_overrides.due_at
   or   (assignments.due_at is null and assignment_overrides.due_at is null)))
   or (assignment_overrides.unlock_at_overridden = 1
  and  (assignments.unlock_at = assignment_overrides.unlock_at
   or   (assignments.unlock_at is null and assignment_overrides.unlock_at is null)))
   or (assignment_overrides.lock_at_overridden = 1
  and  (assignments.lock_at = assignment_overrides.lock_at
   or   (assignments.lock_at is null and assignment_overrides.lock_at is null)))
;

A 10 row sample from the query is attached to this post.

The data is in an Oracle 19c database.  As the data is imported into Oracle, the TRUE/FALSE values from Canvas are converted to 1/0.

Labels (3)
0 Likes