Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

for all modules i clicked on, it showed me a blank page

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The attendance link in two of my courses are not working.  Instead it displays this message:"The OAuth signature was invalid. Please be sure you are launching this tool from the link provided in Canvas."Can this be addressed by the local admin or is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my blackboard page blank? I am unable to open any of the tabs on blackboard such as discussions, grades, assignments, etc..

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, can I join a new course by join code with an existing account? Instead of asking my teacher to send me an invitation email.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Can someone help me to figure out why I can't see what my teacher is posting? I can see the course but nothing is in there. My teacher is sending announcements and emails about what she is posting but I see nothing! I emailed her and she said t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log on to my account, the screen that shows my dashboard blinks and wont let me click on anything. Also, I am not able to access my modules, assignments, inbox, etc. I have a feeling that it might just be my browser, but I would like it to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Seems like something changed recently so that instructors had to enable it or something. Whether they did or not, it would be nice if Canvas allowed students to batch download all course files in some way or another. What is the point in making us go...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When clicking on a specific assignment, the message " Error Retrieval for the External Use of the assignment" comes up. Why is this popping up, and how does the student access the assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I assign a due date to a quiz, but do not fill in "available until", then will students still be able to do the quiz late and have it show up in the gradebook with a highlighted cell indicating late?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Fellow Canvas Users,I've been encountering the response below every time I am trying to access the Attendance Link in some of my courses (not all). Does any of you encountered the same in the past and if yes, who should I ask to address this is...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I help my student to re-take my quiz on Canvas after I found an error in my part? I corrected it and wanted her to retake the quiz again. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I cancel the "Report inappropriate picture" in People menu? I click the link incidentally.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I log on to our Chaminade email accounts.  I have no idea what the password is.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Kaltura have a limit on how many courses you can publish a single video in? One of my instructors is getting this error when she is trying to publish to the media gallery for several more courses. I've never seen it before and I can't find any t...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My team has worked to pull together a 1-page handout (copied below and attached as both doc and pdf) for our instructors attempting to explain the New Grade Posting Policy. I am sharing it with the Community in the hopes that it helps others. With th...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My classes won't load on canvas homepage. The blocks are there but they're grey and are just in a continuous load state. I can see it on my phone in the canvas app, but not on my computer. Is canvas not supported by Mac? 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have searched the Canvas Guide a couple of times but don't see this question asked/answered.I have two courses with the same name but which are in different formats (one online, one hybrid).  Thus, I don't combine them into a single course.These tw...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, im not sure if I'm in the right place, but when I try to access my canvas through chrome I am able to get into my account but I don't have access to any files or assignments. I followed the directions below but to no avail. I need to know what...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trouble Publishing ModulesEach student in my Human Physiology Lab is required to read and accept a Safety Agreement detailing the proper use of lab materials and methods. Students cannot receive a grade for the course until they have accepted the saf...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I selected my front page--from pages listI selected my homepagemodules keeps appearing no matter how many times go through the steps.Steps I took to troubleshoot:made sure the browser was updatedI cleared the cache.changed browserslogged out and logg...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HiI am trying to sync to PowerSchool.  I keep getting error message that the grading category is missing.  See picCan you help

• 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I logged into my canvas and once I get to the dashboard nothing pops up. I cant get to my assignments at all. What should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am running student council elections through Canvas. Students can select 0, 1, or 2 candidates for each class representative position. I currently have these elections set up as ungraded surveys with a multiple answer question. Is there a way to li...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a Digital Coach for my school and am helping other teachers to incorporate Canvas into their instructional practices. Recently I have had the same question/concept come up for discussion and I want to know if there is a more effective way to do ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,For those of you using a script to upload courses, sections, etc. files to Canvas's SFTP servers: Would anyone be willing to share a script they've set up (obviously w/ the creds redacted)? Our previous LMS set this up for us but their impleme...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hey folks! Do any of y'all know exactly where a display name will actually show up? The Canvas Guide documentation I found reads "Display Name is what other users will see in discussions, announcements, etc." But that's, well, pretty darn unhelpful, ...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to sort the "Links" section of one's "Profile" page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In discussions for my online classes, I use an approach that I think is fairly standard:  Students respond to my prompt and then comment on the responses of two other students.  I have set it up so that a student must reply to my prompt before seeing...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies