Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am an instructor with five merged classes. I have assigned a graded discussion -- divided into five groups, by class section. Peer reviews are assigned automatically.  When I click on Peer Reviews -- whether from the merged-class Discussion page or...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add or assign a proctor to perform Live Proctoring in CANVAS, or does that need to be the instructor?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last semester when I synced grades to my Aeries grade book program, the sync tab would show me when an assignment was LAST SYNCED. That was super useful. For the second semester, the recent sync dates do not show! Does anyone know how to fix this??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all, I am working on building a course for a faculty member and one of the activities they would like to do is present a survey question in a page and show the accumulated results back to students as soon as they respond, something like this (note...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! In Classic Quizzes, teachers can record themselves reading questions and answer choices for the students. However, New Quizzes does not have that option. Instead, we are required to create an audio recording in another app or website, save it to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas Community: I'm getting this error notification when trying to upload a multimedia file:  It says Error: Request failed with status code 400.  I tried uploading the file directly in the Module using the Multimedia icon, but I couldn't ei...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, everyone! I want to solve a problem with backup in Canvas: We really need to know how to save every courses contents in Canvas, not just export IMCC file, but all the files produced by teachers and students, like images, videos, notes, everyth...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When uploading an articulate 360 Rise presentation to Canvas, I can see everything - except the images show as thumbnails. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to hide this until needed when editing tables?   TY!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,  I am wondering if there is a workaround to add additional custom fields to the normal fields available in the Canvas certificates. I run a state-accredited program and need to be able to add specific language and state license information to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a design for my email signature but I want the text to be clickable and allow for copying and pasting so that whoever can just copy the text. Whenever I download the image, it is a flat file. Do I need to format the file in a different ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have an instructor that is teaching several courses. She can't see things on the coming up list on the dashboard for one of her courses. When she switches to the student view, the assignments all can be seen but not on the instructor view. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When manually grading "essay" type questions in a graded quiz, I notice there is an Additional Comments box.  Can students view those comments after the quiz grade is posted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn off things automatically being marked as missing? I have most student submitting on paper, but I have a few students quarantined, So I am allowing physical submissions, but all the student who turn in paper copies are getting m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several courses with similar names - and names in Chinese  - the wrong course was imported in the Spring 2021 shell. How do I undo this error? I have looked at the 2017-18 discussion on this topic. However, now in 2021, has this old, well unde...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day! I have a problem with the locks of my canvas course. Some students cannot move to the next module even if they have satisfied the requirements for them to unlock the next module. How do I solve this issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all!  I have a question about anchor links. I have a grammar page that has a lot of subheadings. In the first part of the page, there are headlines with links to the specific section below. That works fine.  Then I need to link to those sections a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When click on my assignment it take me to "Now that you have registered for EHR Go you will complete the following assignments. You will download your completed work and upload the attachments. " I never created an account and it is asking me for a v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students submit PDFs of their assignments and then I grade using an Apple Pencil in the teacher app. Is ice the last update, if a student has submitted multiple files, I can only annotate the first one using the app. If I navigate to the student’s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I by mistake wrote the wrong year for my birthday when I first signed in. How do I change that? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

As the title suggests, when adding Teachers to courses on Canvas, it never seems to successfully create their account the first time. And it's only after an initial login attempt, before then deleting and remaking their account in the exact same way,...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I like math to add

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone else found that when using Safari to author New Quizzes, it sometimes takes 2-4 clicks in a text field for a cursor to appear? Also that Safari is slower to load new quizzes than Firefox or Chrome (though I find load times are too slow in ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Creating a new question because a related one was marked as solved, when I don't think it was: Is there going to be an update where we can edit or delete recurring events all at once?  For example, in my Google calendar, when I make a change to a rec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a designer trying to add language tags for a foreign language course, and I can add them simply to the quiz instructions, quiz questions, and to the multiple choice answers. However, there is no "edit" or HTML option for the answers to matching o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've serached and cannot seem to find a way to save a course or course pages a .pdf files... exporting as a .imscc file does not help, I'd like to save the course or each page of the course as .pdf files. Any help would be much appreciated.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school switched from Moodle to Canvas, importing all course content. One of the teachers has brought to my attention that question banks that migrated over are showing HTML code in the answers. Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening, an...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Since the 2/25/21 update to the ios Canvas Teacher app, I'm having the following problems when grading on an iPad with an iPencil: 1) I can no longer swipe between submissions of an assignment if I have made comments on that assignment.  I have to go...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I am trying to add a complete list of your IP addresses to our email filter. I have found several posts and documentation that point to this document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tuaXJyf4FshprVJ_5SHaw-av2yrRwVg9a2vJuUXu3DE/edit. I have add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an announcement without alignment?  I want to post about citations, which requires proper indentations.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies