Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

not sure if this question or discussion already exists but...When students make a comment on an assignment submission - especially AFTER the assignment has been seen and graded by the instructor - is there any way to KNOW such later comment has been ...

• 13 Likes
  • 23 Replies

My time is valuable, as is, I am sure, all of yours. So, why must I spend hours managing my Canvas e-mail at the end of every semester? Why must I check and scroll and check and scroll just to move last semester's messages to an archive? Surely Canva...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

We have found a glitch with the "Show one question at a time" option. If you select this option in a quiz with Numerical Answer, formula question or Fill in the blanks type of questions, answering with 0 will mark them unanswered in the sidebar.When ...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, all. This is a common enough issue that I'm sure others have dealt with.Our enrollments are primarily handled through SIS integration or manual .csv uploads, but from time to time we need to enroll a single instructor in a course.It would be f...

• 8 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My company is based in Australia and we have very strict reporting requirements when it comes to providing evidence of participation for students who receive state government funding. Canvas Reports and Analytics don't provide us with enough informat...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If an instructor teaches multiple courses, can they download the full gradebooks from all those courses into one Excel Workbook or CSV file?  Perhaps with a different sheet/tab for each course in the workbook?OR....is there a Report that an entire In...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Only Test Student shows in SpeedGrader. I have 0/34 submissions graded but I am not able to access them. The only option in the drop down next to Test Student is Test Student.  I am a 3 year Canvas user and have never encountered this problem. 

• 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I would like to not grade the students in the same order every time. For example, by the time I get to the last one, I will consistently be tired? Aside from sorting by submission time, is there a way to randomly sort the students?

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi all,Does anyone have experience with trying to send attendance data from Canvas (perhaps using the Roll Call tool or some other solution, e.g. using API calls to create a report of submissions) with a Student Information System? I am using PowerSc...

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Why can we add images to an announcement, but the images do not display in the emails? After all, pictures say a thousand words. Most of my announcements in a course are dependent on the accompanying images. And nothing in the email says to click Vie...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 19 Likes
  • 20 Replies

For my courses, I weight each assignment equally. However, every assignment technically has different numbers of possible points.It would save me a lot of time if I didn't have to figure out the percentages for each assignment before putting them int...

• 6 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi!A student is having a strange issue; when she tries to upload a file in an assignment, the document becomes empty. This has happened to two different students. I don't understand why this happens or how to resolve the issue. The size of the files ...

• 6 Likes
  • 24 Replies

Hi,I have copied a previous course, including all announcements, but I would like the students to see them, when I think it is time to post them, not from the beginning of the course. (The students are already enrolled in the course, and its publishe...

• 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Can I embed a course in my personal webpage? for sharing my content to students that do not attend my university.

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi all,I'm doing most of my reading (PDFs) in the app on my tablet and sometimes on my phone. I'm using the marker tools to highlight the important points while reading.Unfortunately, the markings in the document are not synced. i.e. the same PDF has...

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible for students to see all of the video submissions they have done via media upload? I have a student who would like to access or download some of the submissions he did in a concluded class. I can't see on my end anywhere to download the...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I reset my to do list in order to see to do items I've hidden?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Whenever I try to install OneDrive cloud assignment or even the GoogleDrive cloud assignment on my self-hosted CanvasLMS instance. I get the following error error {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"unknown client"}I have tried this with m...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to export/ download student scores for the criteria in a rubric? Teachers must show growth in certain domains in addition to an overall rubric score for writing. A spreadsheet of each student's data would make this possible through Can...

• 10 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Hi Canvaseers. I am working on two different implementations of Canvas. In one, the content window stretches to 100% of the remaining space available in the browser window, but in the other, stops around the 75% mark (pls see screenshots below). I've...

• 6 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I would like to know what ideas are out there to teach "how to create a resume" in an online-only course for students who are majoring in trades, such as HVAC, automotive, welding, etc. at a community college and may have limited IT skills. I have a ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I enter annotations in student papers in the SpeedGrader but hide the feedback until all of the papers have been reviewed?  

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I know I have seen the feature option to moderate an assignment, but I can't find it in Feature Options. Did it disappear or does something else need to be turned on at the account level?

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When reading longer pages on Canvas, like lesson and assignment pages, the page constantly refreshes itself and jumps back to the top of the page. This is extremely frustrating. It refreshes every 8-10 seconds, which makes it very difficult to read a...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How many of you are using Ellucian's ILP? Do you find it useful? Are you using it to sync grades and SIS data?

• 14 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I need to give #partial credit for multiple choice test item(s) within a quiz issues In Blackboard I can make each response have partial value automatically scored such as a=100%; b=80%; c=70%; & d=60% and no response=0%. In Canvas if the student res...

• 15 Likes
  • 10 Replies

My institution is moving to a zero-cost textbook.  I've set up a course with MyOpenMath and I want to integrate this course with Canvas.  Since my institution has not yet set up a school-wide LTI Key and Secret, I was given a Key and a Secret to set ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a professor that has assigned a graded discussion, however when trying to grade it through Speedgrader the post and replies do not appear.  The only thing that appears on the Speedgrader screen is:He can select "view the full discussion" and s...

• 3 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hi - I am trying to figure out a way to bulk download annotated submissions from Canvas. What I would like to be able to do is to download all annotated submissions for a particular student across a number of Canvas courses. This is that the student'...

• 11 Likes
  • 12 Replies

We often have students who leave school for a year abroad or a semester domestic exchange. I remove them from their enrolled courses, but I don't want to deleted them from Canvas. Is there an option that keeps them in Canvas, but won't allow them to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies