Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

https://login.cpe.ubc.ca/  Hello, I want to take an online course on the university of british columbia website but it requires an account on CANVAS, so I made one and I can log in it, but when I try to take the course and try to log in from the UBC ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my faculty would like to know if you can upload a Word document of a rubric into the Rubric tool in a Canvas assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the canvas support admin at our campus, and a teacher brought up some concerns about the Quiz Clock the student sees during a quiz suggesting it was inaccurate.  Looking at the data I was able to determine she was correct.   The Canvas Quiz cloc...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have our system set up to require students to reply to a course discussion before they see other replies. However, I'd like to put in a post at the beginning of the week to remind them of plagiarism will be monitored in the discussion forums. Can ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been working in my sandbox course, creating modules to organize the materials for each section. When I go to copy materials to the different course sections I am teaching, I am only able to see the first eight modules in the right hand drop do...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why would the assignment show up in my PowerSchool grade book but not the grades that I entered in it on Canvas when I do the grade passback?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our Google Analytics stopped working around 16th April 2021. I have tested GAnalytics outside of Canvas and all is working fine. However on canvas all set items were working until 15th April. Anyone any ideas on what might have gone wrong? Any update...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It appears that there is not currently a streamlined way to use speedgrader with the new Google Assignments integration.  All I've found is forcing students make a copy of the document then upload the file, and many, MANY students can't figure out ho...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm curious if there is an efficient way to create an accommodated version of a multiple choice quiz where students receive three answer options instead of four. This is a common accommodation for high school students and at present has me creating a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, I have many of my notifications set to immediately send an email, and I noticed recently that all of my "assignment graded" emails have been delayed by exactly an hour for a while. Is this intended behavior? If not, does anyone else hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello We are looking at using the API to create a process to pull final grades from Canvas into our SIS and wanted to talk to those who have created this for their institutions. We are using Colleague but are just beginning the process of determining...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you make individual folders for students to drop assignments into?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Five-Star Design: Destination: Remote Instruction   Name: Chontel Delaney and Karen Pinto Institution: Saint Joseph’s University  Course: Destination: Remote Instruction  Audience: This course was designed for faculty   PROCESS When your institution...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can I find the Gradebook  in the Parent Observer to see my child marks?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I created this course for teachers at my school to learn the program NoodleTools. I would like to get some feedback on it. Thank you very much for you help. Here's the link: https://k12.instructure.com/enroll/MBLWRM

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good day !      Can someone assist me on how can we purchase canvas admin account for our school? Please email to me as soon as possible.       Looking forward.  Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long are PHSC's classes open for dual enrollment students until I cannot access the classes anymore?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to work with the Canvas API to automate backups of Pages in a course. Eventually I would like to backup all pages, but at the moment, I'll settle for just any single page. I am trying the following, which gives me just an empty she...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go into speed grader my student's submissions, it shows {"error":"document_not_found"}. It has done this multiple times to multiple students.  Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have one course with 3 sections and a mixed group of students this course. The assignments that are syncing to Skyward are those that are assigned to all of the students in the three different sections. The assignments that aren’t showing up were o...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Not sound snarky, but why, oh why should it be so darned complicated to respond to a student's post in a Discussion Board?? First, you click on the submission in Speed Grader...but then you need to click on "View the full discussion"...then enter the...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I thought I would reach out to you with a suggestion for a change in Canvas, assuming you have the ability to make recommendations to them. Below is an out-take of an Eric Mazur video showing how this is done in a face-to-face class, and I'd like to...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our class runs 4 hours per night, with a break in the middle. We are required to take attendance 2x per night, at the start of class and then after the break.  How can we set up canvas to make this happen; currently there is only a way to take attend...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I published my google slides to the web, and then embedded the URL. Most students can access my google slide presentation without issue. Unfortunately, some students are getting a page saying they need to request permission or access. These students ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set the role of a user at the Organization-level and not just at the course-level teacher? This person would like to see the Commons but the link is not an option for them. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is  Google Analytics slowing down and preventing items to be seen?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a district Canvas admin, is there any way for me to give teachers the ability to make a course a blueprint course from one of the manually created courses that they are already able to generate? I went in my admin settings> permissions> account ro...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been using Google Slides assignments all year. Yesterday I assigned one to both of my subjects and am getting error messages for most, but not all in Speed Grader. What do I need to do to have access to their submissions? I tried having them res...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to get discussion responses to show the latest response first?  I can only get the responses to show in the order they were posted so the first posts are always on top.  I need the latest posts to be on top.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a student joins your course midway through a grading term, what is the best way to "excuse" them from the assignments that were assigned prior to their arrival?  The to-do list is long and the grade isn't correct because it shows them missing ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies