Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a question about embedding a pdf into a page. I understand how to add a file link, and have that link auto-preview in the page, but my question goes beyond this functionality. When I select 'auto--open', the iframe on the page is limited to a ...

• 2 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I was writing a text entry for a school assignment. I left for a while, came back, and completed my text entry. However, after I clicked submit, I was told that my login had timed out and so my entry could not be submitted. Then my entire entry was g...

• 5 Likes
  • 36 Replies

I was wondering if there are any variables we can work with in Canvas such as date, course title, student name, etc..One thing we are doing is a static footer on every page with our copyright text. I was hoping we could change this to a dynamic date ...

• 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi all! I hope you don't mind me popping in, I have instructional design experience, but only briefly, at my previous job. I'm now working for a tiny liberal arts college and as I was researching the trend in instructional design I encountered an int...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 55 Likes
  • 47 Replies

How do you add a signature line in the Canvas email 

• 15 Likes
  • 25 Replies

I was commenting on a discussion post and when I hit submit, my post disappeared.  The discussion post had locked at midnight but I didn't realize my post had a time limit, so when i hit submit it disappeared.  Is it gone forever or is it somewhere o...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to autoplay and/or loop a video using a function in canvas or html?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Eek!  I reopened an assignment that had about 100 ungraded submissions so that some students who missed the closing date could submit.  Somehow, only those last handful of students now show up in the gradebook.  How can I retrieve those submissions t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a Canvas administrator and I am seeing this issue occur periodically at our school and I have seen this issue previously as well (been using Canvas since 2011):Old calendar events are getting copied to new courses inadvertently when an instructor...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi all, is there a way to disable student comments on assignments? I find that students use the comment option to ask questions that they should be emailing me, and I'd rather them not have the option to comment.

• 11 Likes
  • 32 Replies

I would like to know if it is possible to hid the to do list from the student view.  We are having an issue with some students clicking on the assignments from the to do list instead of following the order of the modules.  It would be less confusing ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 32 Likes
  • 43 Replies

Hello, I noticed this issue was asked about in this thread a year ago, but I could not find a solution.  When I require a Quiz to be taken with LDB, the "require LDB for feedback and results" option is selected by default, but after students take the...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Let's say I want to refer someone to a post that already exists, either in the same discussion or another discussion. Is there a way to do that using the tools? If not, is there a way to find the URL for a given discussion post?

• 6 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Is there a way to use HTML code to make a link start a new Canvas message to me, as the instructor?  I could use "mailto", but that forces the students to contact me through email.  I'd rather have the link kick them right to a new message within Can...

• 10 Likes
  • 20 Replies

How do I hide the rubric for an assignment until the students have submitted their work? I have the correct answers in the rubric and do not want them to see it until I finish grading (using the rubric).

• 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I can't view any of the files or powerpoints for my classes without downloading them. Is there a way to fix this?

• 4 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I have a SCORM/Storyline question.... Trying to get a Storyline360 output to pass grades to the Canvas grade book.Output as SCORM 2004 (3rd edition) - also tried SCORM 1.2Tracking by the result slideHave set the LMS reporting to "Passed/Failed"Have i...

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We are creating a "Student Body Home" course for all 2700 of the students in our school.  The goal is to have a central location for resources along with some accountability pieces, such as an Honor Code quiz.  We also wanted to utilize announcements...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In the Total column how do I see what the total possible points is?

• 6 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I have a list of assignments being pulled in from Pearson's MyFrenchLabs.  All of the assignments from the publisher are showing correctly in the assignment index in my course.  When I go to insert some (about a dozen out of 50 assignments) of these ...

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi all,I've experienced a small but annoying problem with assignments in Canvas.I delivered a presentation to my staff on Monday about the joys and wonders of Speedgrader, especially the ability to use the feedback tools directly on student submissio...

• 12 Likes
  • 62 Replies

I have a class where the instructor copied everything from one course into another. Something that did NOT copy was the profile picture associated with his Announcements. I copied some announcements from one into another and I'm seeing the same thing...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Any plans to allow teachers to (temporarily) hide columns in gradebook?I know it was suggested a while ago as an idea - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3477-hide-grade-columns-for-teacher-gradebook but I cannot see any mention of it on the Phas...

• 18 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a way to export student email addresses that are stored in Canvas? I need to create accounts for my students in another program and would like to use the email address that they currently have stored in Canvas as their primary email address....

• 8 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is it possibe to create an out of office notificaton for messaging? It has become apprant this something we need to be able to do withlin canvasIf not - is it the case that if X messages Y in canvas and Y is away, an out of office notificaton from Ys...

• 6 Likes
  • 18 Replies

If I create a user manually and don't assign a password, are they "up the creek" when they try to log-in or is there some default password they get assigned when their account is created? 

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

My institution has a need to remove the "export course" option from TA profiles. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm not seeing an obvious permission. 

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am in the process of cleaning up my Canvas Training courses. Some of them go back almost 2 years and most of the teachers can't even access them because of the date restrictions. Is there anyway to do a mass delete for this course? Some were set up...

• 9 Likes
  • 8 Replies

A student at our school has found a bit of a "hack" into the muted grade lock down that I would like the share with the community. The student discovered the hack, told us about it, and even made a YouTube video showing the exploit.The way it works:A...

• 20 Likes
  • 13 Replies

My husband and I both use Canvas at our institution--Houston Community College.  He is experiencing a problem.We spot check averages to be careful.  Tonight, we discovered that his end of the semester grades are averaging approximately two points hig...

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies