Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have copied URL from canvas to google and only one class is showing up on my google calendar.  My canvas calendar shows all classes.  How can I get all of my classes to sync into google calendar?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I recover an assignment in Canvas that my students already completed that I deleted on accident?  I tried going to the blog but it is showing that the blog is no longer available to view.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to being a Canvas admin so I'm hoping someone else here has some experience with this. I have a student whose information was pulled from the SIS incorrectly (it had her last name where her first name should be). To correct this, we created a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make 2 courses show up in different course blocks?   For example, we use Skyward and Skyward creates our courses in Canvas. BUT, if a teacher teaches World History in period one AND period three, those two classes show up in the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz (old quizzes - New Quizzes are not accessible enough for us to use at this time) -- that is set to lock questions after responding (with or without the answer once they click Next). The settings are also set to allow only one question a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am just learning to use  "Formula" questions in New Quizzes.  I would really like to create a random set of 25 numbers 5-10.  I want the students to then completely a frequency table based off of the numbers or at least determine the frequency tabl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I mainly use quizzes with answer zones for the students to write their own paragraphs for instance; but I never have the DocViewer toolbar to annotate the student's answers. Thanks for your help. Aleph  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You've structured your platform so that Surveys are a subset of Quizzes, and because of this, Surveys have all the trappings of the Quiz tool. And there's *no way to customize wording*. They're not the same thing. They're very different approaches to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a number of faculty on our campus who use Excel in tandem with Canvas to manage various aspects of their courses. Our old LMS, Brightspace, had a one-click option to export a list of students and their email addresses. Canvas doesn't seem to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

"When Matching questions are graded, students must get all matches correct to earn full points. There is not an option to assign partial credit for Matching questions." - This renders the Matching assessment option essentially USELESS. Just saying.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to include student to one course using an URL, but I don´t where is that URL in order to share in Whatsapp to my students

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm attempting to upload a video file using the "Record/Upload Media" tool in the RCE toolbar, but I am receiving this notification: I turned on the new RCE Enhancements and the issue still persisted. However, I'm able to add the .mov as a file usin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What happens when I pass my assignment late?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I allow students to submit papers multiple times. Sometimes, if they misread instructions or wrote haphazardly, i'd ask them to redo and resubmit. Turnitin is activated. It seems though that only the first submission runs through turnitin   what i s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I believe this is where am supposed to come and communicate with class 182 #1047. Is anyone here from that class number?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day, Is the collaboration tab under a specific course navigation be private depending on the creator? I was planning to create a M365 word collab with my group, I was wondering if in case I created one (collab group) in the course, will everyone...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas is acting up like the picture above. Im using firefox. it is currently up to date. How do i fix it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grading New Quizzes ESSAY Questions.. Why did New Quizzes have to make grading essay questions so difficult?  I need to know when an essay question has been submitted or resubmitted for me to grade rather than looking through 160+ assignments daily t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am an instructor. I am trying to figure out how to upload an audio file that students will be able to download onto their phones. When I try to upload audio (I have used the Panopto recording option and also tried uploading a Quicktime audio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It appears that my students may be seeing their assignments scores in their Gradebook Total before I have released those scores. Below is what I am seeing in "Student View": Notice that the assignment due 01/09 displays the "hidden" icon. However, a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Although I have due dates assigned to the assignments in both of my courses, the assignments for the second 8 weeks' class are not visible in the Calendar view.  Please advise.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.  We recently turned personal pronouns at Indiana University.  The Canvas Guides for this feature indicated that pronouns display in "Comments Fields".   We also have student assignments enhancements forced on, and pronouns are not appearing ne...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am in instructor.  My total canvas grade column does not match the quarter 1 and quarter 2 average. All assignments are worth 100 points and are displayed as percentages. The category weights are set to 33.3 percent each and every assignment is in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello there! Can somebody help me please? I was able to successfully import a Canvas test bank QTI file (1.2) provided by the book publisher. But the imported file does appear either in the Assignments (I tried New Quizzes) nor in the list of test ba...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was a stay at home dad to my ex fiance's two boys. I was the one who helped with all their work, therefore I created an observer account to monitor both boys. Their mother left me a few days ago. Id like to delete my observer account. How do I do t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does canvas allow instructors to copy an existing rubric from one course to another course?  If so, what are the steps used to copy a rubric from one course to another. Thank you!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using OneNote Class Notebook linked to my Canvas LSM for a few semesters. The link was always made through the Connections section like seen below. Now when I log into any of my Class notebooks that area is missing. I have tried updatin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As of this semester, names of students sending and replying to email, as well as my drop-down options for sending, show only the student's nicknames. These don't show up in People or Gradebook. I now literally have to compare tiny pictures to find ou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I like the ability to automatically tag and remove points for late submissions, but I want to set different conditions for two different sections of students.  I would like to remove 10% off of student work per day, but only for the regular education...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working on a course and the instructors want a file to auto-download when the link is clicked. (Yes, we've already debated whether or not auto-download is desirable   This used to work, but something changed in the new Rich Text Editor. I *think...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies