Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am an ESL teacher. I am currently teaching remotely. Is there a way to turn off the translation feature for assignments and quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are my options to add time to a quiz if the students ran out of time on a timed quiz? Am I able to allow an additional 15 minutes for the student to pick up on the quiz were they left off?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have searched for help on this issue in the guides and on the web. I integrated EdPuzzle into Canvas as directed. It seems fine in the instructor view on both Canvas and EdPuzzle. In student view, it does not connect to the video in EdPuzzle and sa...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, We're just getting started with Program Assessment and have set up assessments for each course in our general ed curriculum we want to assess. Within each assessment we have collections for each learning outcome addressed in that course. I'm r...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there my lecturer has uploaded a document with a lot of pages on canvas/Modules i need too write on this document but have no clue how to transfer it onto word so i can do this any help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes, I accidentally put a grade - using a rubric - for the wrong student.  Is there a way to "undo" the grade, clearing out the rubric so no grade is recorded?  I can change the grade to a zero, but that makes it look like the student received ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to Get to the tickets that I mark that I am following in the admin console?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can instructor view past student assignments when the are no longer in my to do list?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to sync comments written in Canvas with the gradebook in Powerschool? I've read from earlier this year that manually entered comments in Powerschool are deleted when grades sync again. Does anyone know if this has been corrected? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our organization creates a Master for courses that have hundreds of hours of content (think 4-8 hours per day, 4-12 weeks). At that cohort level the day/time and order in which these activities are completed can change. We've tried organizing by day ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have copied course content from a previous course and like to add the image for the course card which already exists in the new Canvas course files. How can I do this easily rather than having to download the in Canvas existing image to then upload...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the global setting field, i have removed choice in the checkbox. Howerer in the courses setting filed , the checkbox  is forbidden ,the  teacher can't modify the state, even the admin accout can't . I really can not understand it , thank for eve...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Expert,  I faced two questions. In fact, I submitted my ticket weeks ago but did not receive any reply from the support team. (1) Once the students submitted their assignments, the grade is published automatically. The students are wondering and I...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello there,   I want to know about a permission on Portfolium when you download someone's profile there is an error that first you need to connect to the user before downloading his profile why can't I download directly ? although his profile is alr...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to create an Acknowledgement course that once done will unlock other courses, How can you unlock or provide access to another course once a student acknowledges their training plan?  Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning !  I recently started developing an LTI Tool that handles Virtual meetings, a bit like Zoom. Basically, I use the LTI tool to pull Names and Roles from canvas, and have a link to attend meetings that are bound to the context of a Course....

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our school requires my writing students to post writing samples I will grade via Discussion Board. I would like to use Speed-grader and make annotations directly to their Discussion Board posts. How can I do that?  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,  While we are currently using the Canvas Data Portal to create reports on usage of the LMS, we're also investigating third party tools such as "Instructor Insights" and "EesySoft". Both of these systems can integrate within Canvas as ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of the options that has not seemed to make its way into the new RCE is the ability to open a link in a new tab. In the former RCE, you could highlight the linked content and use Command+K to choose the option to have the link open in a new tab. T...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My experience with the new Rich Text editor mode has been very frustrating. I love the way we can place a document in an assignment with that new Insert tab. However, it turns out that the files you place are NOW placed in a folder called "Uploaded M...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help!!! Only one of my cross listed sections will sync grades to powerteacher pro.   ?????

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach HS classes, and we have used Canvas for a few years.  I use the 'Copy To' function all the time.  I have my current courses 'starred' in the Course section so they only show up on my dashboard.  However, when I want to 'Copy to' another class...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ahoy all, I have yet to figure out why, but I have someone who wants to weight grades with half-percents. Will Canvas recognize this? Thanks.

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Well, this one is driving me crazy, I'm pretty sure something was updated in Canvas today as it just started to fail this morning. Several schools have reported the same thing. Here's a video https://app.vidgrid.com/view/GR92TFlUlMSC Here's the JWT t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my module (6AAD0023-0206-2020) is publish, and the content in units is published. So why can't students see any units?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to view when a student views or downloads a file like an exam.  I want to give the students 3 hours to view or download an exam then submit the exam to Canvas after scanning it.  Is this possible? Thanks!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Para, I like to pull the Missing Assignment Report found under New Analytics for the co-teacher I work with.  This report has been a lifesaver until about 2 weeks ago.  Now when I pull the report, I receive "0 Results".  However, when I look in ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have a Canvas Course set up for communication with our staff. Folks with student or teacher roles in this course have turned on "immediate notification" for when a file is added, but when we add a file to a module and publish it, they are not rece...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When attempting to copy an assignment (three vertical dots – Copy to – from the Select a Course drop-down menu, there are multiple courses to choose from (adv and regular), but all with the same name.  How do teachers know which course to choose?We r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone found that their content (and Dashboard) has expanded? Like another instructional designer, I believe a wrapper tag may be missing, and now all content expands 100% of the page, making all designs and content appear stretched. This issue b...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies