Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

The community college I work for has is starting the process of adding outcomes into Canvas on the program level to be used for assessment purposes. I think I have figured the how question out, but wanted to know if anyone has suggestions on things t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an assignment where the submission is optional that is worth points. However, I have my gradebook set so that a student gets an automatic zero after the deadline so when a student does not optionally submit they are given a zero. I manually ch...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Community, Is there a way to export a list of students who are pending accepting invites to excel?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

With New Quizzes becoming, and Classic Quizzes going away, how can we create anonymous surveys? We can make a "no grade" quiz in NQ, but we cannot make them anonymous.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't have access to Blackboard as Blackboard has stop giving out instructor accounts. The Canvas instructions for importing from QTI are dated and no longer work as Canvas has changed its options in making a quiz and quiz bank. I don't have access...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was wondering if there was anyway (or plan to implement) more hotkey options for the Canvas Grade book. For example if I am excusing a student from an assignment I can click the score section of the assignment and type "EX" and it changes it to exc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm an instructor. I don't even know where to post feature requests. This is not an issue that needs a workaround or a way to figure it out... it's a request to create a whole new paradigm for how feedback and annotations work in Canvas: Can you ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students continue to use Portfolium after they graduate? Can they download the content to a different platform? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been working to style list elements so that they stand out more visibly on the pages I am creating. My pages are set up to includes steps that can be referenced when students are going through the work. The desired goal is to have the number b...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students take a quiz and then it says it is muted that the teacher has not yet graded it.  How do I fix this so the students can immediately see their grades?  I have them as graded quizzes synced to powerschool. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that students can download their eportfolio into a Zip drive. What can they do with it after that? Is there another platform that the eportfolio will easily display in so students can share its contents when applying for jobs? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can easly export grades in canvas. But I would like to export the grades per question, so not only the total is this possible? For example my quiz consist of 7 question. all of these questions are open-ended questions and have different point value...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I CANT RUN CANVAS ON BROWSER HAVING INSTALLED ON UBUNTU 18.04 VM SERVER I have managed to install canvas successfully, my apache is running successfully. managed to edit sites-available/canvas.config but it cant load on my browser.see below.ServerNam...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good day, i would like to ask assistance about exporting .csv file of my gradesheet and every time I open ACTION in the gradesheet and select IMPORT the notification pop-up saying "Gradebook export failed: An export is already in progress" but still ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to discontinue this course,  Please advise me on how to do this.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to switch show sections to student off globally throughout our Canvas? 

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, my school is limiting how many daily grades can go into our official gradebook, but as a math teacher, I take a grade everyday we have class which gives me a lot of grades. I thought about having the assignments for one week placed into one assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been successfully using my webcam and mic to record feedback to students for the past 6 months. Today, I started in Canvas and gave video feedback. Then I switched to Flipgrid and did the same thing. Both successful. Then I went back to Canvas...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, A student claims to have relied on a quiz to auto-submit. The quiz did not auto-submit.  The quiz is now closed and the answers have been revealed. I cannot access this student's activity log to verify when and if they attempted this quiz.  I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why aren't overdue assignments showing up in the Assignments menu when using Canvas on a Chromebook or laptop?  Overdue assignment DO show up in the phone app.   Students using Chromebooks need this feature. Do I have a setting wrong or something els...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just wondering if anyone else has run into the latest issue with equation rendering from question banks?  Since last Saturday's update, we are seeing intermittent rendering issues where the Latex code is displayed underneath a math equation.  It also...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why isn't RCE available in certain fields while creating New Quizzes? I want to be able to use special characters/symbols/math notation/superscripts/subscripts in drop down answer choices, but it is not showing up as an option. Thanks for any and all...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an Admin, is there a way to view the roles a staff member has assigned to them and what courses those roles appear in? Thanks

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. An instructor would like to make a table on a page transparent and add an image behind (underneath) the table. Any suggestions for how they might do this? Thank you!  

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Como comparto mi curso con mis estudiantes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the Course Link Validator I get a message: Links to other courses in this resource may not be accessible by the students in this course:  https://canvas.kth.se/courses/11/pages/degree-projects-helpful-hints-for-examiners-and-supervisors-20...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone. I'd like to know if our students can see when we add points using this tool called "Fudge Points".Thank you 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does entering a student as attending in Roll Call attendance, remove the "Pending" from the person's name in people?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are beginning our Blackboard to Canvas transition soon and one question that has come up is how long we should keep Blackboard after the transition is complete. I can see needing access to a Blackboard environment for the purpose of pulling course...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to receive push notifications when someone posted on a Discussion that I follow. This was very useful to me: students post their questions under a week-specific or assignment-specific Discussion, and push notifications allowed me to answer pro...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies