Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I just noticed that the Student View option is no longer on the right side of the Home screen. Would it be possible to put it there again? It is very beneficial because I use that button frequently to show my students how to complete and submit work....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm trying to add a zoom link to a course that I'm a teacher of. I made the zoom link with the same email that's listed on canvas, but when I choose 'import zoom meeting', I get this error: "You are not the host of this meeting. Only Zoom Admi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My university uses Kaltura integrated with Canvas. Embedding Kaltura media in a page, announcement etc. with the old rich content editor was easy. There was an "embed Kaltura media" icon in the rich content editor toolbar.  I am trying to find a simi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am trying to get some data about users' visits on discussion forums such as the times they visited certain forum topic. I've read the API doc and am able to get their posting data. I havn't found anything about their non-posting data. I only ha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student using Canvas. When I go to the courses page and scroll down, I can't find any Past Enrollments section, and when I go to the Help section, I'm not given the option to contact support or to make a ticket. Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've made a "game board" in google slides.  I also saved it as a jpeg.  What I want to do is put a link to a different assignment in each spot on the game board.  How do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been moving assignments around for Winter Term, and some of them just stubbornly refused to move to the date I wanted--but only if I was moving them to a later date. It turns out I had specified closing dates for the assignments which were the s...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently when a user signs into Canvas using an incorrect Username or Password the general warning message "Invalid username or password. Trouble Logging in? Check out our Login FAQs." pops up. The link to check out our Login FAQs points the user to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I mistakenly deleted a rubric in my blueprint course. I tried restoring it but I couldn't find where it was restored. Any ideas on how to restore this rubric?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, first time posting, so let me know if I am following the guidelines for this board. We are creating a web application using the Canvas API to showcase student data in a unique way. Our application works, but we have an edge case where when ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor and am trying to show my course organization and materials to a fellow instructor. Is there a way to add him to the course so he can see the modules and files but not see student information such as grades or submitted work?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My class is a two semester course.  The content in the second term relies heavily on the knowledge acquired in the first term.  As the semester is winding down, I am aware that many students will not finish the course modules before the start of the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sync to Synergy is not working and I have tried EVERYTHING!  I have multiple classes and I do the same thing for each one and some work and some don't.  I don't get it!  The classes are crosslinked correctly.  The group names match.  The due dates ar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am editing a survey I created as a single question quiz with many Multiple Answers. I copied it from last quarter's course, and would like to add answers to it and reorder them (it's a survey to find out when I should hold office hours, so the opti...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

HiBesides notifications for discussions, commentaries in discussions, annoucements and many others... I'd like an automatic (yessss) notification when I just made a new page of content for my students, without mailing them for it... would that be pos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

UPDATE: I see that I can adjust/remove content frames by editing the raw html. So the question is: what is causing Canvas to create new <div>s? ORIGINAL QUESTION: I would like to remove the extra adjustable content frames that accrue on my assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The default pronoun setting was "None." I had changed it to my personal pronoun but I didn't want it to appear everywhere in the course system so I wanted to remove my personal pronoun selection from my profile page. I changed the setting to "None" a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to give students feedback on an assignment before it is given a final grade, so they can revise and resubmit. Currently, the instructor can't do this because any annotations you make using speedgrader are invisible to the student until the gra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Someone has signed up in an canvas organizationg with my eamil. How do i remove my email from that persons account?? i Keep getting emails about courses updates and stuff.  I tried to contact the university but nothing have happend How do i remove my...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied the everything from a course that I am currently teaching into a course that I will teach next semester.  I am trying to delete some of the file folders that I don't need for the upcoming course but there is no delete icon or option for the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When attempting to clone forked assignments from GitHub to my terminal, I am receiving an error that reads: C:\Users\Fitz\Development\code>git clone git@github.com:fitzgebt/welcome-completing-assignments.gitCloning into 'welcome-completing-assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recently copied the wrong canvas course into a new "blank" one, so I would like to reset the course content and start over. I looked up how to do this on canvas and found this guide. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-rese...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I want to integrate Jupyterhub with canvas but i couldn't,  Is there any possibility to integrate ?I don't want to use illumidesk rather jupyterhub is cool for me... 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Canvas account and I have developed several modules but now I need the admin button in the left menu bar and I do not have it so how can I change my lore from a teacher to admin?Best Birgitta

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot import courses nor course content into my new courses. I have gone through all the steps that I've used for years. There is no pull down menu for choosing previous courses. If I try typing a course name in the search box, it doesn't show me ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get imported material from a pervious canvas site to show in a new canvas shell

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been working through a number of API calls recently and seem to have hit a wall with 'Bulk update column data' and was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion.  For testing purposes, I am using Postman to create the API call. Parameters: I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How can I set up the "bogus ignore it "as the default option for grade uploads to canvas? If i have a 30 column xlsx/csv file I don't want to develop Canvas Tunnel Syndrome by clicking 30 + times. In Moodle it's a default option, makes me think th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to move all the readings for a course from one semester to the next.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to bulk edit due dates and availability dates.  I select all assignments with check, however they don't update. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies