Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I cannot import courses nor course content into my new courses. I have gone through all the steps that I've used for years. There is no pull down menu for choosing previous courses. If I try typing a course name in the search box, it doesn't show me ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get imported material from a pervious canvas site to show in a new canvas shell

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been working through a number of API calls recently and seem to have hit a wall with 'Bulk update column data' and was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion.  For testing purposes, I am using Postman to create the API call. Parameters: I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How can I set up the "bogus ignore it "as the default option for grade uploads to canvas? If i have a 30 column xlsx/csv file I don't want to develop Canvas Tunnel Syndrome by clicking 30 + times. In Moodle it's a default option, makes me think th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to move all the readings for a course from one semester to the next.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to bulk edit due dates and availability dates.  I select all assignments with check, however they don't update. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create lessons through which students can navigate.  Students would answer questions at specified points in the lesson.  I need the option to require students to answer correctly in order to move on or to be redirected to review the as...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,  I used the free version of Canvas and I've viewed the following page https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-restore-a-concluded-enrollment-in-a-course/ta-p/930 to try and restore a concluded course. However, when I click...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

From what I have found on other people's posts, if a student clicks on another tab, canvas log will mark it if the student didn't open a new tab, the student opened a pdf file of lecture note saved on his computer instead. Will canvas log mark flagge...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when initially assigned to an assignment, only a few students were selected and assigned the assignment. when editing an assignment, the remaining uses are automatically selected for assignment. what should i select TA permission on admin setting opt...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When Creating an assignment we defined the Assignment Type (refer to the below snapshot). Can anyone please tell me in which API I can find this Assignment Type? Thanks in Advance!  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Part 1: Several guides on Moderated Grading suggest that after publishing the assignment and selecting the Moderate button, it should be possible to assign certain graders (max 2 per student) to certain students. However, I am only seeing a list of t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been marking attendance on Canvas for the entire semester. When I run a .CSV attendance report (excel) for 2nd Quarter (from 25/10/2020 to 17/12/2020), it does not include all the days I took attendance on and is inaccurate (showing absent for s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the canvas app as a student, and when I open to my dashboard, my view is often different than the default displayed here. My canvas tabs are located on the bottom, and course cards are on the left hand side. The main portion of the screen ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I download group membership. The post with the api information - Automated report of group sets, groups and members in a course - is no long available.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When adding an LTI Key in the Developer keys section, I am receiving an error "Must have at least one redirect_uri defined.". What could be the reason for receiving this error?  Public JWK:{"title":"(SATool)","description":"1.3 Test Tool used for doc...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use Skyward as our SIS, and have had a lot of issues this fall since the upgrade this summer with grade passback. Some have been figured out, but new ones keep cropping up. Here is our latest. A teacher syncs grades to Skyward. For one of many rea...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When putting in the due date/time, the time is automatically set to 11:59 pm. Is there a way to change the 11:59 pm to another specific time so that we don't have to keep changing the time?  I decided to make 5:00 PM my new due time since 11:59 pm is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues,I'm attempting to manually create a course section and add students. I've read the guides and followed the steps, However, when I reach the step to assign a student to a section (People > Edit Sections), the section that I created never ap...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good evening, My students just took an assessment. I inadvertently forgot to enable Turnitin.com. Is there any way I can do this retroactively?  Thanks Mike Bruno

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The latest problem:  I have synced assignments, but only Late Grades from Canvas are posting--the ones that were completed on time in Canvas do not transfer to Power School.  I have checked due dates, deleted in Power School and re-synced, etc.,--not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Using New Quizzes/Math Quill to write questions for my geometry courses and I cannot find a way to get the line symbol above my letters. I am NOT looking for \overline{AB}, as that produces a bar with no arrows. I have tried searching various Latex c...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a few template courses that I copy over from every semester to my actual courses.On this template course I have a procedures quiz which students are required to earn 100% on before proceeding with the class proper.I made some edits to it, but ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone. Here's my issue. I like to give a "0" for missing assignments -- it certainly motivates students to get their work in! What I don't like about Canvas' feature, however, is that grade, "0" or otherwise, will stay there until a grade is a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a student and I have just encountered a problem that my whole submissions history was gone for my final exam. I am very sure that I made a submission and saw the submission status during the exam period. However one week later, I received a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know exactly how canvas determines this. For instance, if a user has clicked on the scroll bar on the side of the browser page to show the rest of the page's contents, and did not click back on the page itself, does this register with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been versioning my questions in the testbank for some time now (I normally use R/Exams but I have used text2qti in Python as well) and it works well.  Does any know what is the maximum number of questions that can be in a testbank?  Or is it jus...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are we able to see how it looks when the students access it?  Is there a "Next" link on each page?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Parapro here — I'm working with an instructor whose offline policy is to have a group of small weekly assignments, adding up to 75 points, that is only graded out of 50. A student could, therefore, theoretically accrue up to 150% of the 'value' of th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, We are trying to integrate canvas application to a third party application (Citrix WSI) using the API. Expecting responses for the below queries. 1. Do you provide a free trial account with full access to API? 2. Is an admin account a mandat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies