Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Colleagues,I'm attempting to manually create a course section and add students. I've read the guides and followed the steps, However, when I reach the step to assign a student to a section (People > Edit Sections), the section that I created never ap...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good evening, My students just took an assessment. I inadvertently forgot to enable Turnitin.com. Is there any way I can do this retroactively?  Thanks Mike Bruno

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The latest problem:  I have synced assignments, but only Late Grades from Canvas are posting--the ones that were completed on time in Canvas do not transfer to Power School.  I have checked due dates, deleted in Power School and re-synced, etc.,--not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Using New Quizzes/Math Quill to write questions for my geometry courses and I cannot find a way to get the line symbol above my letters. I am NOT looking for \overline{AB}, as that produces a bar with no arrows. I have tried searching various Latex c...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a few template courses that I copy over from every semester to my actual courses.On this template course I have a procedures quiz which students are required to earn 100% on before proceeding with the class proper.I made some edits to it, but ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone. Here's my issue. I like to give a "0" for missing assignments -- it certainly motivates students to get their work in! What I don't like about Canvas' feature, however, is that grade, "0" or otherwise, will stay there until a grade is a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a student and I have just encountered a problem that my whole submissions history was gone for my final exam. I am very sure that I made a submission and saw the submission status during the exam period. However one week later, I received a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know exactly how canvas determines this. For instance, if a user has clicked on the scroll bar on the side of the browser page to show the rest of the page's contents, and did not click back on the page itself, does this register with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been versioning my questions in the testbank for some time now (I normally use R/Exams but I have used text2qti in Python as well) and it works well.  Does any know what is the maximum number of questions that can be in a testbank?  Or is it jus...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are we able to see how it looks when the students access it?  Is there a "Next" link on each page?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Parapro here — I'm working with an instructor whose offline policy is to have a group of small weekly assignments, adding up to 75 points, that is only graded out of 50. A student could, therefore, theoretically accrue up to 150% of the 'value' of th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, We are trying to integrate canvas application to a third party application (Citrix WSI) using the API. Expecting responses for the below queries. 1. Do you provide a free trial account with full access to API? 2. Is an admin account a mandat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Guys,I'm new to Canvas, but I've created my online course and it is published.  But I have not yet "enrolled" my test student ...want to make sure they can access online learning content etc. Is there a step by step guide?Thanks, Neil, 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to write an LTI 1.3 tool in asp.net MVC. There are quite a few articles such as https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Developers-Group/NET-LTI-Project-Part-1-Connect-to-Canvas/bc-p/271648 which supports LTI 1.0. I am not getting any starting poin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I am just wondering if anyone has experienced students' answers in a quiz not being recorded?Currently have a student who has submitted his final exam and after reviewing his final grade is not happy. When we released the quiz along with students'...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

For two of my courses at two different institutions, Canvas wasn't automatically assigning peer reviews, despite my following all the instructions to set up the assignment to do so. My poor students were wondering what was happening, and it set us al...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Will a celebration only appear on assignments or will students receive a celebration for practice and graded quizzes as well? My 1st graders would love this!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add grading periodes to a free for teacher couirse?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am able to use the API to create a rubric and populate it with criteria.  The problem which I keep running into is that the whole rubric object is incredibly verbose, and any just a bit larger rubric will get rejected by the server due to the size ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I marked half of the questions of the exam on SpeedGrader yesterday and closed the browser. Today, when I wanted to continue marking, I noticed that all marks from yesterday have disappeared. How can I save marks on SpeedGrader in order to contin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been teaching on Canvas for a few years now, and I've never seen this before. I post comments when I grade assignments. I know that if students have email notifications turned on for assignment comments, they will receive the comment with the gr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am teaching a "stacked" class, one is a graduate level class and one is na undergraduate level classes.  I want to merge the two classes into one.  I see an option for my other class that has labs associated with it to merge them into one, but no s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The prerequisite function for Modules is great. We'd also like to remove the dates and run the course based on completing each individual assignment within a module in order. Is it possible to force students through a path - unlocking each successive...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I scroll left a little too much, Canvas takes me to the previous page.  At best this is annoying and at worst has cost me an entire page of typed instructions.  Is there a way to turn this feature off in settings?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Community,I was working through some MasteryPath work and ran across this Guide:  How can I choose an assignment path in a module?  The document was written for the student to make choices from the assignment group. How do I create such an assi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm attempting to make a pre-class quiz that helps guide students to the topics we'll cover in class. I was hoping to use the Quiz feature to do this, but it's not quite what I had in mind...let me elaborate:I want to give my students instructions on...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to download all student submissions over the course of the semester, with all grade annotations.Is there a way to do this all at once, or do I need to individually download each one?There are about 500 submissions, so downloading them individu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When bulk editing assignment due dates (Assignments -> 3 dots -> Edit Assignment Dates) I would like to be able to add/edit the times in addition to changing the dates. My classes meet at different times on different days. I like to set my due times ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Using the New Quizzes version of Canvas, is there functionality that allows me as the instructor to release quiz results at a particular time and date vs. the student seeing their quiz results once they complete and submit the quiz?  I give students ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Follow me on this story: Steve takes a test 1st block.  He gets a 18 out of 20.  He looks at his score and views which questions he gets wrong.   Then, at lunch, he opens the test while sitting with his girlfriend Mel.  Mel gets to see what Steve ans...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies