Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I regain access to my course; course ID isnt working??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignments with file uploads and Unicheck enabled. I do not have my own unicheck account at this moment.Can I submit a file to the Unicheck database by using the student view and completing the assignment myself? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a New Quiz, I select the option (under Submission Attempts) to allow multiple attempts. Unfortunately, students aren't allowed to take the quiz more than once unless it is changed under the Settings tab when building the quiz. The opt...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone here using a Canvas compatible, mastery gradebook similar to Mastery Connect?  We have used Mastery Connect at our school before, and saw that they were compatible with Canvas but the program is not affordable for our small school/small dis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to be able to click on the links that are part of the documents my students submit for their assignments. Is there an easy way to do this? Or maybe Canvas could enable this feature? I want students to submit documents, but part of their ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I really like to use the Complete/Incomplete option for participation in Live Lessons (I am currently teaching fully remote). I would like to differentiate between students who don't complete the classwork and students who are absent without marking ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here is a picture: https://ibb.co/ZmYh6n5Please help I cannot see their assignments in speedgrader.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can teachers see if students have different web browsers open during a quiz/test (for example, if they are taking the test on safari but they have google chrome open)? Or can teachers just see different tabs open on the web browser that they are talk...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can you have students fill in a table in New Canvas Quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1. Does anyone here knows how to migrate test banks of Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes?2. Or how can I upload test banks for Canvas provided by book publishers to New Quizzes. At present, it works only to Classic Quizzes.3. When I migrate a classic qu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A student on my course was using their own iPad to take a quiz and could not see embedded images in the questions, whether the quiz was acessed with the Canvas Student app or via Google Chrome - a blank space appeared instead (see attached). I've see...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, My friend, she is an instructor and she is still unsure about how to automatically assign a specific number of points to each question in the New Quizzes. I was looking at the Question Forum to get the answer but I couldn't find a clear answer. D...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering what others do with their SIS IDs year-over-year with cloned courses. We are only in year 2 of Canvas and coming up against something we hadn't thought through. Consider: AP Biology occurs every year. In the 2019-2020 school year, its S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm currently logged into my canvas testing site as an Admin user. You can see in the screenshot below I've navigated to the course list page and filtered by the word "Test". Several courses show up with "Test" in the title. Next, I created an acces...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm setting up my course using modules, with each module being a prerequisite for the next.  I have assignments in each module that need to have submission deadlines, and I don't want to allow late submissions.  What happens if I make completion of t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to identify the user in session (after authenticating in canvas) with the sis_user_id.I was trying to simulate the canvas login, to have it returned, but I was unsuccessful.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I signed up to receive SMS messages for my child's school district.  When I receive an SMS message from Canvas it is always from a different number.  I tried adding the numbers to a single contact on my iPhone.I discontinued adding the numbers to the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the only person teaching my course at my school, but there are teachers who teach it at other buildings in our district. We created a collaborative course that we built our curriculum within and add content to across the year. We can then copy m...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have received a message from a student.  It lists here name as [some_name].  However, when checking the "People" page on my class, I have no student whose official name is [some_name].  How can I figure out which student is messaging me? (i.e. how ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have bookmarks of my classes such as 2nd period, 3rd, etc. so when I use it, l can quickly go to the assignment for my 2nd-period class, modules. Now since last week or at least this week, it starts redirecting me to PCSB. I didn't worry about it b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

No puedo configurar LockDown Browser en mi isntacia al configurarlo e ir a la la heramientya para aplicarlo en un examen me sale una pagina en blanco les ha pasado      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are an elementary school that uses Google Classroom but is transitioning to Canvas.  We use other applications like typing.com, code.org, and many others that we are able to sync with Google Classroom to create classes and keep them up to date.  D...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!! I have made two quizzes in Canvas and one is for my SPED section of students, who need extra help. That one I have selected to not shuffle BUT in the preview for the teacher, it shuffles every time. Is there a way around this? Questions shoul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am following the instructions on How do I create Likert scale quiz questions? When I add responses for each possible answer for each Likert item, only the first likert item I edit is updated and the rest do not show words as possible choices, just ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ahoy,Checking on something: My understanding when allowing students to edit a course page is that, if more than one person is editing at the same time, the person who saves it last will overwrite the other's contribution. Is that correct?Blue skies.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. ¿Is there any chance to search and filter by name, last name, númber, etc. on the Speedgrader resource as we made on the general grade page?  It´s hard to find each student one by one, specially when we have groups of 300 students or more. Please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several students who are on my Canvas roster but do not get assigned the google documents through the LTI canvas system. Almost all of them are very inactive, but one of them has 22 hours of "engagement" with my canvas page.How do I make sure ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good day,Is there anyway that we can buy used text books from other parents? My kids grade 4,7 and 9 books were hardly used. We need a platform that we can swop and change or buy from each other.  Let me know if we have such a platform please.  Regar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tengo varios alumnos en uno de los cursos que en vez de aparecer su nombre en el perfil de usuario aparece un número de identificador. El problema es que al cerrar el curso, estos alumnos no pueden ver los contenidos, mientras que el resto de alumnos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,A simple question. I have about 10 assignments where students submit files. I just want to grade them as a 100 if a file has been submitted. I don't want to check/view/grade them manually. Else, I just want to export a csv with 1 for a file su...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies