Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi! I am trying to build a chatbot for a particular course using DialogFlow, the google owned chatbot tool.  I have a question around the integration of the chatbot in the production environment of the university. Could you please help me clarify the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor who was just putting the finishing touches on a new rubric for a Canvas assignment. Then I clicked the assignment's "edit" button to check on something, but when I went back to the assignment page again using my browser's back butto...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I wanted to know why I can't see any of my classes on my canvas page?  I was able to see my classes and do my assignments on Canvas earlier today, but now I can't. I contacted my school's tech support, but they also did not know why my Canvas...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how we can see all the discussion activities (throughout the term) for one individual student!?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a "discussion" a prerequisite for the next section!? It seems that we can only add prerequisite for modules.Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Generally, when instructors choose "Copy To...", the dialog window appears allowing that instructor to "Select a Course", and the accompanying drop-down menu lists the current-term courses for that instructor. However, for one of our instructors (and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Buenas tardesDesde hace tres horas estoy tratando de acceder a las clases grabadas y sólo se queda pensando la página y hace rato me apareció el siguiente mensajeThe service is unavailable 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Community, I hope you can answer a question to an experience one of my instructors has had. The instructor has a Peer Review assignment set up where students will leave annotation feedback to one another on their assignment submissions. The instru...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My Institution is running a limited canvas pilot for a small subsection of our classes. I am one of the administrators. I'm interested in somehow accessing the info presented in paginated screens from Canvas > Admin > Coursesinto a flat file so I can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

He creado una colaboración y quiero saber cómo la hago calificada, es decir, cómo le asocio una rubrica.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using new quizzes and would like to see how the students as a class performed on a given question, i.e., I want to identify "bad" questions that few if any students answered correctly.  I don't see how to do this. Because of COVID and using onlin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who had an incomplete in my class in Fall 2019 and now he needs to complete two tests in Canvas to make that up. However it appears that that section now has some features disabled, so I cannot get into those quiz settings to change ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The New RCE has an interesting option under Formats > Blocks > Div -- what happens when I select "Div"? I am looking for easy ways to control padding around an image in the new RCE since I can't control CSS (at least I'm under the impression that I d...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are a newer client for Canvas about to finish our first term using the product.  We found out some time after going "live" that we had a number of "phantom students" enrolled in some sections (i.e., real students assigned a class in Canvas but nev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!We've created several SCORM assignments using Storyline 360 and are wondering what Canvas considers an "attempt" from a SCORM perspective. What we've noticed is that Canvas will record the grade and status for the first attempt, but subsequent ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  I have created appointment groups for my students. some of them have booked their appointments but not all. I now want to add students to the slots that still are available. But how do I do that? Is it possible to ad students to empty slots in th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use mastery-based quizzes as part of one of my classes, created through Storyline 360 and uploaded as a SCORM graded assignment. When I've implemented these quizzes in Blackboard, I can view a student's submission. This doesn't seem to be the case ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot add another Module card to my Dashboard. My University put up the card that is currently up, and it is an FCE training card on how to use Canvas. The Current FCE Training Module has been completed, and it will not allow me to move forward an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi. I have a student who left my class and joined another. The new teacher needs the submissions that I have received from this student. However, the student is removed from my participation list so how can we gain access to the submissions made by t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Community, I tried testing the "new quizzes" in canvas i found out that with "essay type questions", canvas sis unable to store the answer from the previous attempt and every time a teacher want as student to edit answer, students has to wr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I use a rubric in several courses without having to recopy the WHOLE thing over and over again? I have an interpersonal communication rubric that I would like to use in all of my world language courses at various levels.  This seems like it s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tables in Canvas QuizzesCan anyone help with solutions allowing the students to answer inside the table rows interactively? For example Column 1 has the questions, columns 2- 4 are fields where the student can answer with multiple options for that on...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, We are moving to another LMS next year and i have been asked to find away to bulk archive all of Canvas especially student submissions as we are required to keep data for min of 3 years. Is this possible without asking individuals to download the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This morning I noticed that in my grade book, I'm unable to see the current grade and average for students in my course.  I have not changed any settings.  They just disappeared.  Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?   Thx 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, Just a quick questions, as per the subject header: Are Practice Quizzes included in the submissions figure in Student Analytics? Many thanks.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I'm aware that Practice Quiz scores do not show up in Gradebook. However, is it possible to access a list of Practice Quiz grades, or to find out simply whether students attempted the quiz? I know that changing a Practice Quiz to a Graded Qui...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Automatically make students' answers and scores visible once all students have completed a quiz, or make their answers and scores available after the due date passes?  Right now it seems all one can do is choose to make answers available, seemingly w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have just noticed a Practice Quiz score does not show up in Gradebook. My problem is that I have more than 200 quizzes that I need to change the status of from Practice to Graded! I know how to do this individually, but with such a large nu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know why i cannot see the image and it seems like my upload has fail.  Could you help me plz because I have an exam tomorrow.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully been loading Kami assignments in Canvas and loving the results until I discovered that Canvas does not automatically mark Kami assignments that have not been submitted as "Missing" which then does not flag the students to the need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies