Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello!  Our school has a late policy .  We recently adjusted the policy from 5% to to 2.5% late penalty to a minimum of 80% off.  In the old system of late penalties (5% to 50% minimum), whenever students had less than 50% late penalties were not app...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to attach photos, I get a message saying user content exceeded after posting just one photo. The same happens when I try to upload to my “Files”. can anyone help?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I like to be able to access an exam as a test student (especially when I have limited the availability to one or 2 students), but adding the test student does not seem to be an option, even when I type in test.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I clicked the "All Courses", it only shows the courses that I currently taking. I can't see any other information on this page.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I require to add Google Hangout meet to canvas, but I have a difficulty! I don't know how to make an API account for the Google Hangouts Meet. I read all the tutorials, but I don't get what to do for this case. All tutorials were completely general. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is this just a blank practice?   (Page, Discussion, Assignment and Quiz)      

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am looking for input about permissions an Instructional Designer needs? Right now, our Instructional Designer has full account admin rights and we want to change that but we also want him to be able to assist faculty with their courses. The Des...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create fill in the blank fractions in a Canvas quiz where students would enter the correct numerator and denominator into each blank?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know this particular problem only impacts a small segment of people, but I would really like to see more hotkeys for speedgrader. Those of us with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome end up in a great deal of pain after every grading session in Canvas. It is ex...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,  At Le Moyne, we currently use the Outcome Results report export to create Excel Pivot Chart and Tables to represent student performance data collected using Canvas Rubrics. My questions: Who uses Tableau for visually representing this data? A...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm setting up a canvas account in the Philippines for my students. Do we as individuals still need to pay for students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use the Quiz tool to construct an ungraded survey for students to anonymously answer my course evaluation questions. I never had a problem with Blackboard going back after a semester has ended to retrieve Survey results. Yet as of this date, 1/30/2...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I *love* that I can make courses on Canvas public so others outside the university paywall can access the course content. Since we're all-remote this year, we're using Zoom and I've scheduled class meetings within Canvas: also great. But when I look ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The new Rich Content Editor has changed the behavior when creating a link to a file in a content page. In the old editor, when you created a link to a file and disabled in-line preview, the file would automatically download to the user's computer. Th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm an instructor and for one of my class periods, scores suddenly appear for all of my students (100%, of course), whether they submitted the assignment or not. This is very frustrating, and I have no idea what is going on. As far as I know, the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We'd like to create a knowledge base to house all of our instructor and student guides, which are mostly PDFs and videos. In addition to Canvas our university mainly uses Microsoft Office 365 apps.  We decided against both a regular website and Share...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We use the CSV option to import courses into Canvas. What is the process if upon initial import we wanted each course to have some content preloaded.  Of course the instructor/teacher can then change, but this provides placeholders for them to put th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! Students are telling me they get notifications every time someone posts on discussions. Does anyone know how to mute that as an instructor? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Typically, our students (with a student role designation in Canvas course) are automatically enrolled in Echo360 course sections (giving them view permissions) when they access the Echo360 recordings using the Ech360 app button in Canvas. If the Canv...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete old submissions files? I have looked at https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-delete-a-file-or-folder-as-a-student/ta-p/466 I have attached what I see on my end. I need to delete files so I can upload more for my ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

i created an upload question but when practicing the quiz through preview i can't get the image to upload.    

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  Is there a way to hide or remove an external tool from External Tools list in the assignments area? Our tool doesn't currently have an integration with the assignments area, so we'd like for it not to be an option in the assignments area if poss...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey there, I have a teacher who would like to cross list her courses.  A few of her courses are for a full school year and the other courses are for semester 2.  Will her cross listing these courses affect grade pass back? Thanks!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are currently using ILP to integrate to Colleague.  After classes began, we were asked to cross-list some courses. When trying to provision the new cross-listed courses through ILP and receive the following error:   "Course cannot be unpublished i...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

if i set up new course settings now for semester 2, will I lose the ability to modify semester 1's grades?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Three days ago I was able to use negative exponents in quizzes.  Now when I try, I just get a blank space where the negative sign should be.  Can we please get that feature back? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

<Attn: canvas developer community> Our client is planning to purchase canvas LMS for using as organization(corporate) training tool by  using the features available in it and building a wrapper using API for the rest of the requirement. They are plan...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, My institution is considering offering self-paced courses which will let students access the course material for 3 months after they sign up. The problem is not solved by using course Start and End dates, as each student will sign up at a diff...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since the menus have recently been updated for the Rich Content Editor, I cannot get both tools to show up on the top level. Other documentation says that you can have two but, when I try to enable one that hadn't been included, it doesn't stay. In o...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a teacher here who would like to hide/mute her grades on a quiz from her students, but would like her students to see their multiple attempts as a study aid prior to final grading. Is it possible to do this?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies