Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a student that has made a submission on an assignment, but did it wrong, can i reset the assignment for that one student to allow them to resubmit, without adding a 2nd attempt to everyone?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students keep getting this code when they try to submit a Google Cloud assignment. I use it all the time and it's the first time my students have encountered this code. Any thoughts? My students keep getting this code.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get my Synergy to show a missing assignment on a assignment synced from Canvas? It shows missing on Canvas but in Synergy it just shows a 0. Students aren't seeing in StudentVue that they still need to complete it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up a course and developed some modules with items within them. In the instructor view, the modules appear when I click on the course. However, in the student view, it says "No modules assigned to this course" How do I assign modules to a c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I am in a weight training class and we are required to record ourselves working out. I clicked to save to my video and after ten minutes it said that canvas was unable to process the video. It is now too late to record another video and the assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz in Canvas worth 18 points. Our district grades everything on a 4 point proficiency scale. Is there a way to change how much the quiz is worth overall? Or would I need to create a different assignment grade and then make the original ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Testing New Quizzes and Item Bank sharing. Adjusting to an item bank owned/belongs to user instead of course.-We have instructional designers who will create quizzes and item banks and then hand off to instructor. User A creates an item bank and shar...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! We use Canvas and have it set up to automatically sync (every night) with our PowerSchool program (online gradebook).  When Canvas marks an assignment LATE (due to it being turned in after the due date), the late indicator (red) transfers to m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, With the pandemic we have been forced into online distance education whether we're ready or not. I have been looking to expand out the methodology that I've been using for writing exams that have a degree of variability as an anti-cheating mea...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I place these figures next to the page name? follow the example below:

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a student that deleted assignments off their "To Do" list that have not been completed.  How can they access those assignments now?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our instructors often use a sandbox course shell to design courses for upcoming semesters. For some instructors, this has caused an annoying side effect after they have copied the content into the actual course. The Coming Up sidebar is showing assig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignments are syncing to Powerschool, but the grades aren't.  I can see all the assignments in Powerteacher Pro, but no grades.  It has been working fine up until about a week ago.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

So what do some of the symbols mean whenever someone completes an assignment for example what does the symbol that looks like 3 links of a chain mean?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Crear código de acceso a estudiantes?o código para estudiante?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is it possible to set minimum score in a quiz or an assignment? If yes. How does it work? Best regards,Kristbjörg  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been a problem now for several weeks and it's gotten frustrating enough that I'm finally posting. The situation is this: I create a quiz.I set up multiple due dates to handle a few students' situations, and then set the due date and time for...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would be useful to have a checklist to toggle on/off assignment groups displayed in gradebook. Right now seems to be all, or just one at a time. For example, display "projects" and "in-class activities" but not "archived". Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Colleagues, I use R and Python to make many versions of similar questions, especially for STEM-oriented courses.  Essentially, in a quiz, each question is a question group that pulls from a specific testbank carefully crafted with hundreds of version...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm working on getting our Zoom integration into our Canvas instance (Yes, I'm the admin in Zoom and Canvas). I've followed https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/lti-pro-v2/guides/canvas as a main guide to the integration. I've figured out a few mist...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any ideas on why one section would randomly not sync to power school when it is syncing for all other classes?  It says sync is successful each time and it hasn't been a problem up until now.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to display this page https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/tkb-p/canvas-release in an iframe (<p><iframe style="overflow: hidden;" src="https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/tkb-p/canvas-release" width="100%" height="3600"></if...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have a teacher using New Quizzes to create a multiple choice quiz where the number of points given for each question varies by the question response, as described here:https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-Multip...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a colleague enrolled as observer to my course on Canvas, but he's not able to see the Media Gallery link (which the students have no problem accessing it). Is there an option to enable the Media Gallery depending on the role? Or observers simp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to use an external writing tablet to input math work into the rich content editor?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had to submit an updated version of a paper. But when I submitted the new paper the old paper with commentss from my instructor  disappeared. Is it possible to find the old version of the paper with the feedback somewhere? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I leave individual comments for each student submission but would like to have a set "comment" for all missing work where students will receive a 0.For example, when I have missing work automatically set to be given the score of 0 I would like to be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For some of my discussion posts, I make instagram stories and save the entire story as a video, then upload it to canvas discussions for a fun little video on specific topics. However, I have found that even though it is playable and viewable for me ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning! I am trying to work with New Quiz Assignments and have a lot of trouble between editing settings in the quiz, or in the assignment. During this time of our marking period, I'm spending the bulk of my time either reopening an assignment ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all! I am an instructor trying to grade entries from multiple groups in speedgrader, but it won't let me move from one group to another. It says that it couldn't find anyone in that group. Can anyone help? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies