Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've spent a lot of time looking through the Mastery Paths questions and responses and still haven't solved some of my issues. So I went back to this Guide on How to use MP  and am wondering if some of the issues I'm encountering are a result of thes...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloI am new to Canvas this year but I am learning so many great things.  I am wondering if this flow chart is too much for Canvas?What I want to be able to do is to give remediation, the same remediation, if a student does not do well on the applic...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I write a formula question where a random number is chosen from a range, and then based on that number a second number/symbol (maybe from a lookup table) is generated? Thinking of a random atomic number, that when chosen also returns the atomi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my class, I use the assignments function for both homework and shorter tasks, as well as hand-ins, tests and bigger submissions. It is only this latter category I want to have in my (and the students') overview, as these  "count" more directly on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

a few students told me they submitted their assignments as MP4's on Canvas but I wasn't able to view it or find it. How can a student submit an mp4 through Canvas and how can I view it? -Charles Gray

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a "Paragraph of the week" assignment in Canvas using Google Slides as an External Tool submission. I need students to write on a slide eon each of four days and then submit the assignment at the end of the week. How can I make this hap...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my teachers shares a weekly announcement with students and parents that includes images.  They had a parent reach out that when they receive the email the images do not show for them--only the text.  Is there a way to ensure they see the image...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It has always worked in my other courses, but in both sections of one course, nothing happens when I press the "+ rubric" button. I have rubrics in the course ready to go. As far as I can tell, nothing is different about how I set up this assignment ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When is Canvas going to add this feature: "Keep the Highest Grade"? Previously, few members have pointed out the differences between "Ignore" & "Keep" options. Their eloquence quite brilliantly summed up the necessity for the "Keep" option. Hopefully...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way students can record the answer they wrote on paper and submit that as their "file" to the question? I don't think they will know how to take a photo, save the photo to their computer, then find the photo to upload it to Canvas. They do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally linked both my kids accounts together and now I can’t figure out how to undo it. Even when I type one login Id and password, they still come up as a joint account now with only one child’s name. Is there anyway to unlink them and get t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I copied a quiz from last year's course to this year's, but the question bank was not copied. I cannot remember if this is a new quiz or not, (but probably not) and none of the guides seem to address my problem. Any advice would be appreciated. K...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was wondering if there is a way to have the dates of "available from" and "until then" show up on the line with the assignment name on the module list?  The due date shows up and the points show up on with the name of the assignment on the module l...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas has developed the nasty habit of corrupting quizzes when I copy them from another course. It has changed the type of question (from fill-in-the-blank to multiple choice) and changed the correct answer key multiple times. I review the quizze...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up 60 total points for a test in Canvas, but 10 are supposed to be extra points. If a student earns 60 points, 10 should be his/her bonus points. How should I make this adjustment after all the students took the test?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am not able to login to the wolsey hall community and today is the dead line of a video competition so i am very worried... this is the link of my video in case i can't submit it..https://youtu.be/rST_seVMQF0

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to suggest edits to student text in Speedgrader (I am thinking of something similar to the "post edits as suggestions" function in Drive)?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a file as an assignment in Canvas?   Regardse-Zone

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set up a quiz using question groups. I have placed questions in the group but not all of them have the same point value.However, the question group wants me to state how many points per question.I don't want a fixed number of points pe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher marking in Speedgrader. I have noticed you are able to download submissions and instructors comments in Speedgrader. I want to be able to download the results of each of the criteria of the rubric for all students. Is this possible? Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am wondering if it's possible to connect my Wix website with Canvas? I see there's an option for API development but I do not have that level of development.What would you suggest I do?Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student who has been having an issue for awhile now with using Canvas in Firefox. When I click on "View Feedback" while looking at the grades for an assignment, it shows the in-browser preview loading in for a few seconds, but the whole webpag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor I can change quiz grades to show up as percentages instead of points in my view of the gradebook. However, it doesn't show up that way in the students view of the gradebook. Students see the number of questions/points they got correc...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The description looked great, but when I tried to use the new quiz format, all I got was a list of external tools that have nothing to do with quizzes. I want the "Old Coke" back!!  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make GET calls to Canvas but when I try to get the data using the sis_course_id: it doesn't work - I get a 404 error. However, if I replace the sis_course_id: with the numerical ID number Canvas automatically generates then the call is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I wanted to ask you guys if you knew a way to upload a video to a canvas so it counts towards the total activity.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have created modules with landing pages for my content page. Today I looked back on course work I created, the button to link to the content page is there but when I click on the button the content page is no longer available. If I hover my mou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there. We sometimes need to batch edit students (e.g., batch inactivate 200 students at one time). Is there a way to select multiple people from the People tab and edit them all at the same time? If not, is this a feature under development? It wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our teachers aren't able to save Assignment, etc content on the latest versions of Safari. It looks like it's maybe just Safari 14. They can type in some content, click save, then the content they saved just disappears. After a few tries, the content...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I hope I am in the right forum. If not I apologize in advance.I use the Canvas app on iOS 14.1 - Whenever I finish an image and want to save it as an animation, it doesn't save it properly. For example the background is missing or something like that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies