Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm an English professor who has recently discovered the joy of leaving video feedback for students on their essay assignments. It's a great way of taking the edge off of comments that might otherwise seem sharp when they arrive in written form. In t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  My teachers want to be able to assign a quiz to everyone except maybe the three students who were absent for the past three days and will not take the quiz. Is there a way to do this without choosing to assign to all 127 students (and leaving th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our students, teachers, and parents have noticed something confusing about the enhancement timeline bar. If a student does not submit and it is marked as missing and then the teacher grades it for 0, the grade and missing icon are correct but the sub...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students who receive submission error or submission failure messages.  When they air drop the file to another device and log into their specific Canvas account they are able to submit successfully.  Both devices are on the same network, and th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dashboard reminder list says there's a quiz in one of my classes that needs to be graded. This makes no sense for 2 reasons: 1. It's already graded via Speedgrader, so I shouldn't have to open and grade it at all, and 2. When I open it, the grade ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I mark a missing assignment as "Missing" (changing the color to pink/reddish and entering a grade of 0) for all students at once? If so, how? Can I mark all past-due assignments as "Missing" in a course at once? For my use, this is for the assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create an Assignment title that will be synced to Powerschool it will not allow me to create a title longer than 31 characters. I asked the tech in my district why that is and they said it was a canvas restriction because in our Powerschool we...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I really don’t know how to talk to my teacher

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Example:Test 25% of gradeAssignments 50% of gradeDiscussions  25 % Second Question:Where do I set up points  or  if I just want it to instructions worth  ( 0 ) ZERO POINTS Im finding in my grade book the instruction pages are wanting to make it wort...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a Canvas quiz with both multiple choice and formula type questions.  When I generated an item analysis of the quiz, each of the multiple choice type questions give a break-down, but the formula type questions are labeled as "ungraded".  How...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As the title suggests, is there a way to add a new member to a canvas collaboration and have the email notification/invitation only to go the new member and not everyone in the collaboration list?   Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an assignment in a current course called HW2 Short Story and created a rubric to match.  Last night, I opened a previous course to copy an assignment I had made there and I wanted to use in this current course. After the Copy Content was fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help with this. In an odd case, you have students with the same name in a course. Setting up indiviual assignments for students with the same name can be tricky, would it be possible to set up assignments using stu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to attend tonight's Canvas Klatch but 15 minutes into it and still no host to open the event. This would be my first, so perhaps I'm going about it wrong. It's not very reassuring to find no one there. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is anyone else having problems with this app on the latest iPad Pro? My daughters class page won't completely load even though it works fine on older iPads. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to get an assignment I have marked as late in Canvas to be marked as late in Skyward when I use the grade sync?  Currently, if I mark and assignment late in Canvas, it is not being marked as late in Skyward.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am primarily using the Google Cloud Assignment feature for my students, but when the due date passes, Canvas is not marking these assignments as missing. If a student submits after the due date, the assignment is marked as late, but I have to manua...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created groups, and assigned a Google slide for each group to collaborate on.  I then went into each Group site and added the file in their Collaboration section; however, when students try to open the file, it's not letting them.  Maybe a Google D...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I copy a page to another course that has hyperlinks to that specific course if I edit links in my other courses will it change the links on all the copied pages?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I have read the post responses to a question similar to mine. Others have posted that you can cycle through the submissions and choose the one you wish to grade for your student. However, this response was applied to an assignment that was still o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,   I had an instructor that made a quiz containing essay questions. She added comments to each question in the General Answer Comments text field. She then published the quiz and students completed it within the given window. After the window ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Many but not all of our sub-accounts (and we have hundreds) have Student Competency data I need to report upon, once that data is updated. This presents numerous problems for which I seek help.  I do not know which sub-accounts have Student Competenc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Iḿ using canvas on a Ipad due to Low vision.How can I magnify the canvas program? It stays the same and I can enlarge the text.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I downloaded a .csv Course Activity Report using these instructions, but I'd like more details on exactly what each column tells me. Does the "last viewed" column give the time when the student's last view started or ended? Is there a query where I c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have created an "Ungraded survey" in my Canvas course, as an instructor. What I would like to do is make this survey compulsory to complete in order for a student to progress with the course. So I do not intend to give a specific grade for t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.  My students are still turning in work from the last 9 weeks. I have given a 0 and marked too late to submit and it won't clear off my teacher app to do list. Is there a way to clear it off so that I am not seeing the same work?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible for a student to complete a peer review if they themselves have not submitted to the assignment? I think currently a student has to have submitted something before they can peer review another. We think this might be a useful option as...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor and am able to download assignment submissions, but cannot view them on Canvas. I have checked my browser compatibility:Chrome 86, MacOSIncognito modeHardware acceleration offAny other suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting to remove a rubric from an assignment that has already been marked in Speedgrader using the rubric tool to total marks. The assignments have not been released to students as of yet. My question is: will this impact the scores provided us...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies