Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

So how do we actually create the Canvas page with the tiles?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for students to upload multiple files to a single quiz question? We are running into issues with students who test in math. The math problems being asked require multiple steps that lead to students, writing out their answers on multip...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Olá pessoal. Preciso de uma ajuda.Cadastramos uma aluna com o nome errado, ela iniciou o curso e só depois percebemos o erro... Entramos no usuário, editamos o nome, e alteramos para o nome correto, porém mesmo assim o Canvas não assume o novo nome, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I try to reopen an assessment in new quizzes, even after I removed the time limit, my student is unable to open the quiz? I did go back and changed the "until time" but no luck.  She can reopen the quiz but then it immediately closes. . . ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We would like incomplete student assignments to not appear in the To Do list for students now that we are in Quarter 2.   Will setting those assignments with "Available Until Date" for the last day in the previous quarter solve this? If not, is there...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since Friday when I try to submit a comment to a student in speedgrader and submit the submitting keeps spinning and then the comment is copied to the next student in speedgrader. I have tried closing out Canvas and it didn't seem to make a differenc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What haven’t I been able to see some of the assignments and discussions my professors have been posting? What should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cross-linked 3 courses, but found the 2 being cross-linked lost their course content. I need to restore the courses, and tried to de-cross link them, but don't have the de-cross link option on the right side of the Canvas page.  Please help. Thanks...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am in desperate need of help with integrating Canvas and Adobe CC.  My understanding is that my students should be able to complete assignments inside Canvas.  My students are using Chromebooks and aren't allowed to install programs on them.  We ar...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a quiz with no time limit and no end date set with the Show Correct Answers Immediately set but for some reason we have one student that is showing the quiz as muted rather than giving the answers. I have checked the config and run through th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that this is not a feature, but how can we move this idea to be seriously considered.As more classes are moving to online, there are more creative ways to look up answers. Having a time limit per question in the quizzes would be helpful.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In August I was able to create assignments that asked students to download an audio file (.mp3) from the assignment page (and then save it to their iPad to bring into an assignment in GarageBand).  With the new updates, the audio files I upload into ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to find Safari Montage as an option in my external tools in order to add a video, but it is not there.  Can I add it myself and if so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a student video already made to instruct students to get to Zoom in Canvas?Thanks for your helpPam Hare

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,Ever since the most recent 6.9.5 update on iOS, there has been an error loading grades for certain courses for me. The error message says “there was an error loading grades. Pull to refresh and try again.”I’ve tried few different things but th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student, and my teacher says that whenever he tries to preview my assignment submissions he only sees the first page of the PDF. When you download it, you can see everything, but he's really bad with tech, and he doesn't get it when I explain i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm hitting https://utah.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/636288/quizzes/1980551/submissions to try and get a list of all of the quiz submissions, but it's only returning 10 results.  I can see in the gradebook that I have hundreds of submissions f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I used to be able to message people in Groups in Inbox. Today when I tried to, I tried to chose a person but it said No Results. Why is that? Is it possible for a teacher to disable it? Or for a group to "expire?"

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The student's Access Report displays the student's last date a page/assignment/discussion/quiz is viewed.  If the student has viewed the page multiple times, is there a way to view all the item's dates?     

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm teaching a photography/yearbook class and am looking for a good app/site, that can integrate seamlessly with Canvas. I want students to Be able to upload image, provide descriptionsSee each other's images, provide comments I have used Flickr in t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloI recently noticed that the buttons to my modules that I created work great on my laptop, desktop and even on my phone (if I log into Canvas directly) but not on the Canvas Student App.I tried clearing the cache and data on the app, uninstalling...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Author posted an activity in the form of a slide show and self-check questions.  The answer to one of the questions is incorrect and now the wrong answer is being reinforced to my students. How can I contact the author to correct it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that instructors can set up manual groups in such a way that the groups are invisible to the students in them, or otherwise manually create subsets of students within the gradebook? I am looking for a way to more easily monitor in my g...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the New Quizzes tool I am not seeing a way to set a Fill-In-the-Blank question to be case-insensitive. I see that as an option if  I use the 'Close Enough' option based on the Levenshtein Distance but it does not allow me to set the Levenshtein to...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use google chrome, and for some reason when I am watching a recorded lecture or taking a quiz, my page starts to refresh and I then lose my spot in the lecture. It's frustrating because I have to then again find where I left off in the video. I'm a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a teacher and I'd like to do the next:Assign an assessment to students with multiple attempts, but that in each attempt the student takes, the grade decreases by a certain percentage.Assign an assessment to students with multiple attempts, but th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can paired observers see submitted work? For example, could this observer see a Google Doc submitted by a student they are paired with?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I submitted an assignment on time, then accidentally submitted it again a day late because i thought it had not submitted. How can i prove the date of the original submission

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been able to log in to the trining portal. This is the message I receive, any ideas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies