Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi, I used the ShellScript cURL method to get a list of the users in the course.   This is my script:   curl <https://$schoolname.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/$MyCourseID/users \ -X GET \ -d per_page=100 \ -d enrollment_type[]=student \ -H "Authori...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the Inbox feature - either across an entire account or for just individual courses? Thank for any input! Nicole

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't understand how to log-in to class to check-in does anyone know where to go I'm so confused. please help me 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! Is there a way to set Classic or New Quizzes to not allow the student to click submit unless they have given some sort of answer to every question? I'd like to switch off the ability for them to leave a question answer blank. I guess it's the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you confirm your teacher account

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  When I sign-on I would like my home page to be the dashboard but it is defaulting to an old course. How do I set my default home page as the dashboard as an instructor?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to customize the "Submit Grades" (this is where we submit grades to Colleague - our SIS)?  Currently, it shows the tabs as follows: Mid-term 1 Mid-Term 2 Mid-Term 3 Final Grade We would like it to reflect the following: No Show FTSE Mi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I noticed this week that not all the quiz scores (new quizzes) are reflected in the Gradebook. I had 3 quizzes in the past couple of days and based on the log details under the Moderate feature, all my students were able to take the quizzes. However,...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is the Canvas Team working on having the possibility of re-grading a quiz for the all submitted attempts once an answer typo has been corrected in any question type which is not just TRU-FALSE, Multiple Choice, or Multiple Answer. The inclusion of su...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created my assessment tasks in a New Quiz using Stimulus questions.  Can I copy this quiz and enter the answers, and use this as my answer guide?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The students completed a classic quiz but now I need to remove one student from the quiz because they have done an makeup assignment instead. Both the quiz and the makeup assignment are worth 5% so, consequently, the student's current grade is out of...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, any help how to resolve this text arrow symbol? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone! We are in the process of migrating our custom LTI tools to another server, and I'm having some trouble getting a tool to launch from the new server.  We are using Tomcat for deployment, having upgraded to Tomcat 9 (from 7) as part of ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!, Does any one know if there is a better way to sort by submission date in the Speedgrader in a way that will also organize submission by date and will migrate those not graded to the top and graded at the bottom?  Any suggestions for alternati...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to edit the subject line of emails sent when someone is added to a Course? The subject line currently says Course Invitation and Course Enrollment but does not specify the course title.  We are considering using Canvas for webinars we ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the quiz feature to give my students an exam. The first half of the exam was objective (T/F, fill in the blank, etc). The second half was file uploads. They uploaded pdf files. I went to Speed Grader and  then marked  their responses on an iPa...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have two section of the same class so the quiz settings are identical when it comes to quizzes.  For one class, when there are multiple attempts, I can see the individual attempts in speed grader using a drop down menu of attempts.   In the other ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Gradebook, the last column has exclamation marks. When I click on one of the exclamation marks, a popup says that Attendance, Quizzes, Mid-Term and Final Exam have no possible points. How do I correct this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Como realizo um encontro síncrono com os alunos pelo CANVAS? Preciso gerar um link para convidar os alunos. Temos uma ferramenta para isso?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignment: Assignment is Optional; Submit X pictures of your progress Canvas gradebook: Some students submit, some don't. Canvas classifies uploads as something that "needs manual grading" What I want to do: Mark all submissions as 1 point (witho...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The quiz shows the answer to the blank that I didn't make. When I edit the problem, this blank answer temporarily disappears and then comes back when I save it.   It doesn't seem to affect students' scores, but I want to get an accurate answer to thi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a limit to the number of courses you can have with a free faculty account? Is there a time limit to the free account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas I recently have begun to use my tablet to listen to zoom meetings I notice that there is no button to increase the speed of the lectures I usually listen to lectures at 1.75x - 2.0x speed but it is not possible with the canvas app Can yo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I assign an EdPuzzle, I use 100 for the points like all of my other assignments.  Then I select Incomplete/Complete.  However, If they don't make a 100 on the EdPuzzle, they are marked "incomplete." Can I change this to mark "complete" regardles...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I tried to duplicate a New Quiz, but it has been two hours and it just keeps on loading. Here is a screenshot:   I hope someone can help me. Thank you!  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We run a number of self-paced courses whereby students are manually concluded at different times. The course teacher would like to review the data collected in the course evaluation survey, but because all of the students who have completed it are no...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I had a problem with uploading image on the home page of my course. I followed the standard steps, in which I uploaded the image first on the course file and then added the image to the home page. But when I accessed the home page, there was a se...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How i change my use name not my profile name

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have tried logging into Canvas on my Mac and iPad but the page fails to load correctly. The left side bar is missing buttons and the place for courses just flashes. How can I fix this? I am able to load the page fine on a PC.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What I want: 1) I want students to be in a group and present a project.  2) I want students to grade the project/presentation of all other groups/people, using a rubric. 3)  I want each group to grade their group-mates, using a rubric. Questions: 1) ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies