Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

when I create a quiz (either new or classic) it asks for the total number of points in the initial settings.  By default that is set at zero.As I add questions the number of points available goes up.  If I then save the quiz i can attempt in student ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have my course set up with modules that are broken down by class unit. I unlock each module when it is time for the students to start that unit. Each module contains links to pages for each chapter within that unit. A chapter page contain all t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to generate a pairing code for a tutor that my child will be working with.  If we end the relationship with the tutor or switch tutors, how can I remove the tutor from my child's account? When logged in as the student I see a way to generate...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone tested whether there's a difference between student view and using an actual student account when testing mastery paths? From my experience and reading community posts MPs appears to be buggy and/or tricky neither of which makes it a featu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have the manual grade posting feature turned on and I post grades after I have graded the assignment for all students. But, when a student is added to my class mid-semester and I have to go back to add in grades for them, the grade is hidden and it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get the Profile Bio section to become available for faculty to use as they build courses? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in desperate need of a syllabus for PHAR 210 Pharmacy Concepts, Techniques and Application -  8 week format.  My adjunct Instructor is new and has not taught this course before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I searched the forum and could not find an answer for the following question.   I know if I edit a quiz (old quiz), that the edits do not affect students that have already taken the quiz. My question is, however, if students get multiple attempts at ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The students who take the quiz can see both the questions and all the answer alternatives.The issue is that in "Quiz statistics" some of the answers are empty.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Cannot seem to type while recording in Canvas.  The recordings suspend or stop all together when I hit any of the hotkey letters.  Any fixes for this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please help me get Google Docs tab back for assignment submissions!  I hid the Google Docs tab from showing during the great Google Assignments 1.3 jump, but now I need that Google Docs tab back.  We just hid it because we wanted to keep the ability ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I made a Report of the people connected in the conference and those students who have viewed the complete conference in BigBlueButtons

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy!I am not sure if this is a question that has been answered before, but I could not find a similar one. I created a "Question Group", and my FIRST Question in that Group was a "Text Only" description of the Problem (included tables, numbers, etc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to generate a course access report for the entire class? Or can it only be done at the individual student level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I am an instructor trying to copy my exam made in New Quizzes into another course. When I do so, it copies the settings, title, and instructions correctly, but none of the questions are loading. I saved all of my questions to two different Ite...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I gave the annotations for the submitted pdf and leave a grade for them, but after that, the annotations just disappeared. Do you know how to save the annotations? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, A few days ago I scheduled an exam for my online on demand Spanish course on ProctorU for today. I logged in today, got things connected and set with my proctor. But when he typed in the exam access code for the exam I'm taking (the midterm), ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am attempting to submit a grade for an assignment but for some reason they do not show up for the cells that are colored green. When I double click on them, it shows that they have a 100% but it just doesn't show up directly already like the rest. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I mark as Student as Excused in Attendance?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Using Canvas in Chrome results in random crashes. I can't detect a pattern as to when it happens. It happens on my laptop, but not my desktop computer, so it might be specific to the instance of Chrome on that machine. I've tried uninstalling and rei...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to spruce up my homepage with pictures with links to monday, tuesday....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all, First time I am using canvas and I am thrilled to use it. My question: I want to delete a user's data within a course (module prerequisite progress) and they will start the course from fresh start. I tried to remove and add the user to the c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Currently, the discussions on the Discussion Index Page are "Ordered by Recent Activity". Can this be changed to ordered by due date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently started teaching a course so I decided to use canvas to upload the material.Previously I was taking courses as a student on canvas, and when I registered on canvas as a teacher, my access to my courses as students was deleted.How could I b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm using question banks to randomize the questions in each of my student's quizzes. Is there a way to use the points associated with each question in the question bank instead of assigning a point value when adding a question group?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I just found out when we used canvas-data-sdk in python to fetch files, we could only get several requests files, but all other facts and dimension tables were missing ( starting from 13, Oct and files count reduced from 155 to 45). Also, the rece...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have used "if" statements successfully in older Canvas quizzes, but for some reason, I have not been able to get New Quizzes to take this one -- IF(x-y,IF(1+(x-y)/ABS(x-y),-1,1),0) I just want my students to be able to identify if a trend is decrea...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to export my quizzes.  Two export. Two don't. HELP! PLEASE!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the move to online, I am very new to Canvas quizzes (we only have the classic version available). How can I duplicate a question/test bank that I have imported into the course so that I can modify the copy while keeping the original intact? (imp...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to attach rubrics to exam questions to help facilitate open-ended question grading?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies