Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hola, necesito ayuda, quisiera sable como puedo añadir una respuesta en notación científica, en la sección de bancos de preguntas, el tipo de respuesta fórmula de, no puedo incluir de la notación científica dentro de la fórmula.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all! How can students see where they left off in the course? When a student has not worked on the course for a number of days and he logs in again, it would be very easy for him to immediately see what he worked on last time without having to go t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! How can I see on overview of all the pages, discussions, ... where students have participated on? I know that you see that on my dashboard if a page, a discussion it turned into an assigment. But apart from making an assignment out of it, how...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had an idea for Canvas that if you're trying to find something specific within a module or a teacher('s) page, there should be a keyword search. so you would have the ability to find what you're looking for quicker. the search bar would search not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I’m logging in my account and its not working for some reason.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My god, Speedgrader is awful to use. When will it be upgraded/fixed/replaced? The drawing tools are painful to use--the check and trashcan are too close to the item being drawn, and somewhat randomly the view seems to jump to a different part of the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My colleague has created an assignment that uses 'External Tool Submission' and a 'Google Drive Cloud Assignment' that opens in a new tab. All of her students are successfully able to open/submit the assignment except for one: when this student click...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Kami is not working, I have tied multiple times to install.  Is there an alternative I can use to complete assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I needed two different calendars for the two sections of my course. Since I understand that course sections are not able to have different calendars, I have created a (student) group for each course section and used the calendar associated to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the Kami tool in Canvas. My district has paid for it and is on my courses. Before the paid account, the free trial was a dream. Upload in assignment, kids click, annotate, answer, and submit. Now, I get a constant message saying: "An Error...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do my students know that I posted a comment on their assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,I have a fourth grade class with 4 sections cross listed together.  Is there a way to sort assignment submissions by section so I can easily see who has not turned in their work for each section?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I originally wanted my class to show a percent as a grade, but now I can't figure out how to change it so the students can see a letter as their grade and not a number percent.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has two sections of the same course, section 23 and section 26.  Section 26 was created by copying section 23 when it was finished and ready to be published.  Both sections are exactly the same.  In section 23, unsubmitted as...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I keep only one student from participating in the course until she or he completes a prerequisite? For example, all students will be moving to module 4, but I want one student to have to complete a quiz before she or he is allowed to move on ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hello All,We are planning to integrate the video calling/ chat and white board in LMC application. Can we do this using canvas ? If possible share some canvas links related to it. Thanks,Siva Vempati, +91-9603326382

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,We are planning to integrate the video calling/ chat and white board in LMC application. Can we do this using canvas ?Thanks,Siva Vempati,+91-9603326382

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Xinhui,Could you please explain a little more on what you expect in the outline of the class, if we are not able to meet face to face?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone in Tech Development addressing the glitches in speedgrader?  For example, when using the highlighter, I highlight some text, but don't leave a comment.  As soon as I click on the document again, it thrusts me down to the end of the document...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to PLEASE allow annotation of file uploads (via DocViewer) to be a feature in Quizzes?  I have seen several posts that have made this request.  If it is possible in New Quizzes, could you please show me how, as I am not seeing it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have created a assignment using the office 365 on line-submission tool.  75% of my students were able to open, edit and submit the assignment.  The other 25% of students are prompted to "Log-in"  I assume this means they need to log into Offi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the Folio integration available within Canvas Free for Teachers accounts or only paid accounts? For the paid accounts, I think I have to talk to the CSM to get that listed in my instance, but I wonder what about the Free accounts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings. I'm a university junior who uses Canvas frequently for my classes.One of my professors utilizes Canvas' analytics feature to see if we're watching pre-recorded lectures filed under Assignments; grading us based on the minutes watched.Howev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I followed instructions in the Canvas Guide to hide students' grade summaries:Clicked on Settings, Course Details, but no Advanced Options link showed up, so I cannot change what students see in the gradebook.Is this specific to my university, or am ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When students complete an Assignment from an Integration (Noteflight Learn) Canvas? automatically enters 100% percent into the Canvas Grade Book. Students are seeing 100% on an Assignment that hasn't been graded yet. I need to go into the Grade Book ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are experiencing issues with File Preview not working.  Every File that a student either attaches in an inbox or online in assignments is having to be downloaded to a teachers computer.  This is not helping when using speedgrader or saving our tea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question: I have a family where both parents have observer account for their student. However when one signs in it knocks the other user off. Is this usual and is their something I can advise these parents to do to be more successful in accessing the...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I record all of my class meetings and save them to the Zoom cloud, then post the link and password so students can revisit (for review) or visit (if they've been absent).  Is there a way to monitor/see who actually accesses these recordings?  I imagi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to keep a default feedback type in SpeedGrader?  I am grading the same assignment for 150 students, and I want to use the free draw pen tool for each student.  When I go to the next student, I have to click the pen each time before I s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When parents/observers receive email notifications, there's an embedded link that says Click to view. When parents click this, it brings them to the student login page. Is this a dead end for parents/observers?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies