Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

So I really like using the external tool submission for online assignments but the problem is that sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn't. When I go in and select Office 365 from external tool submission in assignments. It has the first little b...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach a large enrolment course and my role on Canvas is Instructor. I would like to be able to create sections within the course and add students to the sections easily. As of now, the only way I can do this is by going to people, clicking on each ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I tried using the password reset from the app but, like so many things in the app, it doesn't work.  The link you receive just takes you straight back to the "choose your institution" page and NOT to the password reset page.  A pretty amateur coding ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've seen answers to this question that have nothing to do with the question - so I am going to try asking it anew. I have a student who claims to not have known about something that I shared via the Announcements - because she has chosen to not rece...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! From my understanding, the page below (Edit Assignment Dates) can only edit assignment available/due/until dates for sections. In this page, can differentiated assignment available/due/until dates be assigned for sections when no dates have be...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way we as Admin can re-set user passwords?  Or even better, can Teachers have access to at least view, or change passwords?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyway I can have the timestamp during my exams/quizzes follow my screen as I work on questions and scroll down? I find it tedious taking a 50 question exam (for instance) and scrolling to the top of the page to see how much time I have left...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does it just go by a percentage?  Right now, I have some assignments that are worth slightly different total points.  And dropping the lowest assignment by percentage will not necessarily be the assignment that a student would choose to optimize thei...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am having trouble with annotations I've made on multiple files in a submission not saving. Most of the time only the annotations on the first file will save. Is there any way to force save annotations on the other files in speed grader? I'm mostly ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We currently use SignUp Genius for students to sign up for appointment times with instructors, but are looking to switch to Acuity Scheduler as it integrates much more seamlessly with Outlook 365.  It's much more challenging to find information on ho...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My gradebook will not load for 1 of my classes.  It will load for all the other classes.  I have tried different browsers and different internet sources.  I have restarted the program as well as the computer.  When I try to get to gradebook, all it d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a way to print student essays from Quizzes so I can hand grade them and them submit the feedback with a photo. 1. I have looked through the community posts and I do not have the download submission option in Gradebook or anywhere lik...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed Canvas added a "To do" date button on pages. Is that the day it shows up in their "To Do" section or the day it shows up on their calendar as due? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The home page of one of my courses was changed.  I went into the history to change it back.  None of the the co-instructors was listed as the person who changed it, there was just no name,  How did this happen and how do we avoid it in the future?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help so I can better help support my teachers. We are new to Canvas an most of our teachers are moving from Google Classroom. That being said, most of our teachers are using Google LTI 1.3 issues since they have built so much of their resource...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to grade a quiz.  Only the first few questions are showing up with responses, the boxes are then blank.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am trying to manually create a developer key that enables the editor button placement. When I do this, it says the following: "This placement requires Deep Link support by the vendor. Check with your tool vendor to ensure they support this func...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello community!  I am making an API call to Pages and pulling the default 10 pages no problem. However, when I try to add the "per_page=" parameter I get a 401 error in the console! What's strange is that if I copy and paste the entire API URL into ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I create a link to the whole module in the form of an image through using google slides rather than directly as a text link in pages. I am using a google slide as my homepage and trying to make it more visual for students but only seem to be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Basically, this assignment told me to sent a file and a text entry at the same time, but apparently, for canvas, you have to submit them separately. I did not know this and as I submitted the file, my text entry completely disappeared. I thought it w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you add a rubric to an assignment if students have already submitted the assignment. The assignment is an external tool (Google Slides). I would have to remove the assignment/external tool, add the rubric, and once again add the external tool. Sp...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

when I try to copy and paste the objectives from google docs for just Unit 8 onto a page within Unit 8, it changes the format.    

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I am a student. I just had a few questions about discussion post notifications. Every time my teacher posts a new discussion I am not getting a notification. And when students reply to my posts on the discussion board I don't get a no...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing broken Safari images in Safari 14.0.1, and mobile iOS (14.2) Safari? I thought we had this issue fixed from Safari 13.x and iOS 13.x. Maybe it's just me? Maybe I missed an announcement about how this is a new and known iss...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,  I'm a student, and I can't get a my profile picture on Canvas to appear as a high-quality (or even normal quality) photo. I tried uploading a couple different pictures, different file types (PNG, JPEG), doing it through different browsers (Safar...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I find documentation on formula based questions. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello:It doesn't look like I can add an attachment in the when setting up an assignment.  Am I missing something?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student dashboard: within one course, modules do not load completely. Each module represents one week. Of the current week's five modules, zero or sometimes two load. Of the two that load, after one module is completed and the user returns to Home to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I have a few students who run out of time while taking a Canvas quiz I try to go into the moderate tab to reopen it for them & give them additional time (versus making them start completely over with a new attempt). What ends up happening is tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the old RCE, it was possible to highlight text, go to Insert Pages, and then create a new page. This created a link to an empty page that didn't exist in the Pages list until you actually Saved the page. I'm not seeing the same Insert Page or Crea...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies