Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Peace!My instructional design team is looking for a course sweep paradigm for Canvas.  We are about to leave from Blackboard to Canvas and we use a set list of final checklist tasks to do before we publish a course (e.g. checking links, grades measur...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How many participants can be invited to one course at the same time?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to pull questions from existing quizzes in a course to create my final exam. I thought it was possible one time to pull questions from old quizzes (not in a question bank) into a new quiz, but can't seem to remember how.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm interested in using the list enrollments API to grab a snapshot of each student's current grade in a course.  I'd like to compare snapshots taken at periodic intervals to detect when a student's grade has changed.  The currentPoints field of ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a new rubric to use with an assignment.  However, the settings (check boxes underneath) are not available for me to choose.  I want to make sure I can add comments for each section of the rubric as well as overall comments, but the option i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had the modules for all my courses for this week, and I was trying to copy an empty one to continue preparing next week's, I have the empty one in different course, but it replaced all the of these week's modules in all my courses with the empty on...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Fabulous Community Members, Happy New Year! I have an interesting question for all of you....At Touro College, we use an internal rubric to score the quality of our online courses. This process is very manually (factory-like) and presents a var...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted an important message from my inbox and i wanted to know if there was a way i could see it again.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to do this? I know I can "view as a student" and use "test student." That is not what I'm talking about. I want to be a fake student for lack of better term.  When I use student view or test student I receive a message that I don't hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello folks. I know how to add and use rubrics from the assignment details pages. My questions is:  Is it possible to add an "add/view Rubric" item to the three-dots drop-down menu that already exists on the Main Assignments page? There are many time...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can my faculty record attendance in Canvas and have that information migrate to our SMS (Colleague)? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas documentation states the following behavior when multiple course sites are attached to an appointment group. Note: If you added an appointment group to more than one course, appointment slots only display in the calendar for the first cour...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know where the images used in questions are stored as they don't appear in the Files of the Canvas course. Thanks Rob

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have been using Canvas for a few years, but recently I needed to use the "sections" option again for the first time in a while. Creating a section has never been a problem, as it was quite straightforward once you know where to look as explained Ho...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am supposed to have a class called "US Government" with Ms.Collier, but it appears to be missing. I clicked on the "Help" tab, and normally there would be an option to talk to the canvas technicians, but It's not showing up. If Ms.Collier isn't tea...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a home page linked to the first assignment in each module. I also have many weekly assignments (ie, spelling) which requires students to submit and resubmit all week. These assignments are now missing the next button at the bottom. I teach fir...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello all!There answer may be here and I didn't see it, so my apologies, but I'm wondering if someone can assist me. I'm an instructor using Canvas -- is there a way to set notification for when I student might respond to my feedback in the gradebook...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to help my student users, TAs etc register. Is there a way to only use a username and password? If not how do I invite users who do not have email?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Prior to this new 2021 version of CANVAS, I was able to upload a Powerpoint presentation as a file with audio.  The students would open the file and view the ppt slides and listen to my comments.  With this new version,  when I upload a ppt file, it ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I wanted to try New Quizzes for one of my assignments for my class next week and I was having trouble finding that setting. I read the "How do I create an assignment using new quizzes?" article (@ctitmus) , but when I clicked the '+ Quiz' button,...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

For quite a while, we have accommodated students with "Incomplete" in a class by adding a new section within the class, adding the student to that section, and setting the section to have an extended end date that is past the default course/term end ...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I was so excited that Canvas finally created a way to edit all assignment dates on a single page, including the ability to batch edit... and then spring 2021 happened, and I discovered that the batch edit function is useless if you need to move dates...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 21 Replies

To avoid unwanted collaboration between students during an online exam, I have created different versions of the exam. I have created assignments on Canvas, and assigned students to their specific exam version. However, some students are assigned to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove assignments and quizzes from the student's To Do list and Grades links? We are in the third quarter and many students have an incredibly long list of completed and incomplete work in their To Do list and in their grades. You can't "un...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hey, hive-mind--I hope someone has an answer to this, because I'm freaking out a bit.  I had kids submit rough drafts of essays right before the holiday break; I added feedback through Canvas on them.  I then set up the rough draft so that kids would...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there There seems to be nowhere to click on my profile pic placeholder to enable me to upload my profile pic. Am I missing something?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I created a multiple answer item (classic quizzes), with two true, and one false statement(s) and when (a) selecting a subset of the correct statements but (b) selecting no incorrect statement in preview gives neither general correct ("correct_fb...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to integrate LTI 1.3 flow in one of my tool. I have gone through the documentation in Canvas Configuring LTI Advantage Tools - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation (instructure.com), but I am unable to know exactly how to start the implementation...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to contact support. I passed an exam (80%) on Monday Dec 28. On Jan 1, an additional erroneous exam score of 1% was added to this course. I did not take an additional exam. Please remove this from my account so I can obtain my certificate. The...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I include a .pdf file in the body of the assignment, will a student be able to drag and drop that file directly to the upload box? Or do they have to download the pdf and then upload it in the box? I am trying to minimize steps for my elementary s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies