Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How does the LTI1.3 work when using it to check for originality/plagiarism?  I have already added the tool but don't know how to use it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the process by which I correct an incorrect answer in a multiple choice question in New Quiz after my students have taken the exam? As has always been the case, I do an item analysis of any exam after the students have taken it, and before I ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have made new quizzes and put them in modules through assignments, but other teachers have trouble with them uploading.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This whole school over virtural has been very stressful for me because some of my teachers don't care and just grade me however when i tell them i am having problems with canvas sooo if there is anyone i can call that can help me please do reach out ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all....I currently have Canvas set up to drop the 4 lowest grades.  However, I am not able to figure out how to get PowerSchool to sync to drop the same lowest 4 grades.  Is there a way that I am overlooking?Thanks in advance for your help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am an admin and we are trying to short out one issue. We have our main iHeed account under that a sub-accounts menu, under that we have a numerous sub-accounts. From one of this sub-account another 6 sub-account. And one of these sub acc we hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who will be my Admin in CANVAS? I need or badly needed an admin? Or how I make my account to be an admin?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable Conferences in my course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a major homework for a class, it even had the confetti and it showed up as submitted. I just got a message saying I didn't submit. What's up with that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor working with a version of Canvas that has Office 365 integrated such that we can make an assignment and for the assignment's submission choose External tool - Office 365. When we do that, the student view of the assignment opens a ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I decided to allow students to have multiple attempts in a quiz. Basically, I created a multiple choice/enter value quiz. Then I allowed students to have 2 attempts. See the options I used below: Because of the change in structure of the quiz, I cre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,         I am curious if there is a setting to make quiz answers/results automatically visible to students after the close date/time. At present, we are having to manually set the quizzes as visible to students after the quiz closes. Given ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Today we noticed that the Embed tab is missing from the Upload/Record media dialog box in the new RCE.  Has anybody else experienced this? The media upload tool still shows Computer and Record tabs, but the third tab Embed is nowhere to be found.  Bu...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a Quiz but with only 1 question - an essay.  Students submitted, I graded, updated the scores and hit the Submit button.  In Gradebook all I see is the submission icon, although if I click on it I see the score I gave them. How do you make ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why are assignments with no submission showing up in the Student To Do list even though they are already graded and past due? Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm a student rep for my section of law students. You wouldn't believe how much a bunch of grown professional students love the confetti feature when we turn in work on time. So much so that we're completely deflated when we don't get confetti for...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do some files display the magnifying glass  and others the download arrow ? From what I see they are both using the same html code: <a class="instructure_file_link instructure_scribd_file" title="fs_midterm.pdf" href="/courses/68569/files/2102348...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't change percentages to points--get message "unusually high grade."  Duh!  Told students to ignore percentage designation.  I assigned 30% or 300 points for  midterm quiz, so perfect score not 300%!  Was told to click on gradebook and then whee...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting about October 11th, the calendar part of the parent app will not load any events. It looks like it corresponds to the 3.3.1 update. Please, this needs to be fixed!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to pull an access report for a given date?   I have used the "Last User Access" report but I need a report for a specific 24 hour period/day.  Example:  On Monday, I would like to know who accessed Canvas the previous Friday.  If a stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Colleagues!! I would like to find out if it is possible to create a general discussion forum and then have students placed in groups where they discuss a topic and create an artifact.  After they discuss and create the artifact post in the general...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our courses we have case logs that count as 5% of a grade. Our school grading policy is that you either get all 5% for completing all case logs or 0% if all case logs are not complete.  Currently, they are posted as 'quiz assignments' being graded...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've followed the instructions to regrade a multiple choice quiz question, but it doesn't look as though the student scores were changed at all in the Gradebook.  I also checked Gradebook history and it doesn't show the changes either. Is there anoth...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create an assignment as a teacher, and when students visit the assignment for the first time, by default the button where you have to click in order to begin the assignment says "Submit Assignment". Shouldn't it say something like "Start Assig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

SpoilerThe method for setting up rubrics is not great.  Editing it is difficult, to say the least.  I have tried to edit the rubric about 15 times to get the points to line up from 4 (highest score) to 0 (lowest score) and it never works.  This progr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does CANVAS have an integrated Audio file or Speech to text/transcript converter? If Yes, where do I find it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported a new module from my Commons account into a class and it merged with a completed module. So when I opened the assignments within the module they showed as complete. I opened some of the assignments individually and they were from another m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas gradebook is not recognizing the Google LTI assignment due dates in Speed Grader, which means I cannot sync with Synergy.  At the beginning of the quarter, it worked but not now.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After perusing the REST APIs I cannot find a way to create multiple courses via the create course POST endpoint. Is this ability something in the pipeline or not planned yet?  I am using the REST api not the graphql, fwiw. Our integration is working ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems to me that Canvas by default displays the student's final course grade based on the assignments submitted, not the overall score. For example, if I have 5 assignments worth 1 point each in a course (graded as Complete/Incomplete), the gradeb...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies