Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi Xinhui,Could you please explain a little more on what you expect in the outline of the class, if we are not able to meet face to face?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone in Tech Development addressing the glitches in speedgrader?  For example, when using the highlighter, I highlight some text, but don't leave a comment.  As soon as I click on the document again, it thrusts me down to the end of the document...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to PLEASE allow annotation of file uploads (via DocViewer) to be a feature in Quizzes?  I have seen several posts that have made this request.  If it is possible in New Quizzes, could you please show me how, as I am not seeing it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have created a assignment using the office 365 on line-submission tool.  75% of my students were able to open, edit and submit the assignment.  The other 25% of students are prompted to "Log-in"  I assume this means they need to log into Offi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the Folio integration available within Canvas Free for Teachers accounts or only paid accounts? For the paid accounts, I think I have to talk to the CSM to get that listed in my instance, but I wonder what about the Free accounts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings. I'm a university junior who uses Canvas frequently for my classes.One of my professors utilizes Canvas' analytics feature to see if we're watching pre-recorded lectures filed under Assignments; grading us based on the minutes watched.Howev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I followed instructions in the Canvas Guide to hide students' grade summaries:Clicked on Settings, Course Details, but no Advanced Options link showed up, so I cannot change what students see in the gradebook.Is this specific to my university, or am ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When students complete an Assignment from an Integration (Noteflight Learn) Canvas? automatically enters 100% percent into the Canvas Grade Book. Students are seeing 100% on an Assignment that hasn't been graded yet. I need to go into the Grade Book ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are experiencing issues with File Preview not working.  Every File that a student either attaches in an inbox or online in assignments is having to be downloaded to a teachers computer.  This is not helping when using speedgrader or saving our tea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question: I have a family where both parents have observer account for their student. However when one signs in it knocks the other user off. Is this usual and is their something I can advise these parents to do to be more successful in accessing the...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I record all of my class meetings and save them to the Zoom cloud, then post the link and password so students can revisit (for review) or visit (if they've been absent).  Is there a way to monitor/see who actually accesses these recordings?  I imagi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to keep a default feedback type in SpeedGrader?  I am grading the same assignment for 150 students, and I want to use the free draw pen tool for each student.  When I go to the next student, I have to click the pen each time before I s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When parents/observers receive email notifications, there's an embedded link that says Click to view. When parents click this, it brings them to the student login page. Is this a dead end for parents/observers?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Canvas API question :  /api/v1/courses/{id}/students/submissions  if this includes a return of Submission History , then i can see all the Attempts on a Quiz. But i am noticing that the Attempt in the Canvas application does NOT match what I am getti...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a student, how do I check ho much time I have spent on canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! What do I need to do to see the button Groups in the global navigation (for me and my students)? I created in my course 'Groups' of students. I don't see this button in the global navigation. I think with this button, my students and I can go...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone!  I am really struggling to see the value in the parent observer account for Canvas.  We will get notifications for completed homwork and subsequent grading, however it just tells me it was completed/score. Furthermore there is no easy...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I convert word document to mp3 file

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload an export. imscc. files to my sandbox course. The files are in my Google drive so I can't figure out how to move them since there isn't a dropdown to get to your google drive when importing.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi  I created a quiz that required the students to upload a pdf file.  I was able to download all student submissions as a single zip file on to my computer and grade each one of them.  Now, I would like to re-upload the files but I am unable to find...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can a student still access/complete an assignment after it has been graded incomplete? Or do I need to leave it as ungraded? I want my students to see that it is missing and that they do not have 100% in their grade, but I have had a couple of kids (...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello I am a vision impaired student, and she uses Canvas with Jaws. The accessibility options on Inbox needs improvement. To get to the message body - the user needs to tab through all messages in the inbox @ 4 tab stops per message. If there are 15...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a test in Canvas and I asked students to upload their answers with an image.  I did not create the original test with the submission type "upload file," but rather "text box."  The submissions are coming up however, the annotation toolbar i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is a great LMS in many ways, but it has this tenaciousness with regard to assignments and files after course content has been imported between two Canvas sites. I might delete an assignment from the module, but it is STILL THERE somewhere, pop...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Q: Can there be multiple owners of a course on the platform? (eg. the assignation of owner privileges to trusted and knowledgable course enrollees)? As the title explains, is there such a function on the platform? If not, will it be worth creating su...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On Friday the school switch my students and I to a new canvas page. I had 3 assignments that were ungraded in the old canvas. Is there a way to recover these grades? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I found several posts saying you can use the "HTML CLIP" feature of InoReader to add an RSS feed to Canvas page. However, when I try it says Stream not found and I can't toggle the "enable" button because it says it's only for pro users. When did thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am current PT Instructor at Cerritos, and must take a  class EDT 125 as a student. (same ID, BD)There are many problems in enrollment, and log in the course. Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I comment on anything?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have multiple video files that students have sent me using inbox. Some are opening as embedded videos and others will not download. They were recorded on Chromebooks. Is there a way to download them? Thank you for the assistance!  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies