Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've crosslisted my courses. Is there a way to use the "Moderate This Quiz" feature and  filter it by section? Right now it's showing all of my students from every class at once. I know I can select different sections/classes using "speedgrader", but...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-28-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am experiencing issues with Storyline 360 not launching on a new tab in Canvas. I have set the Storyline 360 file to "Launch player in new browser window" but it is still not doing that in Canvas. This presents an issue as I have put in an "...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally created an Ungraded Survey for my class. It should have been a Graded Survey. Some students completed the survey before I made the change to a Graded Survey. For these students, they are now seeing a partial grade (e.g. 1/5) for their ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm a Teaching Assistant added to a course on a canvas page (class with 300 students) and students have been assigned sections. Sections have been classified using the "groups" feature.  I have a twofold query:  1. When an announcement is made on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student uploaded an incorrect file.  I would like to manually change the file submission.  How do I do this?  If not possible, how do I open the assignment only for that one student?Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In Google Classroom you can assign a google doc/slide and make a copy to each student. You can then view those assignments in Google Classroom in real time. The teacher can also make individual comments on a students work in real time and see their e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Aloha - Brand new to Canvas and trying to figure out if there is a way to view an un-submitted assignment generated from Google Assignments (LTI 1.3).  In Google classroom I could flip through student work and give feedback before submission.  Not se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a parent, I mainly will look at the GRADES tab and page to see where child is at with respect to TIs, NTIs, etc. and such.  Is there a way to default so that each time I move to a different COURSE, it shows the summary information vs the detail in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is straightforward to delete an entire cloud recording from the list of cloud recordings in Canvas.  There's a box for that.  But sometimes there are multiple individual recording files under a single cloud recording entry.  Is it possible to dele...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a table on my Home page to display buttons.  They are the same size in edit mode (roughly, because they are manually resized).  When I leave edit mode, they change their sizes and look different every time I come back to the home page.   I've ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I sync my grades over to PS, the grades are showing up in the extra credit field only.When I go into PS and look at the assignment details, it shows 0 points for the assignment, however there are 100 points awarded for extra credit when a studen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas is connected to our Student Information System and students are automatically added via a feed from this system automatically.  Teachers on a course may not necessarily know that new students have been added. This can present a problem when st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Is there any way in Canvas to get an overview on a single page, showing all groups within a course (in different group sets) and students within each group? Preferably downloadable. Thanks,Kristbjörg

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have uploaded two 7.6 GB lab videos however the 17 GB video (2.5 hours) fails.Thanks in advance

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have three question banks and I want to make a quiz that will draw questions from any two question banks randomly. That is, I want to select any two banks from the three banks randomly. Is it possible?   Thank you. Khalid

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have three kids in the same district, but I can't see any way to view information for only one child at a time. I can't even see which child any one course is for. Seems like it's missing some pretty basic functionality...am I just missing somethin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas marks embedded Nearpods as submitted if students interact or inspect assignments in any way. (They can look at the assignment, not press submit, and it will mark the assignment as submitted and remove it from their Canvas dashboard To Do list....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are an Office 365 district and I would like to be able to edit the explanation paragraph on the Collaborations page to remove the references to Google Docs and replace with reference to Office 365.   Its confusing for our staff because they are us...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a new Canvas user/teacher and struggling to get a sense of which students are missing which assignments. Now that I have 15 assignments in my grade book, I can't see them all on my screen at the same time and all the scrolling back and forth is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Realistically, how are teachers meant to score these "new quizzes?"The "new" quizzes autoscores forced choice questions and then displays that score to students as if it is an actual score, even if there are unscored free response questions.  This sc...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A teacher shared her class with me, and I wanted to get myself off the class as teacher.  I ended up accidentally deleting her class.  Can I get it retrieve it?  I feel terrible to have accidentally deleted hours of her hard work.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I must have deleted several quizzes that were graded. Are they recoverable? Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

basically, i have a assignment that its a discussion board but they require a video that you make but when i hit save its not working. it doesn't do anything

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the quickest way to fix the 119 broken image links (all for the same image).Course was copied and now missing the icon from the previous course. Is there a quick way to replace all the images at 1 time?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My course has an optional synchronous discussion. I host one of the discussion posts live and those that participate get credit for the graded discussion. It still shows up as "MISSING" on their end, even though I have entered a grade (because they h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What I did: I exported a csv file from the Canvas gradebookCopied in some columns of assignments and scores from another programs csv exportSaved the csv file and imported it into CanvasFor each of the new assignments when prompted I selected "new as...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like this question has arisen in the past, but it hasn't been solved. I'm looking for some basic symbols to add to student papers in SpeedGrader (e.g. checkmark). This would indeed make grading speedier. I have a lot more papers left to grad...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a class of 1000 students and 20 students are taking a quiz on let us say Day 1 while 980 students will take a different test on Day 2  I would like to know how I can enter the word "Excused" for the 980 students in the gradebook column when th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello,I am trying to understand if Canvas can auto submit a quiz (that is in progress) just because the test taker has an unstable internet connection. Say the duration of the quiz is 60 minutes. The submission details of a particular student records...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies