Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are seeing some interesting issues happen with Kami and our blueprint courses.  When a Kami assignment is made in the blueprint course and synced to the student course, the teacher must open the Kami assignment themselves in order for the students...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I am hoping that someone can help me. Currently I am creating a page for each day (I'm an elementary school teacher). On the page are course links to all of the assignments for that day. I organize and label my assignments by the week...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I weight assignments by the number of total points available. (For example an exam worth 100 points automatically has twice the weight as a homework assignment worth 50 points.) I then enter grades and points earned and I encourage my students to foc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using SpeedGrader, everything thing works fine until I get to the last grade to submit and then it will not let me submit the grade. I get a red box on the top of my browser that says, "Error occurred updating this assignment." I have tried goin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to share SCORM files in a Consortium?  I setup a Consortium, invited my colleagues in other Canvas instances to join it and then shared Courses with them. After doing so:They reported issues accessing the files - so I asked them to ena...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach Spanish.  My quizzes/tests  have several different sections which need special directions for each section.  I only see a space for general directions in the initial set up for the quiz/test.  Can anyone help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here is the scenario I have.  For each assignment I create, I have a grading rubric.  The grading rubric is derived from outcomes.  However, on a specific assignment, the weighting of each outcome changes.  SO, for example, on one assignment, the an ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I invited my students, I invited them via email. It now shows their name as their email address and unsure how to change that. Mine also shows my name as my email address. Any ideas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some assignments are not showing up in the grade book even though the student has submitted the assignment. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help! I've recently been given Admin permissions in Canvas and asked by my District administrator to find a report in Canvas that we can run for each student in each building in our District. The report needs to show the following information for eac...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our district has the GPB with Infinite Campus running and it's going well with the exception of not knowing what the error codes that teachers get on certain assignments. For example, the teacher gets this message after syncing: ASSIGNMENT_SCORES_EXP...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is the Confetti for on-time submissions screen reader accessible (ada compliant)?  I am not able to find any information specifically about accessibility of the confetti features for either on-time submissions and/or link checking. Thanks, Ed  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see all student grades after they are graded with speed grader? All it shows it that I have graded using speed grader, and their grades are there when I am actually in speed grader, but I would like to see everyone's grades together...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The old problem of the gradebook not sorting correctly has returned.We're seeing that when you sort by due date, it seems Canvas is looking at the string value rather than the date itself. For instance, a due date of 10/1 is sorted behind 9/30 when s...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-07-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello,I am supposed to take part in Dutch level 2 online course which takes place now, but I did not get any link to the zoom meeting room.Any help appreciated Thanks Itai Add tags

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am supposed to take part in Dutch level 2 online course which takes place now, but I did not get any link to the zoom meeting room.Any help appreciated Thanks Itai

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've entered scoring criteria for short answers ("essays" question ) in the New Quiz format under "Grading Notes". How do I or other teachers I've shared the bank with view the Grading Notes?It does not appear in Speed Grader. I want to be able to co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Title. I have deleted irrelevant images, and my students can see only locks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know why embedded Google slides do not appear on a page when accessed through the Canvas student app using an iPad, but they do show up when accessing Canvas through a browser (namely Google Chrome)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My grades are incorrect on Canvas. I know that my students highest average should be in the 90s, not 70s. I am unsure why the gradebook is off. All assignments are usually worth 10 points, with Mastery assignments worth 60% and Participation/Homework...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor. I assigned peer reviews, and insisted that students use the rubric. Now, when students go to look at their feedback, they're seeing blank rubrics. I can see the feedback, but they can't. This student shared a screenshot of what he...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to run a daily report of which students did not log in at all. Is that possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

a teacher is attempting to copy a assignment to another course and when selecting the course to copy to all her courses are showing up except 1. Any help would be great

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have synced my grades correctly.  I have went through all the steps.  The first time I synced my grades they all synced.  As I add new assignments and canvas and I am putting them under the categories that I created in powerschool and it show that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like a lot of the functionality of quizzes, but the fact that you can not set up bonus questions beyond going in manually student by student is ridiculous. For this reason more than any other, I miss the old platform we used to use. Canvas has thou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our math teachers are looking for a tool that will allow them to have students input data into a data table OR we give them a data table and then they go through to necessary steps to turn it into a graph from the data.  We currently do all of this i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am using Quercus for my university coursework and up until today I have had no issues uploading files and submitting them. Today, however, I went to upload a file to submit it to an assignment and received this message: "Submit failed, please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to add someone to my course in the "teacher" role. He told me he has another Free For Teacher account, but I want to add him to my course. When I try to enroll him I get an "internal error" message. I tried also adding him in the student r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a couple of students who need to take a different version of an exam.  Is there a way to hide the original exam they (and the class) took from them without hiding it from the rest of the class.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to find out if there is a way to create a quiz from other quizzes that have already taken place on the course this semester.I think I can take the existing course quizzes and make them Quiz Banks, if so -- then getting questions in a new...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies