Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I teach computer courses at the high school level. I need to be able to create a quiz whereas students are given items and they have to place them into certain groups. For example, I'd like a quiz where students will see terms like mouse, keyboard, s...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have duplicate assignment groups in my gradebook. I was able to delete a few of them by going to Assignments and deleting groups there, but I still have 2 extra TEST columns that are NOT listed in Assignments. There is no way to access them. Any wa...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using the copy to feature, is it possible to only have published courses visible? Yesterday, the feature went from having only this year's courses to every course I have ever had assigned to me (there are like 25).

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My son has an account for canvas through school. For the last three days, he logs into Canvas from his Chromebook and joins his Zoom meeting through the link the teacher provides. At random times, the screen goes blank and takes him to the computer l...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Every time I open Canvas and go to the Calendar, all my classes are hidden and I have to re-enable them. Every time, without fail. This wasn't happening 2 weeks ago. Minor inconvenience, but incredibly annoying, is there a way to fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you shift assignment dates backward in bulk. I know how to shift it forward.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I make my assignments in my dummy class, and then import those assignments to my first period.  I fine-tune it in my first-period class and then I copy it out to my other classes.  In each class, I have set up in the assignments a section for the uni...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There's doesn't seem to be any documentation or guides to read about this. The one article here that covers the integration is giving me a permission error, so I can't see it: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Colder-Storage/Use-a-CRM-like-SalesForc...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If a student misses a graded quiz, I would like to let them view this quiz afterwards, but not be able to take it for grade.  But, when I check the box allowing students to see the correct answers, this only applies to students who have taken the qui...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In crafting my pages today, I noticed some things I had created using the inline "position: fixed" rule are being overwritten on save to "position: relative". Even trying to bypass this issue through a css rule has the editor adding "position: relati...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I have made assignments and graded them in speedgrader they are not showing up in my gradebook. It is getting extremely frustrating. I finally found a youtube video from 2016 that says they have to have a due date that is already passed to show ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once canvas course is published collaborations feature muted/unpublished, how can it be added? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking for where to post this idea or find out if it's already out there. This is needed. Grades and Course Activity are not sufficient. People is perfect for what I need. Unfortunately, that page does not copy/paste to Excel well at all. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I completed the English Lab, but it didn't check off as completed.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is an strange thing I haven't run across before. I am starting a new semester in canvas, and I notice that my "to do" list as an instructor includes grading a couple of random assignments from a course I taught last semester and is presumably co...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone figured out how to make the new RCE display audio files like the old RCE? We noticed they are putting them in an iframe in the new RCE.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was doing some work and my computer shut down. Any chance the auto recover works for shut downs? Senyo

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have an "ordering" quiz question be graded by line? Example, if I have 7 items to placed in a specific order of 1-7, but do NOT want it to be all or nothing? If the student mixes up the order of two, (flips lines 3 & 4) the quiz on ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As far as I can tell, the new Rich Content Editor we are now forced to use doesn't provide any way to navigate folders of Canvas files. The only option is to filter by type and sort alphabetically or by date. For me, I've got folders with images all ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the pixel size for a Course Tile?   I'm working with teachers to design their courses and this question keeps coming up.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each time I want to open a google doc, I am asked to "authorize" it, even if I have just authorized it within the previous minute. Is there any way to fix this?  Thanks!

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have found an EXSISTING number of Hidden courses? there's an existing course 666 and course 404 and 505 what are these courses I don't have access but what are they and who are they for. If you have any info please let me know

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an elementary school teacher. Where do I get information on data privacy in Canvas (used for K-12 settings)? How is personal data stored (grades, student email addresses, etc.)? Is there are area that addresses data policies?  Thank you. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We had our first Canvas class that's integrated with WebEx Training Center.  We had a large class of 20 students.  5 of the users the name didn't propogate into WebEx. All five names had the label $Person.email.primary.  The other 15 users worked at ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are seeing multiple occurrences in multiple courses, only since the start back in January.  We use the Blueprint model for all our courses.  They are the master course that gets copied over for each faculty to use who has the ability to edit as ne...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I relatively new to Canvas and I could do with some guidance. In a course with one assignment, which is set for anonymous grading, and one assignment group on the assignment page, when I mark student submissions in SpeedGrader they are anonymous a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't see any preferences to change from the default term in my self-hosted instance of Canvas (Bitnami/AWS). Help!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a question group for randomized quiz questions that should pick 30 questions from test bank questions that I added in the details. There are 174 questions. However, after saving the quiz, this message appeared: "This question group is set t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why is the default size for text in Canvas at 20PX, and for other Canvas accounts at the same institution it's 12PT? For those who have the default at 20PX, when they try to edit existing text, there are no options for PX, it reverts to PT sizes? 20 ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I think this MIGHT be a work around to a problem I am having.  I have unit quizzes the students take for practice (no credit) BUT I want them to look/feel/function just like the for credit quizzes (exams) in terms of all of the settings.  Making them...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies