Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

So what do some of the symbols mean whenever someone completes an assignment for example what does the symbol that looks like 3 links of a chain mean?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Crear código de acceso a estudiantes?o código para estudiante?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is it possible to set minimum score in a quiz or an assignment? If yes. How does it work? Best regards,Kristbjörg  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been a problem now for several weeks and it's gotten frustrating enough that I'm finally posting. The situation is this: I create a quiz.I set up multiple due dates to handle a few students' situations, and then set the due date and time for...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would be useful to have a checklist to toggle on/off assignment groups displayed in gradebook. Right now seems to be all, or just one at a time. For example, display "projects" and "in-class activities" but not "archived". Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Colleagues, I use R and Python to make many versions of similar questions, especially for STEM-oriented courses.  Essentially, in a quiz, each question is a question group that pulls from a specific testbank carefully crafted with hundreds of version...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm working on getting our Zoom integration into our Canvas instance (Yes, I'm the admin in Zoom and Canvas). I've followed https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/lti-pro-v2/guides/canvas as a main guide to the integration. I've figured out a few mist...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any ideas on why one section would randomly not sync to power school when it is syncing for all other classes?  It says sync is successful each time and it hasn't been a problem up until now.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to display this page https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/tkb-p/canvas-release in an iframe (<p><iframe style="overflow: hidden;" src="https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/tkb-p/canvas-release" width="100%" height="3600"></if...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have a teacher using New Quizzes to create a multiple choice quiz where the number of points given for each question varies by the question response, as described here:https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-Multip...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a colleague enrolled as observer to my course on Canvas, but he's not able to see the Media Gallery link (which the students have no problem accessing it). Is there an option to enable the Media Gallery depending on the role? Or observers simp...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to use an external writing tablet to input math work into the rich content editor?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had to submit an updated version of a paper. But when I submitted the new paper the old paper with commentss from my instructor  disappeared. Is it possible to find the old version of the paper with the feedback somewhere? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I leave individual comments for each student submission but would like to have a set "comment" for all missing work where students will receive a 0.For example, when I have missing work automatically set to be given the score of 0 I would like to be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For some of my discussion posts, I make instagram stories and save the entire story as a video, then upload it to canvas discussions for a fun little video on specific topics. However, I have found that even though it is playable and viewable for me ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning! I am trying to work with New Quiz Assignments and have a lot of trouble between editing settings in the quiz, or in the assignment. During this time of our marking period, I'm spending the bulk of my time either reopening an assignment ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all! I am an instructor trying to grade entries from multiple groups in speedgrader, but it won't let me move from one group to another. It says that it couldn't find anyone in that group. Can anyone help? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why am I here? If I were to set up this course for my students, I will have ZERO retention. I can promise you that.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to create a correct answer for essay questions that WILL NOT be visible until the correct answers are posted? If you put it in the "general feedback" it is visible to students immediately upon submitting their quiz which means they n...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have activated the new Assignment Enhancements option. This is great for those classes where multiple files are expected to be submitted and a student can only get one of them done today. They can upload another later on without submitting the ass...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  I have 3 great quizzes in my course that are not linked to question banks.  I would like to combine the 3 into a question bank OR one test for the mid term.Is there a way I can copy the content from these 3 quizzes into one test?Thanks in advanc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I long ago used Canvas as an open source to develop a course. It still exists. Now I want to. potentially use it and I want to be able to show it to the powers that be at a college so they can assess it. Is there a way to do this without sharing m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From what I read, it seems that on paper submissions as well as No Submissions remain on students to do lists even after a grade is entered.  I am still wondering if there is a way to avoid students having a On Paper assignment in their to do list pe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A parent is asking why some of their child's class have in progress  in orange under the title of the classbut others do not. What does in progress mean?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have a teacher who has her students share their Canvas/Drive folder with her, so she can see their work in progress--when they shared the folder, she created a shortcut in her Drive and renamed the folder for better identification. But now i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've spent a lot of time looking through the Mastery Paths questions and responses and still haven't solved some of my issues. So I went back to this Guide on How to use MP  and am wondering if some of the issues I'm encountering are a result of thes...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloI am new to Canvas this year but I am learning so many great things.  I am wondering if this flow chart is too much for Canvas?What I want to be able to do is to give remediation, the same remediation, if a student does not do well on the applic...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I write a formula question where a random number is chosen from a range, and then based on that number a second number/symbol (maybe from a lookup table) is generated? Thinking of a random atomic number, that when chosen also returns the atomi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my class, I use the assignments function for both homework and shorter tasks, as well as hand-ins, tests and bigger submissions. It is only this latter category I want to have in my (and the students') overview, as these  "count" more directly on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

a few students told me they submitted their assignments as MP4's on Canvas but I wasn't able to view it or find it. How can a student submit an mp4 through Canvas and how can I view it? -Charles Gray

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies