Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

In the old quiz form, I could give extra attempt per student (see picture below). Can this be done on the new quizzes? Thank you in advance!    

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey there, Is there a place to add notes (for yourself, as an instructor), in a student profile? For example, if a student goes by a different name than shows up in Canvas, or a phonetic spelling for myself. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Having issues with the "Assignments" page. I have assignments that exist in Canvas, but they are not showing up on the assignment page. I'm at a loss. I can't delete things that I want to delete because they don't appear in the assigment index. But w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an Observer and I constantly get "Assignment Created" notifications.  I would like to change this to a Daily Summary, but I can't find a category for this.  It seems like it should be under "Course Activities," but the only subcategories I have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone experienced notifications with images of someone other than the person sending them?    

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does "not available" mean under Grader in Canvas Gradebook History?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I organize the info in All Courses, especially Past Enrollments?   Can I delete or hide some?  Can I create folders?   I've tried to search the guides, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an instructor go back into canvas after a student has successfully submitted their work and adjust the exam settings, responses, and questions? What causes a student to resubmit their work after it was submitted successfully the first-time throug...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So it looks like Canvas did an update.  Now I am missing my sidebar that was on the right side of my screen that contained my: Modules, class files, uploaded images, etc. So the million $ question is where do I find that stuff now and how do I get it...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The "Copy to" option on assignments used to show courses in the current term only. Sometime recently, that switched to showing all courses, including past terms. That means instructors now need to search for courses instead of being able to pick from...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had an issue where a student submitted a Google doc link to a Canvas assignment - then when they were doing peer edits (separately), she needed to share the file with another student. Google was telling her that she was no longer the owner of the d...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student who is trying to update her notifications and has run into a strange issue. When she clicks on both the course notification option and the account notification option, the page is blank. there is no notification list showing up for h...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just discovered that there the "current course grade" in Analytics doesn't match up with the total grade as it appears on Gradebook. I also noticed that a student who was added to the class after the start date is missing from Analytics even if the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I am brand new to the Canvas API, and Oauth2.  What I want to do is a batch process to create and/or update the notes column on a course.  So I am hoping I can just get a Developer Key and include in my Authorization Header as Bearer Token or s...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I have been using the canvas app on my ipad and grading assignments using the ipad and apple pencil.  I can see all my comments and hit done but when my students look at the graded assignment some of the comments are half there or missing. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My canvas Calendar isnt working as it has in past semesters, it is not allowing me to make an assignment in my calendar that is assigned to a specify class. It is only giving me an event option and that option is not fully working? Can someone help? ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use WAMAP for homework and have it integrated in Canvas. It is set up so that I can set the due dates in Canvas and they are automatically updated in WAMAP. Students only access WAMAP through Canvas. This all works great!  There is one issue - late...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HI all.  I have added buttons (HTML) on the bottom of pages for navigating to previous and next pages.  Is there a way to turn OFF the automatic Previous and Next Global buttons from Module to Module? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we add a teacher to a course in Colleague, the enrollment is reflected in Canvas.  If we replace the original teacher, in Colleague, the enrollment in Canvas only adds the new teacher and does not remove the instructor who is no longer assigned ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We develop online courses for higher education in The Netherlands. For this purpose we now want to use the Canvas Developer Sandbox Program. Would the items below be possible with a Canvas Sandbox Program if we would use it to develop courses for sch...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I rather like MOST of the new RCE editor, but. . . The indent icon indicates it will indent the first line only. I want to indent a whole paragraph, and often need to indent the paragraph below as I design pages with rich content in them. How about a...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Using old editor - youtube video would display on canvas page (boxed out), now with new editor only link displays. How do I get the entire video to display for both teacher page and student page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit questions within question groups in a quiz that was migrated to new quizzes?   I did not use question banks in the original classic quiz.  Instead I setup question groups.  But after migrating and assigning, I have found mistakes, inclu...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to build an app that automatically tests user marks and sends emails for some users based on their marks. For that, I need to use the Web Hooks Subscriptions API and as stated in that document I have to use the JWT authentication. For that...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I went to join my zoom call for my 8am class and as soon as canvas loaded I realized that all of my courses are missing. The SI courses which are tutoring linked to these classes are the only ones that remain. Please help. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a limit to the number of characters a student can type in a discussion post? Can the teacher set a limit?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working on a finance/accounting course, lots of tables. I want to have borders on the bottoms of the rows only (so, only have horizontal lines). But I can't change the overall subaccount CSS because rules. Is there a way to only add bottom border...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been experiencing odd behavior from Canvas creating quizzes. In a recent 33 question quiz of numeric type questions, I have noted that Canvas will randomly change a number of the questions back to multiple choice type questions.  When edits ar...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies