Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hey, everyone! We just did the iOS update on the iPad to 14.0.1 and after that, all of the .PNG images in the Canvas iPad Student App no longer load. Has anyone else seen this issue? They load fine in Safari, Chrome, etc... it's only in the Canvas Ap...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! We are struggling to find the best way to monitor student attendance for remote learning.   If they miss the Zoom instruction, a student an be marked "present" if they are on canvas and attempting an assignment during the day .  Is there a way...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am traveling to Inia and I want to make sure if I will be able to access the lockdown browser there to give some of my exams.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Que debo hacer? Soy instructor, Teacher

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am an instructor.  In my course, there are a couple Canvas quizzes where students have reported that Canvas changes the numeric answer they submit.  This issue only occurs for decimal answers.   Example:  A student enters 4.92.  It automaticall...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why are my Canvas buttons on the left main page (not in a course) containing: account, dashboard, courses, calendar, inbox, commons grey and sometimes they are yellow?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been utilizing the matching question feature in Canvas.  A student today brought it to my attention that the questions were either marked all right- or- all wrong.  Since when has the partial credit feature not been working?   It seems like it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Very weird - only 1  assignment is not syncing to power teacher pro.  have the category correct  (imported from PS) and the box is checked (to sync to grading system). All other assignments are syncing fine. Any clue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a Canvas Quiz and assigned it to multiple students in multiple classes. They took the quiz and I am using SpeedGrader to score them. Before I began, I set scores to post Manually, and as I began grading, the column heading for the quiz indicat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to make a series of assignments in which my students will produce a short piece of writing, then go back and edit it several times. Is there any way to have students create a google doc that will automatically embed into several differen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to find the easiest way to do this AND have it crystal-clear for students. If I attach a file to a specific assignment in SpeedGrader, where does the student look to find and read my attachment? Up to now, I've been emailing the attachment...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is an odd bug in the way excel graphs interact with the speed grader.  Students have an assignment where they are to graph data in excel, fit a trendline, and include the equation of the line on their graph.  For several students, when they cop...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I and my 2nd grade daughter are extremely frustrated with the difficulty in being able to open and view assignments.  Our teachers are listing their assignments in each class under modules instead of the assignment tabs, so when we go to courses tab ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to get a total number of responses that a student has made to discussion posts (non-graded)? I have given discussion questions as exit tickets throughout the quarter, and I simply want a number of times a student has responded without ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was able to sync two of my classes but for some reason my third class will not sync.  Any idea why?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I want to randomly assign participants to a breakout room, it does not allow me to do so. Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to make it work. Needing to manually assign my participants to breakout rooms takes so much time (large gr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have assignments that require students to upload multiple items. Can students view multiple submissions for a peer when completing a peer review?If not, then can an instructor delete a student submission so the correct item show for the student con...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am an instructor and have 74 questions on my next quiz. Is there a way I can make the test out of 150 points and calculate the point values that way? I want all questions to be equal points. Best,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use my iPad gen7 and the iOS canvas app. My app and my iPad are up to date. I can see my dashboard and I can pull up classes, but when I click on certain tabs like “modules” or “syllabus” I am left with a blank page. I don’t have this problem with ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't you use math type in the matching questions?  Also, why can't you set up the matching questions to give partial credit?     Will the math type ever expand to cover upper level mathematics like integrals, piecewise functions, limits, etc? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to access one report that shows the User Access Reports for all students in a course?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I noticed that most of the trainers for Canvas are high school teachers or teach at the college level. I find it hard to relate to the content and the trainers are not aligned to the needs of k-3 grade teachers. Are there any trainings specifically f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am an instructor and I found that Canvas's calculation is different from my expectation for late submission penalty: Scenario: For a 10-point assignment, there will be a 10% deduction for submission 1 day after the deadline. A student submit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to take a picture while submitting an assignment directly from Canvas.  I have seen videos that its possible through the app.  Is there an option when selecting a file to upload that it access the laptop camera to take a quick snapshot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

what are the limitations of an user generated Access token? if a student gets a teacher to share a token with them what access could they have ?   Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I need to check the quiz log of several students who say they kept getting kicked off a Canvas quiz during a remote exam this week. I want to verify this is true and figure out how much time to give them to complete the questions they didn't g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  I have a faculty who would like, instead of ignoring scores for each student in an assignment group, would like to retain the highest scores in an assignment group.  Is there an option or a work-around for this?Thanks,Nancy Webb

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if any other students are having this problem, but I cannot submit an important assignment because an error message keeps popping up every time I try. This error did not show up before, because I was able to see and download the document my ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do Assignment Group titles show up in the grade book? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies