Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I receive a notification that my child's work has been graded, but when I click on it all I see is the questions, but not his answers.Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, When setting up a test in canvas I neglected to have it scored as a percentage. It presently is compl/incomplete. I was able to change the settings for future testers, but I can't change the students scores who had already taken the test. When...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The student view of the Learning Mastery Gradebook does not wrap text.  Instead it just cuts off if a line is too long.  The result is that my students cannot see their overall score on an individual outcome.  Can we please fix this so students can s...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If we add captions to (or edit captions in) a Kaltura video in our (instructor's) "My Media" *after* having already published it and distributed it to Pages in Modules for viewing in multiple Canvas classes, what happens?  Will the updated captions a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Buenas noches. Necesito marcar como favorito un banco de preguntas de un curso que ya terminó para el nuevo bloque del mismo curso que estoy dando y otro que daré, para poder reutilizarlo, pero no me deja. Favor de indicarme que puedo hacer.Al parece...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi guys. i've seen this problem around on forums but noone seems to have an answer that works. when my son logs in to canvas using chrome he gets this weird white page with some really big icons on it and a text menu, but nothing works. However when ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I often make Google Spreadsheets with math questions. Using conditional formatting, a maze or picture appears based on their correct answers. They like the immediate feedback. In Google Classroom, I liked being able to quickly glance through, knowing...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recorded an audio file as part of a Canvas page. After I recorded it, I realized I would need to post a transcript and would like to download the file into a utility which will automatically generate a transcript. Some have indicated that a right-c...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Last night, I had a student email me a video asking if I was 'messing with the grade book.' They said they had 93.72% in my class and every missing assignment had been given full credit even though they were marked missing. In my grade book, this stu...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We created an LTI provider that renders the Canvas Course modules (Quizzes, Assignments, etc.) to PDF. There seems to be a compatibility problem with the rendered SVG images from Math Equations from the Rich HTML Editor. What we do: Fetch the Course ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

case number 06740278Support was very helpful, but can the developers work their magic so that I can use the Annotation tool in Speedgrader while the Peer Review function is turned off?  I'd like to be able to have both of these features available. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is it? Why is there a link to it on my home page?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

This is a very basic thing. A student should be able to see a view with *all* outstanding assignments, meaning assignments that are past due (or soon to be past due), across *all* classes such that there is not submission made yet.  This should not h...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have rubrics for a welding course where the main objective is to train welders how to become proficient with physically welding such things as steel beams for bridges or pipes in a nuclear power house. The only document needed for this so...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a college student. I wanted to know if Canvas can be used outside of the USA, such as in another country (Pakistan).Please let me knowThank you 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just gave a quiz, and wanted File Upload of PDF responses.  All of my students have supposedly submitted, but for almost all of them, there is no file for me to view, nothing to download, nothing to open.  See below, this student is marked as "Subm...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assigned a practice quiz and it's being graded, but the speedgrader tool is not showing up so I can give students feedback. Is this because it's a practice quiz? How can I make the change now since students are already working on the practice quiz?...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We will be moving our faculty from Box to 0365. I'm concerned about broken links in Canvas among other issues that we will be facing.Has anyone else gone through this process? If so, I'd love to hear what to expect.Thank you so much! Leona

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello All, I'm trying to find out the best way to add a unique SIS ID to all our users? All probably need to perform this task weekly and looking for best way possible on performing this task going forward and well taking care of our current users. T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,My district hasn't purchased Canvas, so I'm using a free teacher account.  I was able to merge my curriculum cassette into my Canvas to help deliver the course to my students, but have no idea where to find the course code to give to my student...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to embed a fillable PDF document for students to submit in canvas? I realize that you can put one in with a downloadable link and even embed it. However that changes the behavior of the PDF file. If this is possible, How?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Support, I’m hoping someone can help us figure out what CANVAS setting is preventing an External Tool from being listed for all courses when it is set to PUBLIC. The Canvas Admin also doesn’t see the Configure option when clicking the drop down...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who says students are getting multiple copies of the same assignments.  Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

SpeedGrader is jumping around. We have cleared browser cache and updated the browser and we are using Chrome. Is there anything else that may fix this?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a quiz in Canvas and attached a rubric. But when I'm grading the quizzes, although I can use and click on the rubric, students can't see the graded rubric. Also, it won't let me input a grade into the rubric, and this quiz doesn't show up unde...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sorry but this may be more of a vent!  Our district finally made the decision to purchase an LMS.  We had several meetings to decide which would be best for the district.  Many teachers used Blackboard and begged for them to just purchase that.  Howe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher that is assigning a quiz to an entire section. However, 1 student will not be taking it until a later date. We don't want that single student to have access to the quiz at all (she's afraid of the student getting in, taking pictures,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies