Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,  I am new to Canvas.  I'm trying to have the status of each assignment show in the gradebook, but it is not doing anything.  I selected the colors (red for missing assignment) in the Status, but all of the missing assignments are still white with...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Mac laptop I can view previews no problem and I am using the Google Chrome browser. However, when I doing my assignments on my desktop PC also Google Chrome and I logged into Canvas I am unable to see the previews at all and it is just a blank ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas, Community I have a bug problem with discussions.  I feel that Canvas has not made them as useful to grade as they should.  When a student posts, it immediately notifies the instructor that a post was made; however, if we choose to grade ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Canvas for my art classes. However, it is a lot easier to submit pictures with an iPad than it is with the MacBook Pro. Students can access their camera within Canvas and take a picture if they are on an iPad within a text box. If they are...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Team Canvas. I want to know if there's a way to generate attendance related E-mail reminders (manually or automatically) to students who were absent or tardy. I know that students get notification alerts for their attendance, but I want to send t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Syncing my grades between Canvas and Focus is causing duplicates. I create the same assignment in Canvas and Focus, score it in Canvas, press "sync grades to Focus," and then my assignment is graded, but as the screenshot shows there are also severa...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignments are not showing up in my Grade book.  Here are all the things I have tried. 1.  Make sure the assignment is published. (Green check mark cloud thingy)2.  Make sure the module is published. (Green check mark cloud thingy)3.  Given a due...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to post modified assignments on canvas to just my special ed students. I don't want my students singled out by clicking a different assignment than everyone else. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an assignment and published it for students with points to encourage them to complete the work. Students have submitted work through the LTI but  I would now like to change it from points to Not Graded but it will not let me save.  What am ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an LTI working. It is written as a java spring app with https. I can successfully access the course information using the request object and call the CANVAS API and return course information. I am trying to include in my launch jsp file jquery...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone,I activated the new quizzes option but it doesn't seem to work. I am currently on a test platform, maybe it affects it somehow?Thank you all!

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have created some assignments with no due dates--and prefer to keep them that way--but they do not appear in the gradebook. Is it possible to remedy this? Thanks for your help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I open a quiz AFTER it has been completed for students to view their responses and correct responses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an instance of Canvas installed on a third-party hosting site. We've gotten a request to install Google Assignments for use in courses. We were sent this link with install instructions: https://support.google.com/edu/assignments/answer/906914...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a Test Student to a class?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My other courses show up. One does not. because of this i cant copy materials from another teacher. I dont think I could have messed with the permissions as I have no admin tab. The course is published as Ive been using it. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

delete option disappears for synched assignments.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When a student misses the deadline for a quiz, does Canvas consider the "1 Attempt" used, such that I need to edit that student's participation with "2 Attempts"?  Or do I just need to manually unlock the quiz so the student can used the unused "1 At...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all I currently create SCORMs using Storyline to deliver the content of a unit. For reporting purposes, I need to be able to see when a student starts reading the SCORM at the beginning of the module. This then gives me a start date for the studen...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As I was taking a math quiz, the (correct) answer for one question was 0.  When I moved on, however, it showed the question as unanswered.  It seems like it is unable to distinguish between a null value and a 0.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, there!   My grades in Canvas are not syncing correctly in Skyward.   Specifically, when I go back to change a grade (one at a time) for an assignment I've already graded (for a missing/late assignment) and click "sync", the grades don't sync in S...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to remove who use to be my step son from my canvas and leave my other 2 kids on it. How can i do this. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an embedded powerpoint as an assignment for my students that functions as their interactive notebook for the course.  If I make changes to the version I see in Canvas are those changes reflected on the student copies?  Are they reflected only ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Step 5 states "Login to the app through Google." Does that mean that the parents are required to create a Google account? We, too, use Google authentication for students/staff. Our parents who are using the Parent App are now being presented with a G...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our schools are setup in Canvas under a higher state-level entity. Therefore, we share an instance of Canvas along with several other schools across our state. This state-level entity gave our group "Sub Account" access in order to manage the manual ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am new to LTI development and I am currently trying to get my first "Hello World" on LTI 1.3, but I have encountered some difficulties. I have integrated a test application that I found on github to make sure I understand the configuration p...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Sometimes I screw up on a fill in the blank key, or I need to add a correct answer after students start taking the quiz. I can't find a way to get the changes to apply to a quiz in progress, or to regrade after the students have all submitted, withou...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to sync a quiz grades into skyward. The grade has already been synced before, but there are a few updated scores.  I am trying to resync the grades so that the updated scored show in skyward. I keep getting this WARNING message. What dies...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to edit/hide navigation items like you can for the Course Navigation in Settings?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I integrated a Flipgrid assignment through Canvas. Multiple students have submitted responses, but I only see a few through Speedgrader. After reading other posts on the forum, I checked Flipgrid as well because sometimes the videos only show up ther...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies