Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When we try to keep long passage content which is more than 16.5 KB in question XML (i.e., content XML) then Canvas is not showing the passage content to user. Simply it's showing the following error message: "The imported question text for this ques...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello there,If a conference has been concluded why can't a student see it.  Do they need to attend the conference?  If they don't accept an invite should they have access?  If they did accept the invite, should they see the conference if didn't atten...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Google Chrome browser and quite frankly at this point this has been very inconvenient that I have to download each and every file that my professors upload? Can someone please assist me? I have updated Google Chrome to the latest version a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As the title says, every time I want to watch a lecture video that my teacher wants me to watch, I have to request to watch it. Any tips?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm an instructor, and I want to be able to tell my students to sync their Canvas calendar with their Outlook calendar so that they'll only have to use one calendar. I tried syncing my own, to see how it works, and I'm running into a problem.The bigg...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I remove an assignment out of the to-do list in the Canvas Teacher app? I was added as a teacher in an orchestra class,  but I do not grade or take attendance and would like the roll call attendance removed off of my list. Is that possible?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to figure out a way to add extra credit to a specific weighted grade. I have reading quizzes weighted a 22.5% total (averaging out the grades of 15 or so quizzes). I had students take a quick survey on an upcoming midterm issue and told th...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For my course, I have defined the outcomes that will be assessed in a given course.  I would like to import these items into my rubric for grading the individual assignments.  However, the points that are defined in the course outcome do not align wi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am migrating a paper-based test at the moment (and I bet I'm not the only one!) and we have a type of question where there is a blank table with two columns and 4 rows. The table should have blanks for all 8 table cells, but I am not necessarily ex...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to make this division within the module that is in this picture in the Forum.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently bought an iPad which has iOS 14 and the pictures are not being displayed on the Canvas app. However my Galaxy tab is able to display the same images. Can someone please advise on the issue. Screenshot attached, thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have been trying to create a button and link it to a google doc. I created the button, but when I click on it, it will not go to my information page. I am an elementary teacher and need to have a course set up for my students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an incoming student that speaks only Thai, and I'd like to be able to set him up so that his default language in Canvas is Thai. I have admin rights, so I can easily act as him and set his language for him, but I can't tell if that's an optio...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up study groups for my classes, to work together in the course, on papers and on the final eventually. They are randomly assigned to groups of 4s and 5s. All fine. However: 1. I do not want to be notified every time they communicate in Can...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to find when students are clicking on links in Canvas?For example, the current analytics page only tells me how many times a student has accessed a resource, and when the last access was.What if a student accesses the link 3 times, and...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add university student services global links in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to use the formula question to make nested parentheses that are performing different functions on the variable?Specifically, I would like a formula question to perform the following operation:-log(0.0047*sqrt(x))  I keep getting an une...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created two learning outcomes and associated each one with a separate quiz bank.  I then built one quiz from these two banks.  When I click on the outcome, it shows that it is associated with the appropriate bank, but now that I have given the...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to have multiple Learning Outcomes associated with and report from one Quiz. I started by creating a Test Bank for each Learning Outcome, adding questions, and associated each bank with the appropriate Learning Outcome. I tested it out wit...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Canvas admin/technologist, I found this Canvas step by step, that briefly defines the choices for an answer key for New Quizzes fill in the blanks, but noticed it misses a full example where first-time users could visualize the differences among...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm using Canvas for peer review for the first time and dismayed to see how few options it allows instructors for organizing this activity. I just spent 30 minutes assigning two sections (of 14 students each) peer review groups. In a live classroom t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to change my Display name but when I go into settings it is only letting me change the time zone and language. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under quiz statistics>Question Breakdown, CANVAS displays a "Discrimination Index" value. But in the Item Analysis output for a given question, that number is actually the "Points Biserial" value and, as far as I can tell, the actual Discrimination I...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The Google LTI 1.3 integration with Canvas is awesome for those of us who previously used Google Classroom, however, I can't get different Rubric add ons to work when I want to grade an assignment and it won't show up in Speedgrader. For example, Ora...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student that is unable to direct message other students in the course. Where do I go to fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I made a "New Quizzes" with Canvas. I like all the new features but for some reason the grades are not in the gradebook. I cannot find them for the life of me. The only way that I can get the grades is to go into the new quiz and click "Moderate"...

• 2 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Hello,The students for the class which I am a TA for recently took an exam via the "Quizzes" function. The exam was divided into two different quizzes: one multiple choice (automatically graded) and one short answers (manually graded). I have been tr...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an instructor looking over the item analysis for an exam (deployed using the "old" quiz engine NOT New Quizzes). When I first looked at the results on the item analysis page, I could see all the answer options. After updating some grading, the an...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello.  I think that I used to have the option to view my gradebooks by section (I have multiple sections of the same course), but that option seems to have disappeared.  Did I accidentally change something to make it go away?  How do I get it back?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I try to record a media comment in response to students, it appears that Canvas auto-adjusts the levels. Since I have them set very specifically, it ends up just distorting the audio because it basically just turns it up to 100. Is there a w...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies