Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am co-teaching a class with another instructor.  I am responsible for creating the course content on canvas, but he is responsible for grading his students' submissions.  There are four sections cross-linked into my course: 3 of which are mine and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are Hot Spot questions auto-graded? Is it possible to set up a Hot Spot question in New Quizzes so that it's auto-graded for partial credit? Or would a teacher have to go individually into a hot spot question to award partial credit?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I copy a page from one course to another I would like all the Canvas embedded quizzes, assignments and discussions to copy along with the page. Every time I copy a page all of the Canvas items (quizzes, assignments and discussions) copy blue but...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to push notifications to students when I comment on a submission/assignment? Some of them are saying they do not see the comments and I am trying to understand why. Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas courses begin in an unpublished state. they then move to a published state. they can also be make publicly viewable. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz that has a Due date of Sep 21st 2020 11:59pm, and an "Available Until" date of Sep 21st 2020 11:59pm.  This how-to suggests that that is the way to prevent late submissions.  Yet, I've gotten a late submission from a student.How do I pr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A student's parent reports that she can only see my teacher comments and the assignment without any of her child's work completed on it. Is it possible for an observer to see the annotations on an assignment that a student makes with Kami, particular...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any apps available within Canvas Free for Teachers that can be used to record video lectures? In my other Canvas account, through the university where I teach, we can access Panopto, which can record video and automatically post it to the C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep seeing the following error page when creating a Google Assignment in Canvas:This is a new issue as of today, and I know that at least one of my colleagues is experiencing the same problem. However, our digital lead is unable to replicate the i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I am wondering if there is a way to work with individual students in a Google Doc commenting live as the student works with a Google Doc posted in Canvas.  It seems as though teachers can only comment on a Google Doc after the student has submi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create a form a and a form b quiz on Canvas. For example students A-L take form A and M-Z take form B.  What is the easiest way to create this in Canvas?  In google forms you can ask the first question that then leads you to a second s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students are uploading files as part of their assignment from their Google Drive.  For some students, there is so issue.  But for other students the message I get says "This file contains HTML and cannot be previewed. Please download to view." So ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to access the essay grading features (highlighting a section of an essay and providing feedback, etc.), but that feature is not available in Canvas quizzes or assignments? Apparently, the essay grading features are only available if a student ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having a major panic at the start of our university yearI have been using a tool called Xerte to produce learning objects that I have been importing to Canvas files.  A bit like Captivate or similar, Xerte produces self-contained learning objects...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It takes me 20-30 minutes to log in and get to a class every day. To day it won't load at all and I'm stuck on a blank grades screen. It's not my internet as we just got a new modem and I'm standing right by it. I'm using canvas.rose.edu. Help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm an instructional designer for a nonprofit that is looking to transition to a new LMS. The current LMS is EdApp and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to export a course developed in EdApp into Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just gave a quiz and discovered a bad question. If I delete the question now, will it automatically adjust the grades?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an entire course be duplicated but given a different name?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We seem to be having students with trouble submitting assignments.  They try to submit and the submission comes through as blank.  Sometimes it submits after several tries, sometimes it doesn't.  Usually when this happens the completed assignment oft...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A 'Discussions' function in a module does not let students to post a question, the 'Discussions' function let students only to reply. Dear Developers, would be possible to use the IF statement to open discussion with a 'question' instead of a 'reply'...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There have been instances where students and teachers have had errors accessing Canvas. But the odd thing is that when asked what browser they are using, they insist that they are using Chrome while the Canvas database shows they were using Safari. T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm enrolled in a late start online class. On my canvas the class is listed as not published. How can or where can I locate the start date of this class? Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am enrolled and on a waiting list for a online class. However I can't locate my enrollment status anywhere in my canvas account. Why and where can I locate this status in my Canvas? Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas can track you when you create a new Virtual Desktop when you are answering a quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used proctorio to proctor my exams.  In the middle of an exam my student was disconnected due to poor internet connection.  WHen she re-enter the exam (with my permission) the proctorio was turned off.  I reached out to the Proctorio support and he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My question is: Is it possible to use Adobe Spark to design content pages within Canvas? Could we pull the HTML coding from the created page in Adobe Spark and them paste it in the HTML editor of the RCE in Canvas? Has anyone done this before with an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is there any way to give an extension for a quiz but with less than full credit for it? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students took a Canvas quiz with a 50 minute time limit. It had multiple choice and short answer (essay type questions). One student says he answered some questions that show up unanswered on his submitted quiz. Some are multiple choice, some are ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,Has anyone else noticed that once in a while when they log-in, that their entire Canvas shell (everything) will be a light blue? Much like the blue that was featured in the most recent Screencast Update release?I noticed it over the weeke...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

My students are submitting their assignments, but I cannot see their submission. OR their assignment submission come in hours later and I can't see their work. Has anyone had this problem before?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies