Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Would it be possible to include observers in a message sent through New Analytics? For example if I have a student failing the course (58%), I can message the student based on his or her overall grade. I was wondering if an "Include Observers" option...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I am an IT tech at Victor Valley College and we have recently run into a strange problem that we can't seem to find a solution to up to now. We have several instructors/tutors who, when they try to schedule sessions in ConferZoom get the follo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a Pear Deck lesson, I have embedded it into Canvas.  Everything looks great, just the way I wanted it to.  I can see the students responses and give feedback, all in Canvas.  As a standalone teacher it seems that these two resources re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have come to regret authorizing Zoom in Canvas.  My students are unhappy that I've put my office hours as a Zoom meeting in their calendars. Is there a way of disconnecting Zoom from Canvas?  All I find in the settings is how to add Zoom.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I see some students on the rosters but not all of them. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used embed codes to post many things into Canvas pages, but for some reason the embed codes on GoNoodle (if anyone is unfamiliar, this is a site for mindfulness and brain break videos, exercise, dance videos, etc. for students/kids). Every vid...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my quizzes auto-submitting when my students exit them?  My understanding is that Canvas is supposed to save their work ans they can reopen them at home to finish for homework.  I am using quizzes for my daily assignments.  I do not have a tim...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but I had a faculty member approach me with a question regarding course content, specifically assignments, when she performed a course copy. She copied All Content into a new course, and everything wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the API to query some date from my kid's accounts - so we are looking at this from the student end, not the course instructor/designer.I am using the API to get a list of all courses:/api/v1/coursesThis however seems to be returning courses...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use non-submitted "assignments" for my content, so that I can, if I want, track them, assign to specific groups, assign on certain dates, etc...  (It gives me flexibility that "pages" don't).  Is there a way to prevent them from showing up in a stu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a teacher is trying to submit grades  from Canvas into Skyward he is getting this strange error: Provided context ({}) does not match target context ({"agentId":"sisapp-725"})   Anyone know why?    

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For those folks who've been using Google Assignments LTI -- especially if you've enabled it since August -- what are the pros and cons for it?  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I am having trouble figuring out how to center a Google slide in Canvas. I have a slide at the top of the page and it's aligns left. Then I have some things I made IN  Canvas and they are centered. Then one more slide at the bottom that aligns...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using appointment groups in scheduler, is it possible to manually assign a specific student to an appointment, essentially pre-booking them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello am facing some error through the installation of canvaslms and blocked on the command `bundle exec rails db:initial_setup` and give fixnum deprecatedThis this the trace:> /var/lib/gems/2.4.0/gems/soap4r-ruby1.9-2.0.5/lib/soap/mapping/encodedreg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have assigned a quiz to a group of individual students.  I would like to be able to copy that quiz and assign it to the same group of kids without having to put all of their names in again.  Is there a way to copy the group of kids to whom the quiz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an LTI 1.3 external tool working with Moodle, and have launched the version of Canvas available in the AWS Marketplace, but have not successfully gotten it configured to work with my tool. Initiating a deep linking call to the tool sends the o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,In our course be would like to add modules/pages or files that are only visable for the students that were present that week. Is there a way that a teaher could type in the attence (completed/not completed) on a canvas assignment and that this ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I align the columns in a rubric? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyways to edit the automatic course invitation text in Canvas? If it is possible how can I do it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In our test instance of Canvas I tested the following scenario.I created an admin role with the only purpose to create users, the permissions for the role was:Users - manage login details (which enables merge users)SIS Data - readUsers - add / remove...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One student writes his assignmnets on an arabic sett computer (we assume) but writes the text in english. When my teacher tries to comment his assignments her text goes right to left. Can we adjust this in any way so she can comment and the text goes...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I copied a 200 point quiz (which was created from the quiz bank) to other courses but only 161 points are showing.  Some questions say, "This question group is set to pick more questions than are available" but I know that the bank has 2-3 questions ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a bit new to using canvasapi and I haven't found anything that will let me get the due date of an assignment. I'm a student and wanted to be able to get all my assignments to print ordered by due date. So far, I have been able to fetch and print ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I am new to this forum and relatively new to Canvas. As an admin with responsibilities for overall student performance in all classes, I am hoping for a way to export the "current score" column for all students enrolled in all courses for a gi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a quiz with multiple answers using CLASSIC QUIZ. No choice for exact match can be selected, hence when a student answers partial correct responses, they are awarded partial scores. I'm looking for any possibility that an "exact match" o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, Canvas discussions are a train wreck.  There's no message list view. There no inbox.There's no usable threading. I mean, there "sort of" is, in that you can reply to discussions in a threaded way, but you can't collapse or expand those threads.Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Good evening!An instructor set up an assignment with unlimited attempts.  A student submitted multiple times to the assignment.  The instructor graded the first attempt (using DocViewer).  The student can view her score, but not the DocViewer feedbac...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted an Assignment and forgot to upload my annotative bibliography with it. The professor asked me to resubmit the assignment. I uploaded the AB and clicked resubmit. The professor has just informed me that My AB is there but the body of work ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Front Page there is a letter A with a down arrow to the right of it next to the class section number. It has to do with "Alternative Formatting" I cannot delete this character and was wondering if students can see and click on it as well. How c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies