Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

One of my student's discussion posts are not showing up in the discussion. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why isn't the left menu of icons available from the speedgrader screen? We need a link to leave speedgrader efficiently. It's hard enough to see the tiny link under the assignment name to get back to the Course Homepage, but it is there. If I'm gradi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

1. HOW can I contact SUPPORT FOR CANVAS?2. HOW can I put an IMAGE in my course sandbox area... All it lets me do is select a COLOR?3. The EDIT A TABLE feature in CANVAS syllabus does not work. It overlaps textNOT sure how to get help on these issues.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use screencasts of all the exercises that we make in Excel. We used to upload flash files, but changed to HTML5 a few years ago as the browsers do not allow flash any more. HTML5 is uploaded via a very ordinary .zip file that contains a small inde...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sometimes I have 2 versions of an assignment in a module (one regular and one modified for special ed students).  If I select "Students must complete all of these requirements" in the module settings, does that apply only to the version that was ASSI...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Can an institution that uses Canvas allow use of both the old and new quiz formats?  Although the new quiz tool offers some significant improvements, apparently there are some features that are buggy which has kept some places from upgrading.  How...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In years past, when I would sync grades from Canvas to PowerSchool, there was a location I could go to (inside Canvas) to check the progress/status of the sync. Is that feature still possible? If so, could someone please remind me where to find it?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!Can someone guide me on how can I vertically align an image and a long text using <div> like the image below? TIA.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a mistake creating an instructor account with the email provided by my university, I tried creating a new one but it won't let me use the said email, I even tried deleting it as my primary email but I still can't delete the "Ways to log In", I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all - I am stuck - I have tried several things to try to get my grades to sync up from Canvas to Aeries and I keep getting this error message: Grading category "All About Me" not found in OneRoster for section "Design Lab - MILLER - 1" (20129). P...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I had multiple modules within my course that I would like to set a timer for them to be visible to students automatically after a certain date. Each module has a number of files. I have set a few safety measures: - each file within the module ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a college student. And I Have submitted My assignment but I suddenly noticed that My work was not My Professor asked For. As I noticed it, I went To My college website And dropped this class immediately. So may I ask will My Professor still see ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m trying to import my canvas calendar to my Apple calendar and only certain assignments are being imported and others are not. For example on canvas calendar it says I have 4 assignments due today but on the imported calendar to Apple only shows 1 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student taking  CPE-MCS-BP1-101  from ASU  and there is no clear  indication of  which assignments need to be completed  in the orientation despite the fact that I have been through each  assignment  multiple  times  reading  the  nondescript ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to help our users understand the Redirect Tool by modifying some of the default Canvas content on that tool's installation page.  To do so, I am using the Theme Editor to upload a .js file containing Javascript to target the specific URL ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you grade Discussion Posts using the "Launch SpeedGrader Filtered by Student Group" feature?When I go to grade a discussion, it doesn't give me a drop-down menu to choose a group.  So it automatically defaults to Group 1.  How do I grade my ot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create an assignment with questions that students can answer directly so when I grade the assignment I see both the question and their response to the question, i.e.question 1.  What is your name?Student response:  Joe Miley2.  How old are ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone,I have a student who added into my course two weeks late, and she missed the first two assignments. What would be the best way to exclude these two assignments from her final grade while maintaining the rest of the classes grades?I hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my gradebook, I went to the 3 dots on the in-progress grade. I checked the option to see the grades in low to high order. How do I get the gradebook to return to alphabetical order? There is no option to click on to return it to normal.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With a Quiz, I can extend extra submissions to individual students, from the Manage Quiz screen, but I cannot find any such way to give one student and additional submission attempt for an assignment, without changing the number of submissions for th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know if there has been any progress in building reporting capacity to run rubric-level statistics? I post this request every few months or so, going back as far as 2015, but no luck. Crickets I know that several community members have su...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My team and I are trying to make a quiz for our 1st graders.  When we have made quizzes before we have been able to create and embed voice recordings/videos directly into the question and answers.  When my colleague made a quiz last week she was not ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my assignments are in google lti because I have all assignments in google slides. I grade it and make comments and then batch return it. It shows in the google assignment box but doesn't go over to the grades tab and then doesn't transfer during ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble using VideoThread for my algebra class. In the assignment areas, it gives me the option to sign in through Canvas, but when i try it takes me back to dash board. When I try Brightside, it is a dead end. Anyone have any suggestions...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I annotate the PDF version of a student document, then they resubmit, how do they toggle back to the previous version, where the feedback was written?   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I import a Zoom meeting using the meeting ID into more than one course?  I am trying to use the import meeting feature for a class split between two grade levels.  When I input the id I get the message that this meeting is associated with ano...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am using Sections to assign different versions of the same assignment for the purposes of IEPs. How do you make it so students cannot see both versions in their module. I have only assigned the students in each section to the corresponding assig...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

All of my Canvas classes are linked with Math MyLab and Mastering.  All of them have Autosync turned on, but in one class, the Autosync feature is not working and the grades are not updating (unless I sync the grades manually).   All of the settings ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I grade a google assignment LTI submission and then "return" it to the student, the grade then transfers to Canvas like it is supposed to... HOWEVER, the problem is that the grade in Canvas is reflecting a deduction of late points according to w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a new user and I did search posts to answer my question, but was unable to find what I needed.  My apologies in advance if this has already been solved.So, we are 100 % remote learning, and I have students turn in math assignments via online upl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies