Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In SpeedGrader, nothing happens when I click on the highlighter.  I can select a color, but then I run cursor over text and nothing happens.  I even tried it with my stylus on the laptop's touchscreen, but that will not work either.  What is needed t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hyperlinks on a google slide work in teacher view but not when students view.  It keeps loading but never playing.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students' exams consists of multiple choice questions followed by seven free response questions, for which they do a file upload (one file containing all seven questions). My current strategy is very slow, so I would like to find out if anyone has...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my OneNote app on my phone. I can choose share a copy of page to another app and submit it to a Canvas assignment through the Canvas student app. Is this feature available in OneNote 2016 or OneNote for Windows 10 with the class notebook add in?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Warm greetings!The search "by author" function doesn't seem to be working properly on the discussion board. When I type in a student's name, it generally either shows me only one post they've done, or none at all. Am I doing something wrong? Thank yo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for help resolving an issue where Canvas is exporting our SIS Synergy and is duplicating the assignments for each student. Things I've done: Cleaned up my assignments sectionDouble checked that my group names in Canvas are identical to Sy...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attached in an Algebra class that I co-teach.  I have access to assignments, modules, etc.  When I attempt to email parents ('observers'), the only options I have are Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Students, Course Sections.   HELP!!!  Where are...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i took a test by submitting a text entry and i wrote all the questions out and clicked submit but then the assignment it was linked to closed at the same time.  is there any way to recover my answers? i don't think /delete can work because i never re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a student Just today I took a multiple chive quiz in canvas and one question just flat out wasn’t there! It looked something like this (dramatic portrayal of course):1 What’s X plus Ya 10b 6c 683d STQ2 a    b  c  d     3 which one doesn’t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created seven quizzes for seven modules without using the Question Bank feature. I now want to create a Cumulative Final that asks all the questions from each quiz. How do I copy those questions from one quiz to another? How do I copy those qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! My canvas grades are only syncing with 1/2 of my courses in Powerschool. I have 2 courses for science and 2 courses for math but syncs only go over for 1 science and 1 math course. Any ideas? TIA! 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The guide titled "How do I import questions from a QTI package into an item bank in New Quizzes?" is showing illustrations that I am not seeing on my canvas courses.  Is this out of date?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've made a collaboration for a class divided into teams. For this, I made an individual collaboration for each group in my class. I have enabled the "Collaborations" link. When I try to go to Collaborations in Student View I get a message saying Acc...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I attempt to grade a student submission in SpeedGrader, I get this notification. The assignment submission type is External Tool and the cloud assignment came from my school Google Drive account. There is only one way to turn this in and it orig...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not able to log in this afternoon. I have been working all morning and now when I log in for Excel Online High School, the canvas tab won't let me in. It keeps saying it can't connect to the server. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I recently assigned students in my class to individual group sets (Discussion) and had hoped that once they click on that particular discussion, the system would lead them to their particular group automatically. However, that doesn't seem to be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a couple courses I created when I was just starting with Canvas and playing around.  Can I remove these courses from my Dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We assign daily work to our students. Therefore, there are a lot of assignments. As I prepare the links for upcoming homework I am having to scroll through more and more previous assignments to get to the current week's work and it's only September. ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am attempting to invite guests to a WebEx meeting through the Canvas/WebEx integration. However, the "invite guests" icon will not let me click on it. I can click on the "delete" and "edit" icons, but not the invite guests icon. I have a Web...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a quiz that is published, in a published module set to choose 20 questions from a question group. I can see the questions in 'preview' mode/student view. I have some students who have taken the quiz and could see the questions. I have a few st...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,Is there any widget or tool that I could add to my course homepage that would show when I'm logged into my zoom room for online office hours? Figured if students can see like a green light or something and a button to take them right there, it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructional facilitator. I have multiple teachers telling me that they are having kids submit assignments but when they go to grade them they do not show up. This is happening on text entries and google embed assignments. Suggestions?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Recently, I made a new email which I wanted to use for school so I deleted my old email off of canvas but my old email always re-appears in my settings after a few hours. Now I'm getting email notifications on both 2 emails I've deleted my old email ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to challenges when first setting up course, some apps had to be installed multiple times. Now that I have the one that works, I would love to delete the faulty ones. I have them Hidden in Navigation, but they still come up in the list when choosi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a quiz in Connect and exported it to Canvas. I want it be under "Quizzes", but it's under "Assignment Quizzes." I want my students to find it under "Quizzes." How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In using the Learning Mastery Gradebook, I have some outcomes with "ghost" second alignments that I did not enter. How do I get rid of them? In the photos below, one outcome has not yet been assessed but the upcoming assessment is shown twice. Anothe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a resource special education teacher struggling with how to put my times in a student's to do list.  I don't assign work - I'm completely direct instruction - so I can create a group, assign students to a group, and post something to the group c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Currently my Canvas announcement emails have subject lines formatted like:start of Fall quarter: Electricity, Magnetism, and Optics II'd like them to be formatted like:[Electricity, Magnetism, and Optics I] start of Fall quarterHow can I confi...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I was told there was a way to create Rubrics in Canvas, using html, that will give the students a simplified look to the rubrics with a popup window when you hover over the rubric box. I was also told that you can color code rubrics in order to categ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have noticed that Canvas's autograding feature is a little more limited than Blackboard in that it cannot handle some of the more complicated quiz questions. It requires more manual grading. For example, my quiz question is a fill in the blank."___...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies