Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello there, my school is used to using Mastery Connecting so we can get immediate feedback on our standards. We give grades but we are also standards-based. We would love to only use Canvas, however, this has been a very confusing process. Our distr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for students to see a discussion board rubric in the same way they see rubrics for assignments? If not, can I include a link to the rubric for students to click on (without having to create the rubric as a file/document in Canvas and l...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've set up peer reviews for an assignment. What settings should I use if I want the students to submit text Comments only and not numerical ratings? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to send an email message as I post an announcement? I understand that the end-user customizes their preferred notifications, yet as a professor, I would like to have the option to select "send the announcement as an email as well" just...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have a 3 part project make 1 grade automatically on Canvas?  I have a project, that is chunked into 3 sections.  I want there to be 1 total grade - not 3.  If it is possible, will it sync to my powerschool as 1 grade?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment where I anonymized students' submissions and their names will not be revealed until I manually post all grades.  One of the students uploaded a file that has issues and I need to contact them to ask them to resubmit. However, it ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I establish the online "course questionnaire" that the students can access through the left navigation menu? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add an EXCEL file for my students to contribute to. I don't want them to download and EXCEL file and resubmit as a separate file. I want to post a file on Canvas that my students can all contribute to in a common fashion. Similar to "Sharep...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like to create quizzes &/or assignments either for future use or to just explore ideas for present or future use. However, every time I do, I have to put a due date on them & they automatically get put on the 'to do" list and many students complete...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tested, and manually concluding an unpublished course using the button on the Settings page, the course also gets published.  It also publishes while concluding using an SIS update.  Does anybody know if this is expected behavior? We'll report the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I recently imported a batch of new Outcomes for a new unit.  After doing that, I now notice that all but one of the Outcomes from a previous unit have disappeared.  These Outcomes had been used/associated with various assessments and had been appeari...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students can't see their quizzes once they are closed even though I have made the setting so that they should be able to see their responses.  I have attached the student view of the quiz and then my settings for the quiz.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When I am writing a message to someone and then attempt to click on the paperclip to add a file / attach a file, the button doesnt "engage". I have been using canvas all through undergrad and this problem just started a couple weeks ago. I click ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when I try to connect to Office 365, it just says "Failure - Something went wrong with authentication" Is this add on officially dead? Thanks!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to I get average for calculated column? I have totals for quizzes, discussions, tests and homework. I have them weighted for overall course grade. I can see average for a quiz, but not for quiz total or any total. In blackboard I could see column...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,I have a weird situation where a student was able to submit an assignment from the student app before it was published. It seems as though all of the unpublished assignments are accessible through the app. Is there a way to make them not vie...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor and use the Comments in speedgrader to direct students to make corrections to a particular assignment. These show up on their home page under Current Feedback. I have 2 questions:1)  Is there a setting that would allow students to ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students turn in 5 different files for my projects. (3 jpg's and 2 pdf's). They always mess it up. So often they are missing one or two of the required files. When they go to the re-submit button to add the missing file(s) it deletes the other...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone guide me on how to drop my final in folio please?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for me as the instructor of linking modules within one another without putting them as a pre-request or requirement? Or a way of linking assignments and/or resources so that I don't have to add to each day's module for my student users...

• 0 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is there a keyboard shortcut to highlight/un-highlight text?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There are some assignments that I have not imported into Infinite Campus yet that are showing up for my students.  They are assignments where I select "No Submission."  Those ones automatically show up as missing for my students, and it's causing a l...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way I can have students click one link and it open one link in a new tab and redirects them to a certain page on canvas? Or do I have to create two separate links, one for the link, and one for the canvas page? I'm trying to eliminate the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having a doozy of a time trying to import a few beautiful tables from Word to Canvas - every time I try, they get messed up, the colors and other formatting are gone and the hyperlinks no longer work. Am I supposed to create a new table each time...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One the limitations we discovered with LTI is that we can't import Results from that were not created by our application.  We have a data warehousing solution and have received requests from districts to aggregate and provide reports for all Results....

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Modules list shows the DUE DATE for an assignment under the assignment title (next to the point value).  Is there away to change that to show the ASSIGNED date? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all - this is a Canvas/CidiLabs question. Currently I am trying to import course materials from another already established course into a new course with a template I designed through CidiLabs. When I'm designing a page I set the template on the p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What Canvas question type would map best to the Quiz Bowl question type in Blackboard? I think this would work best as a multiple choice question. Let me know if you have had to recreate such a question or have a view.Link: Blackboard quiz bowl quest...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are two issues that have been occurring frequently enough to be very frustrating: 1) when switching between question types while creating a quiz, sometimes the dropdown will add blank options. I have to save the question, then open it again to ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im a student and usually when the teachers put a new tool, there is a button that you press to load the tool. Recently, on my chromebook, the button disappeared so I cannot click to get the tool or submit it.(which is usually just a google docs). How...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies