Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I needed to adjust the due date for one student to complete an assignment, which I know how to do, but for some reason I messed it up today.  I changed the assignment for everyone, but most of the kids had already turned it in.  How do I get back to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how  do i publish my course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a building substitute which means that I am in the same school everyday. Sometimes I am the same teacher for a whole day and other times I am multiple teachers in a single day. Therefore I have access to multiple teachers Canvas Course pag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My district is using Canvas, Class Notebook (which is connected to the students in Canvas), and Teams.  Can I connect the Class Notebooks that have already been created for students in Canvas to their Class Notebook in Teams?  My students and I reall...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In one of my courses, I have created eight groups in which small numbers of students can work on projects together.  I am automatically included as the instructor, which (apparently) means I am copied in on their communications.  How do I remove myse...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who claims "the tab locked me out after question 2" and is asking to be given a second attempt on a higher-stakes, summative quiz that is set for only one attempt.  Is there a legitimate reason why this might have happened? Or is thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a slideshow for my students and posted it as an assignment.  It is my understanding that each student would get their own copy of the slideshow if I assigned it through the Google Drive Cloud external tool.  My question is how do I access t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a college student who uses Canvas for my classes. When I paste the Calendar Feed URL from Canvas into my Google Calendar, it automatically syncs all of my course calendars into Google Calendar. I'd like to be able to customize which courses I see...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I am trying to add a rubric to an external tool assignment and I have read the below comment from canvas staff. However, I am trying to integrate Pivot Interactive, which does in fact work. However, there is no way to add in a rubric. Even if I us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi:I made a recording early this afternoon on Canvas Conferences (13:13 UK time) and as of 17:08, it has not uploaded.  Is there a backlog of these in the system?  It has never taken more than a couple of hours before this.  I am a bit worried, as a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student.Whenever I try to join any zoom class on my PC, it simply takes me to a lank screen. It works fine on my ipad. Video example included.https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2?ui=2&ik=94413d11e6&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-8678500352126803043&t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Greetings!Not sure I have experienced this...I have quizzes and examinations which only allow one attempt. This is in addition to other assignments which allow multiple attempts (for practice).A recent quiz given to over 80 students showed that every...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor, and I find when I copy the course content from a previous semester, including the quiz banks, they often don't show up for students. Re-exporting the quiz banks (and Blackboard 7.1 zip files) and manually importing them all (I use ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to set a flat 50% late penalty? I have it set up to deduct 50% every hour with the lowest score being 50%. However, I am running into the issue of students who do good work getting the same grade as students who do poorly because 50% i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am managing a Master blueprint, linked to several sections. I have a page created in the Master blueprint, and I wish to add a link to it in the Navigation menu. I used the Redirect tool to add this. So far so good.The problem is that when I sync t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I need to break or remove a link to a module page on the homepage before replacing with a new link? As the instructor, I have created a replacement page that I need to re-link to the homepage, but I'm not sure if I can overwrite an existing link w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have synced Flipgrid and Canvas and have several assignments that students turned in using Flipgrid.  I am trying to attach rubrics to these assignments in Canvas, but, no matter how many times I try refreshing, etc., I can't seem to find the "+Rub...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why in the world would the Uploaded Media folder be unpublished when I upload a image for a quiz?  Half way through, my students became somewhat frantic because instead of the image (that they needed to answer a question), they saw the image of a loc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Parent Canvas account in order to monitor my child's progress.  I am receiving the Notifications as expected and the email address I used to register is also listed as the only and the default notification email.  For some reason my wife is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. How can I create a custom grading scheme with fixed point values instead of ranges?For example: A=95, B=85, instead of A=100-90 and B=89-80

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students regularly submit pdf scans of their work (scanned using phones - using google drive scan if android, files/notes app if iPhone).  For some reason, these pdfs appear in wildly different sizes in the Speed Grader / Doc Viewer.  This would be m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my Professor referenced in our assignment the required resource folder.  where do I find this folder?  Also, in the chapter it says to watch an animation video in the online resources but I don't know where to find the online resources location for t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are quiz questions that you answer but leave as flagged graded as unfinished or are you given credit for the answer you chose?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am looking over student surveys I have to click moderate survey then I click into a student survey but to move to the next student I have to click back to survey then moderate survey to get to the next student. Please could we just add a next ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students have the option on their dashboard to show list view or card view. My colleges and I think list view is VERY confusing. The students are putting their desktop in list view, but then getting overwhelmed by the to-do in so many classes. We are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally published the Canvas site for my upcoming class. How do I unpublish?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My institution uses both Google and Canvas. I can import my course info into my google calendar but the canvas side is dependent on what the professor puts out there. My google calendar is where I put work hours, assignments, readings, dept meetings,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to put a joke of the day on my Canvas page.  Is there a way to reveal the answer when clicking or hovering on a graphic?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to create a Fill in the Blank question with three text entry boxes. No matter what I do, at least one of the three will be messed up.Whether I used the [Create Blank Space] button or just hit enter, the text I've highlighted may or may not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Every single zoom recording that I have made is being sent to students through canvas inbox. This is very problematic because students have stayed to talk to me privately and that information is now accessible to every student in their class in the r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies