Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hey there, With a free for teachers account, it would be great for students to collaborate in google slides. Is there a solution within Canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

During this semester, I will post assignments for students. And for some reason, I have to give more time for a few specific students on all their assignments. I was wondering if there is a batch way to create assignments for students with different ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

By default, student assignment files are zipped into one large directory, with the students' names prepended to the file names.  I am working with student assignments that consist of several files per student containing programming code.  I need to d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to know before a quiz or assignment has been graded.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to be able to "reject" a student's assignment submission. For example, several of my 6th graders submitted a slide deck after completing only the first of five slides, so I want to be able to un-submit it back to them. Suggestions? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district provides course content for staff to use. But they load all the items for one week into one module. I need to move a day's worth of instructional items to a new module for students to access. Currently, I am having to click each item sep...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I enable the student assignment enhancements and create an assignment placed within a module.  When assigning the "mark as done" requirement on the assignment within the module, where will it appear when viewed by the students?  I have tried it an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who has several students who have not even signed in much less submitted any work, but they have grades in the gradebook.  The assignments were mainly quizzes that grade automatically.  Everything on the quiz settings seems to be cor...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just added an announcement to my class page AND moved "Announcements" in my Navigation Settings to the top so that it would be visible by the students.  I tried to refresh and even log out/log back in, but the little crossed out eye is still there ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi!   Is this not possible to do on Canvas?   An ungraded anonymous Survey that can have both "no right answer" and "right answer" questions.For example, the 1st question asks "how confident do you feel..." - this obviously doesn't have a right answe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have set Time Zone as a Kathmandu time in canvas and I posted an announcement at a tentative 7.30 p.m, august 30 of Nepal time but the canvas shows that the announcement is posted on August 30, 9.36 am. Why canvas is showing different times and how...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

As an instructor, there are times where I need to work in my Canvas course late at night.  Specifically, with discussion boards (and generally, anywhere), has Canvas considered the possibility of allowing replies to student posts be scheduled for a l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just imported (via Content Export) 3 courses from UC Scout to Canvas.  However, when I go to play videos it comes up with an error message:Unable to play - unauthorized domainThe videos play fine in UC Scout site but not when transferred to canvas....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to assign different version of assignments to individual student without having to enter each student's name manually?  I have 21 students who need modified assignments and 160 that do not and don't want to manually enter each name eac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm using "ext_lti_assignment_id" from LTI launch parameters to link our internal assignment with Canvas assignment. But I couldn't find anywhere in the documentation whether "ext_lti_assignment_id" is globally unique or not. Could you confirm if it ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set the time for a course when it shows up in Calendar? I want to set it up and affect all the course meetings, not one at a time.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created several assignments using Google Assignments LTI this week.  Students are accessing and completing these assignments and receiving the message " Your assignment has been submitted".  Yet, when I go to the assignment to grade, it says I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, is there any option to change the email notifications for all my canvas users. I am administrator user.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I try to submit a google doc in Canvas, it is automatically changed to a .docx file. How do I fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating an assignment as a teacher, and clicking file upload, students can turn in a PDF, Good Slides, Google docs, etc.  Correct?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add StemScopes as an external tool for the teachers within my district. It seems as though this could work, but I am not seeing how to go about doing that.It seems as though there is a lot of interest around this within the community ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As I was registering for Canvas I created a student account and it has been attached to my district portal which is what we use to communicate with students and it houses all of the apps we use regularly. Does anyone by chance know how to get my acco...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach two different courses. When I have both open,  is there a way to change the color scheme of one? Kind of like how you could change the theme color on outlook mail? I need a way to differentiate  between the two; visual color change that is ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  Currently, I have 5 courses listed for my 1 elementary level class.  Our district set it up this way so that grades would mesh easily with Synergy but it's more detailed than the students understand.  My students need it to be as simple as po...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Canvas HELP:I am both a STAFF member and a PARENT and I need help signing up as an observer for my two students in the same district.  We are at 3 different campuses (Elementary, MS, and HS), but are all in the same district.  They were able to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i try to take a quiz it doesn't show me the questions? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone help as my email address has a ! In red next to it and I am told there is a problem but it doesnt say what......It is my email and it is correct.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a combined gradebook in skyward. When I sync my grades only 2 of the 3 classes will sync to skyward. I tried to sync just the missing class and I got, grades have already been posted. Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to allow students to view the chat files in the Zoom LTI?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a school that set up a Newsela integration, and it appears to work fine -- until a teacher tries to sync her classes with Canvas. Then a message appears and says that a Canvas admin has disabled her ability to sync. So far, I cannot find where...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies