Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Whenever I try to submit a google doc in Canvas, it is automatically changed to a .docx file. How do I fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating an assignment as a teacher, and clicking file upload, students can turn in a PDF, Good Slides, Google docs, etc.  Correct?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add StemScopes as an external tool for the teachers within my district. It seems as though this could work, but I am not seeing how to go about doing that.It seems as though there is a lot of interest around this within the community ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As I was registering for Canvas I created a student account and it has been attached to my district portal which is what we use to communicate with students and it houses all of the apps we use regularly. Does anyone by chance know how to get my acco...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach two different courses. When I have both open,  is there a way to change the color scheme of one? Kind of like how you could change the theme color on outlook mail? I need a way to differentiate  between the two; visual color change that is ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  Currently, I have 5 courses listed for my 1 elementary level class.  Our district set it up this way so that grades would mesh easily with Synergy but it's more detailed than the students understand.  My students need it to be as simple as po...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Canvas HELP:I am both a STAFF member and a PARENT and I need help signing up as an observer for my two students in the same district.  We are at 3 different campuses (Elementary, MS, and HS), but are all in the same district.  They were able to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i try to take a quiz it doesn't show me the questions? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone help as my email address has a ! In red next to it and I am told there is a problem but it doesnt say what......It is my email and it is correct.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a combined gradebook in skyward. When I sync my grades only 2 of the 3 classes will sync to skyward. I tried to sync just the missing class and I got, grades have already been posted. Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to allow students to view the chat files in the Zoom LTI?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a school that set up a Newsela integration, and it appears to work fine -- until a teacher tries to sync her classes with Canvas. Then a message appears and says that a Canvas admin has disabled her ability to sync. So far, I cannot find where...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I hyper-linked a word in the instructions of an assignment to a PDF file.  When the students clicked on the link they get a blank screen with the word "unauthorized" in the upper left corner.  What can I do to fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past, Canvas would sync all assignments, discussions, and quizzes etc. into Skyward as long as they had points, the correct code, and a due date.  This year, Canvas will only sync items that have a grade in Canvas. Meaning no other assignments...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoon Canvas pros, I am new to Canvas this year.  I successfully synced my grades to Infinite Campus but they are showing up as raw scores.  I would like to sync grades to Infinite Campus as percentages so all of my assignments have equal we...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, A teacher has made a new quiz with an upload file question (among other kinds of questions). Is it possible to download all files students submitted in this question (preferably with one operation)? Thank you,Kristbjörg Olsen

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a 6th grade Math online teacher.  Some of my students can not submit their google docs to me.  They say it cannot submit.  Other students can submit just fine.  Finally, some say they cannot even view the assignment.  I am not sure if this is a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to access Speedgrader from assignments, it is often grayed out.  I'm not sure how to grade the students if I can't click on that.  Any advice?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm designing a self-paced course for students. What is the best way to incorporate engaging and interactive activities (e.g. flip-card exercises, interactive videos,..) in the course? How can these exercises be designed?Also, is the New Quizzes feat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My student says this error message is popping up:  error on the notebook communication until teacher links the websiteWhat do I need to do to fix it?  Is there something I did wrong in uploading the assignment?This is a google slides assignment that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am new to Canvas. I want to be able to "send to" modules to our third party translation dept. Even if they are not a Canvas user, can they "edit" the module (where I placed the Google translation) and send back to me with their translation. We are,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Our school converted from Blackboard to Canvas and an online course I teach was imported earlier this summer. We just noticed that none of the latex that we had on the Blackboard side is converted to equations on the Canvas side. We could go in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Earlier this week, my students were able to use the turn in to Canvas button to turn in an assignment from Adobe Spark.  Today, that button has disappeared for them.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I embedded a Google Slide presentation into Canvas and have it starting automatically. However, the audio does not start automatically, I have to manually enable audio through the "Exclamation Point" icon at the bottom of the screen each time. My stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This question was brought to me by one of my teachers. I thought I would share it here to see how other Canvas users are handling. When you click an event from the canvas calendar, it shows a clickable preview of the event without clicking further on...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attempting to get files from a Shared Google Drive (from the district) into an assignment in Canvas. I know there is not a direct way to do this but seeing if anyone has found a work around. I have found a work around to get something from a Sha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to embeded a Nearpod draw-it slide in a Canvas quiz question to have students create a graph.  However, when I preview the quiz and submit an answer the image does not show up.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I am following the directions correctly when uploading an assignment through the Google Cloud Drive option via the "External tool". Everything uploads correctly, which is great!! However, when the students click on the "Blue Lettering" of the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to encourage our organization's teachers and staff to utilize the expert power of the collective here at Canvas Community. So that we can find our teacher and staff posts more efficiently, are there other suggestions we can utilize other ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies