Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi all, Just a quick questions, as per the subject header: Are Practice Quizzes included in the submissions figure in Student Analytics? Many thanks.   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I'm aware that Practice Quiz scores do not show up in Gradebook. However, is it possible to access a list of Practice Quiz grades, or to find out simply whether students attempted the quiz? I know that changing a Practice Quiz to a Graded Qui...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Automatically make students' answers and scores visible once all students have completed a quiz, or make their answers and scores available after the due date passes?  Right now it seems all one can do is choose to make answers available, seemingly w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have just noticed a Practice Quiz score does not show up in Gradebook. My problem is that I have more than 200 quizzes that I need to change the status of from Practice to Graded! I know how to do this individually, but with such a large nu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know why i cannot see the image and it seems like my upload has fail.  Could you help me plz because I have an exam tomorrow.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully been loading Kami assignments in Canvas and loving the results until I discovered that Canvas does not automatically mark Kami assignments that have not been submitted as "Missing" which then does not flag the students to the need...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to use single-point rubric for a repeating assignment in Canvas. My rubric is three columns and three rows. The middle is the criteria. The column on the left is "area for improvement" and on the right is "exceeding expectation."Two ques...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi. Is there anyone in the community who would be interested in taking on immediate work helping us to input course content? We are a British curriculum online secondary homeschool delivering IGCSE and KS3 courses in 11 subjects. If you're interested...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are looking to integrate a coupon / voucher / affiliate system in our training organization.  Is there any app in the system that supports that?  How would we set that up?  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with a company who is creating a community that uses cryptocurrency as their main payment system (as well as the traditional systems).   Is there any app in the Canvas community that assists with that?  Any experiences?  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This course has enabled open enrollment. Students can self-enroll in the course once you share with them this URL: https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/K6NJRK. Alternatively, they can sign up at https://canvas.instructure.com/register and use the fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Flash is being discontinued at the end of December 2020. Flash will be removed from all Windows computers. Canvas says we need Flash, what is Canvas replacing Flash with and when will we hear about it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a questions regarding Flash. I'm a new instructional designer and I am going to be giving a presentation to my higher ed institution about the conversion from flash to HTML5. I was asked to research about Flash and how it relates to 3rd ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The TA is graded and can see the course but does not know how to access the grading page or to help grade. What is the navigation the TA will take to see and grade assignments? Do I need to enable their ability to grade? They are already added as a T...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are missing this "Authorize Google Drive Access" button when instructors create a Google Doc collaboration and students are sent an email prompting them to ask for access after the collaboration is created.  This is a new behavior for us.  What ch...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My Pages listing is getting quite large.  If I back up my Canvas into the Sandbox, can I delete MANY of the pages I have already done?  I feel like my Canvas has too many "saved" pages and I would love to clean it up.  Is this a viable option?  Wil...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a question bank of multiple choice questions.  The answer choices are expressions using greek letters for variables.  In the editor, I click add equation and switch to advanced.  I type in my expression in LaTex and insert the expressi...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I am an elementary principal and I have been trying to do teacher observations by looking at their assignments in Canvas and giving feedback. Most of my teachers' embedded assignments that are created in the g-suite products (Google slides, do...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What's happening with Flash as it relates to the Canvas plugins? Canvas, itself, should be fine; but will the 3rd party plugins have issues now that Flash will no longer be supported in 2021?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a weird situation where a student response to a quiz question includes text that is linked to an external website.  That indicates to me that the student either copied and pasted the text in and that process also copied the underlying link or ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have an instructor who would prefer to open a specific PDF in a new tab when it it clicked.  They DO NOT want the file preview (easy enough), but the link syntax...https://[domain]/courses/161/files/4288/download?wrap=1...always forces a file d...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello there,I am a student who just encountered a technical issue during my online exam on Canvas Quizzes. So my exam requires me to upload my answers in a pdf and attach it to the particular question on canvas quizzes. After I had uploaded my last p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to assign alt text to an image that you have stored in your course files so that the alt text appears wherever you embed that particular image?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I have been reading through the question forums and found that the Canvas Quizzes autosaves our answers typed into the given boxes. However, does this autosave function apply to documents and pdf files that are uploaded into the given boxes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm trying to write multiple choice questions for an upcoming math final exam and the equation editor seems to be working fine for entering equations in the statement of the question, but is printing the latex code after the answer choices.In...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to edit to mark an already submitted assignment (with associated due date) as Missing?  I often have students submit wrong file or incorrectly submit file so it does not come through and, in addition to comment/feedback, I would like t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my half-asleep state, I accidentally made a batch grade change to an entire assignment. (I meant to fill in zeros for those who did not submit work, but I failed to realize that, since the others hadn't been graded yet, that this would change ALL ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does Microsoft assume that all parts of the software is implicitly intuitive? Under whose intuition?

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi! We are having a problem with Turnitin integration with our recent self-hosted open source Canvas installation. The Originality reports for submissions are generated, but:1 - They don't appear under the SpeedGrader.2 - The grades/comments entered ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to create a rubric without points attached?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies