Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

For the live event Course_Completed it is triggering for random students who havent completed. You can see below that 0 out of 4 requirements have beenpayload;[ { "metadata": { "job_id": "1050002439153121", "job_ta...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to copy an appointment group?  We want students to sign up for appointments on a weekly basis. There are 3 types of activities to sign up for and about 10 appointments for each activity in almost every week (some variations occur).  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to restrict file downloads such that the file is only viewable in a module and that students are not prompted/allowed to download to their local machine?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the documents in "my file" is only visible for the user itself, why are there still options for "published", "unpublished", etc. ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was notified on 09/08/2020 at 9:34 pm EST that DeVry automatically dropped me from a class via email. The e-mail stated " your enrollment has been impacted by unmet course requirements."  I do not understand what the issue is. I was only two days i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone found a robust solution to automatically conclude a course for a single student? ****************************************************** Scenario: Compliance training course open to 50,000 + students They can self enrol anytime and complete...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a function in Canvas whereby I can extend one student's due dates, all of them, in one fell swoop, rather than go into each assignment and click "add?" This would be a way of responding quickly to a student's need in an emergency, say.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,   A course I taught recently ended, and now it is unavailable to its student participants (perhaps I archived it?). I'd like to make it available to students again (i.e. unarchive it). Is there any way to do this? Thanks, Peter

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have cross listed my sections into one Science course. I plan on deselecting my course roster by unchecking "Invite all course memebers" to then select only the students I want to have a synchronous live conference with - for example, Section 1 sci...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach an online college course but I am also a parent of a high school student. Each time I receive an email from a teacher listing an assignment or information for me to review in Canvas, I click the link but it always takes me to my open college ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there some way to change what the students see when they have handed in assignments and such? The student view is black and white, very boring, and seems to have no indicators like checkmarks or anything that shows they it's been handed in. How ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm receiving emails from students saying they don't know when the course starts or have access to Canvas yet. I published the course Canvas site about 10 days ago. I put up an announcement with course content details, which I thought might be emaile...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a special education team teacher. How do I view the Gen. Ed teacher's EdPuzzle in Canvas? It either recognizes me as a teacher and asks me to update my settings or allows me to use Student view and gives me an error message. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a class notebook set up for my 3rd period. I renamed the class notebook to clear some confusion and after renaming, the class notebook link did not connect to the renamed class notebook. It would say an 404 error connection not found.Does this ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I make a numbered list in the instructions for an assignment, the numbers themselves are always 12 pt font no matter how big the text is. This problem occurs in this text box too:exampleexampleexampleexampleYou can see that the numbers stay the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I uploaded the wrong file to an assignment. I have not submitted it yet, and I want to remove it. How do I do this so that I can submit the correct document? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a free for teacher course and am trying to add a student. She has a Canvas account through her employer which is a higher ed institution. Is there a way for her to use the same credentials for both courses or do we need to invite her to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In SpeedGrader when reviewing Multiple Dropdown type questions for a quiz created with Classic Quizzes, it has come to our attention that not all of the dropdown boxes will show in SpeedGrader view. The dropdown boxes will show for the student when t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-19-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I''m trying to import content that I received from a teacher in another state. He provided me with the imscc file linked below.I tried importing int a brand new class, all content, it takes about 18 minutes to upload, then it says "running" then it a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I must be going crazy, because I could do this before today--simply click the picture icon, select the image I want, and upload to the announcement (I use my Bitmoji classroom for the daily agenda).Just a few hours ago, something changed so that I ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm a teacher using Canvas and Microsoft Teams to teach online. Last week I scheduled a class meeting in Teams via the Canvas calendar for every day this month. This morning all the links on B days were missing from the Canvas calendar. I crea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if you can "turn off" communication between students in the Inbox? My teachers are worried about students taking screenshots of tests, quizzes, etc. and sharing them with each other. They are also worried about the lack of monitoring...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(my shift button is not working please excuse the lowercase typing.) i am a special ed teacher. i would like to have one home page (course) for all of my students since i see different students for different subjects. i would then like to link from m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Title sums it up. We are under TA accounts trying to see if there is a way to see the student's submitted work. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am curious if anyone has come across this. When students drop a course before the end of a term, they are removed from our Canvas courses. So, any analytics on the student in those particular courses is no longer accessible. This doesn't seem like ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use the Canvas Scheduler for office hours in order to reduce the endless email loops of finding a good time.  But it's really hard to set up the appointment groups.  There doesn't seem to be a way to set them up to be recurring?  And it is very har...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking to put in a guided note sheet that students can use to follow along with and fill out on their computer or print if they want a physical copy. I would like to add it to the module, but I do not want it to pop up as an assignment as it wi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Regarding Attendance, if I select the option to "Do not count toward final grade" Can a deselect that option at a later time?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@Chris_Hofer  Why did you delete my question and your response? I have screenshots of the problem I've encountered, and confirmation from an expert at my University that this is a known problem. Is it because I criticized the parent company? That's p...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies