Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My school district has Zoom integrated with Canvas so we create meetings in Canvas and they are sent to our students' Calendars and Inboxes. Is there a way to turn OFF the feature that automatically sends the creation/editing/deletion of meetings to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone seen this? I teach Spanish, and I see this frequently in this student's answers when there is an open ended section. Is this indicative of translator usage?:Add to PhrasebookNo word lists for Spanish -> English...Create a new word list...C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am no longer able to send an attachment to my students in the Canvas email. Can this be fixed?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I remove a module pre-requisite for just one student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, community! Nice new space we got here. Great view, lots of room   Anyway, I have a faculty member who has uploaded Articulate presenter files in his course. They have the HTML5 version as an option. When you try to view the file, the audio do...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

WHAT IS AN EXTERNAL TOOL? WHERE DO I GET IT?WHAT DOES IT DO?WHY AM I BEING DENIED ACCESS TO IT?IE: External Tool Content Can't be PreviewedIn order to use this resource in Canvas, the external tool must be installed.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi,  every time I sync Canvas to Powerschool my grades are posted in Powerschool as points.  We use percentages.  Then for each assignment in each class, I have to go in and manually change from points to percentages.  Is there a fix for this?  Thank...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We found today that if you have question groups set up in Quizzes with File Upload type questions you have to go to Quiz Statistics to download all submissions one question at a time - from that group - there is no "Download all submissions" like nor...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Looking for an answer key to the Travel Journal Notes that students can use going through modules to assist some of my lower level students as they meet with support staff...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a rubric that I wish to use for all assignments of a particular type. When I go into the assignment and click "+ Rubric", there is the check box to use this rubric to grade the assignment. However, if I check that box and then click "Find Rubr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use Proctorio with MyLab quiz or exam through Canvas? I can use with quizzes in Canvas but those with MyLab questions. Proctorio help told me it can be done but they didn't know how to explain. thanks  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The api sis csv upload documentation says: "Diffing mode by default marks objects as "deleted" when they are not included for an import. If user B is created by import 1, and then user B is omitted from import 2, Canvas will mark the user as deleted"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have a teacher using the Google Assignments LTI and trying to check student work on an assignment. There was a rubric attached as well, and it looks like Google is delivering a 404 error and the teacher is unable to see any of the student tur...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am Parent/observer.How do I change the setup So I receive the notifications/alerts only to my Canvas account but not my personal email used for Canvas login. Please advise. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having my students take an unscored survey each week, and I know that as a teacher I can leave additional comments on their survey responses. After typing in the additional comments and then clicking "Update Scores" I receive an error message an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several quizzes that are posted, are set as graded quizzes, have been graded, are in modules that are posted and green, and yet nothing is showing in the grade book. I have read hours worth of information and still cannot figure out why my can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am using the mastery gradebook and have some assignments I manually grade (like exams) in which I use the rubrics and easily populate my mastery gradebook. I also though have homework assignments (through a third party vendor linked with canvas (Pe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student who has missing assignments. They do not show in his To-Do list. When he clicks on Grades, the assignment shows up in the list and says missing. If he clicks on the name of the missing assignment, it takes him to a Submission details...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've recorded a Kaltura video through Canvas, and it completed the upload. But when I click the link to edit, post, and complete the process, it goes to a webpage with an API error:  NWY1OGY4YWY3NWI3YiwwOS8wOS8yMDIwIDAzOjQ1OjUxLG55LW52cDEta21zLTJmOGY...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love the new Google Assignment feature, but we seem to be having difficulty when an assignment is created in blueprint and sent to all courses. Is this because the blueprint creator is using his/her Google Drive to make the assignment? Do all Googl...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are getting an ACCESS DENIED page when they try to open my module.  What am I doing wrong on my end?TY

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I start Canvas on my MacBook Pro with Chrome, it automatically goes to Files. I would rather it started on the Dashboard. Is this something my institution (Ontario Tech University) has baked in or can I change it, and if so, how?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am a post bacc student taking online classes and last week I ran into a very unusual issue. I took an online quiz and after I submitted all my answers, I noticed that on 2 of my questions, the answers that I selected were changed to somethin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I'm looking for a guide that shows an instructor or admin how to set up an LTI vendor to use the REST API to push grades to the Canvas gradebook.  I've been unsuccessful in searches on Google and in the Canvas knowledge base(s) .  Can anyone poin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm looking to add a Google Doc to an assignment and then have students access that google document several times throughout the entirety of the school year. I'm thinking I'll be able to reuse the same assignment several times and have the students t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a discussion, checked dates, checked that the discussion was for everyone in my course,  saved and published.  Students are inboxing me  saying they don't see an area to reply.  I see this area in the teacher view but when I go to student v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm new to Canvas and to this forum. I have the following question: Students submit homework to Canvas as docx, jpeg, and pdf files. I've been using the drawing tool on speed grader to comment on the files, as if I'm handwriting with a pen. My...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi Iam new to canvas, i have created a Quiz, before attending a quiz there is alert box with "Begin" button. On changing the language from english to french the button label is not translated. Let me know is there any other way to translate the butto...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the live event Course_Completed it is triggering for random students who havent completed. You can see below that 0 out of 4 requirements have beenpayload;[ { "metadata": { "job_id": "1050002439153121", "job_ta...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to copy an appointment group?  We want students to sign up for appointments on a weekly basis. There are 3 types of activities to sign up for and about 10 appointments for each activity in almost every week (some variations occur).  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies