Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

If the Availability Date for an assignment passes and the student did not complete the assignment, can the student proceed within the module if the module has requirements that students must complete all assignments in sequential order?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Colleagues,I'm not seeing where to enable the beta 'enhanced assignment' feature following the 10-17 sprint. Was it pulled back?

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I copy an assignment from a closed grading period to an open grading period within the same course without recreating the content within the assignment. I have students who need to catch up and all assignments created in the first grading per...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So we are being asked to leave our assignments open for the entire year so that students can complete them. How do we do that if we already have an availability until date in the assignment? Also, is it going to affect grading periods?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When working on updating or editing (or even creating!) questions in the quiz or testbank, it is so tedious to keep hitting the edit buttons to change the various components.  It is also bad that when you need to save the question, you have to scroll...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I lost at least one lab that students had already taken!!!I need to recover my lost content.  The /undelete is no help.  Please someone at Canvas help!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I went to MyInstitution.instructure.com/doc/api/live and under the Users sections I attempted to create a user, but I got the following error:{ "errors": [ { "message": "The specified resource does not exist." } ] }Request URL: https://MyInstitutatio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor.  I accidentally deleted an assignment.  The assignment included submissions from students.  Is it possible for me to recover the assignment and the link?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can the entire district's user access log data be downloaded for all active terms for students through the API?I have a need to download weekly the user access log report for students but we have courses on quarter, semester, and annual basis. Ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to extract grades with due dates and (when present) submission dates. Is that possible? I am an instructor. Thank you. Ellen

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I was looking around canvas trying to find a way to see all the assignments in all of my classes without calendar events or anything. Does anyone know a way of doing this? Is it a feature coming in an update? I'm just slightly annoyed that there i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is the Module page:   This is the folder after the course is exported, only the media folder:   Only the "files" in the course are included in the media folder:   Therefore, exporting the course did not succeed, it just packaged and downloade...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I hadn't run into this before, but I've seen this twice in the last 2 weeks now.  I created a new Quiz (old style of quiz) in Canvas and then added some questions from a Testbank that I had used last summer.  When Canvas imported these questions, it ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does a Grading Period generally prevent any further access to its content once that period's Close Date has been reached?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm a 7th grade English teacher and new to Canvas this year. One issue I'm experiencing is this; I can't find a way to post something on Canvas that I want students to complete (graphic organizers, outlines, quick-writes, etc) that I don...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've crosslisted my courses. Is there a way to use the "Moderate This Quiz" feature and  filter it by section? Right now it's showing all of my students from every class at once. I know I can select different sections/classes using "speedgrader", but...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am experiencing issues with Storyline 360 not launching on a new tab in Canvas. I have set the Storyline 360 file to "Launch player in new browser window" but it is still not doing that in Canvas. This presents an issue as I have put in an "...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally created an Ungraded Survey for my class. It should have been a Graded Survey. Some students completed the survey before I made the change to a Graded Survey. For these students, they are now seeing a partial grade (e.g. 1/5) for their ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm a Teaching Assistant added to a course on a canvas page (class with 300 students) and students have been assigned sections. Sections have been classified using the "groups" feature.  I have a twofold query:  1. When an announcement is made on...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student uploaded an incorrect file.  I would like to manually change the file submission.  How do I do this?  If not possible, how do I open the assignment only for that one student?Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If I am running a Canvas course with Sections, is it possible to:(1) create a single assignment for all Sections of the course;(2) but view the submitted work Section-by-Section.This would make it easier in a team-taught course for individual tutors ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Google Classroom you can assign a google doc/slide and make a copy to each student. You can then view those assignments in Google Classroom in real time. The teacher can also make individual comments on a students work in real time and see their e...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Aloha - Brand new to Canvas and trying to figure out if there is a way to view an un-submitted assignment generated from Google Assignments (LTI 1.3).  In Google classroom I could flip through student work and give feedback before submission.  Not se...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a parent, I mainly will look at the GRADES tab and page to see where child is at with respect to TIs, NTIs, etc. and such.  Is there a way to default so that each time I move to a different COURSE, it shows the summary information vs the detail in...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is straightforward to delete an entire cloud recording from the list of cloud recordings in Canvas.  There's a box for that.  But sometimes there are multiple individual recording files under a single cloud recording entry.  Is it possible to dele...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a table on my Home page to display buttons.  They are the same size in edit mode (roughly, because they are manually resized).  When I leave edit mode, they change their sizes and look different every time I come back to the home page.   I've ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I sync my grades over to PS, the grades are showing up in the extra credit field only.When I go into PS and look at the assignment details, it shows 0 points for the assignment, however there are 100 points awarded for extra credit when a studen...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas is connected to our Student Information System and students are automatically added via a feed from this system automatically.  Teachers on a course may not necessarily know that new students have been added. This can present a problem when st...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Is there any way in Canvas to get an overview on a single page, showing all groups within a course (in different group sets) and students within each group? Preferably downloadable. Thanks,Kristbjörg

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have uploaded two 7.6 GB lab videos however the 17 GB video (2.5 hours) fails.Thanks in advance

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies