Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I set up a Webex meeting in the MEETS section of my course in Canvas. I can see the meeting in the MEETS calendar and in my webex app. I don’t see it in the Canvas calendar and I did not get an Webex meeting invite. How can I make it appear in the Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings,I notice a student is populated into the "Assign To" field in an assignment when I type a student's name and then type a comma (,). Is it possible to input a string of names separated by a comma or semicolon to autopopulate a group of stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

So a colleague has an assignment worth 50 points that is set up as complete/incomplete. They have their late submission policy so that the assignment is docked 50 percent if turned in late.  In practice, the policy does not seem to be working.  I'm g...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I keep reading you can  randomize the order of questions in a quiz by choosing the "EDIT QUIZ" option. Where do I find that option? Nothing appears before/during/after  the  "+QUIZ" button... I can only see the Shuffle questions option to rand...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm looking for a description of the GRADE ICONS that show up in the "score" column of grades in the "observer view."

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student videos in a discussion section have a little broken box that says "loading". 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to view course analytics for a student and I know what participation and page views mean.  However I do need a clarifying question answered.  If a student is enrolled in multiple courses, is the analytics page in my course only information...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what does mean Ignore points( canvas is stupid).focus on grade 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to turn off comments on submissions in SpeedGrader?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an adjunct instructor at multiple schools it would be great to have a way to move our rubrics.  It seems we have to do the same work over and over again (mindlessly creating rubrics for multiple schools again and again) for each school. It would b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using New Quizzes. I have a bank in my course, it's all there when I go to "manage banks". But when I am trying to create a quiz, it says I have no banks. This has been going on since yesterday.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It appears that when putting a course link into the RCE, the default is to open a new window when the link is clicked.  Is there a way to not have it open a new window, and just go to that page? Don't know that it makes a difference, but I'm linking ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Need to differentiate content for adult learners from 9 school teams we are coaching. Just took the MasteryPaths webinar. I tried to create a one-question graded survey/multiple choice as my source assignment (each answer option corresponds each of t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have marked a number of assignments in the grade book as Excused for those students who added the class late however those assignments are still being calculated in the final grade. No idea why.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I screen record on this site, It's for an assignment and I'm lost on this website.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up a discussion board in a way that students have to post themselves first before seeing others' responses. Can I set two different deadlines for these two types of posts? For example I want them to post by a specific date, and then resp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Regarding my media files, once I embed them in a page, can I enable the ability for students to download them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not have a module button in my navigation barSetting up  canvas for remote teaching

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to view the entire semester's attendance for a class instead of only one day at a time?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know nothing about computers and am in desprate help, After I log in thru Respondus lockdown I get a message saying, "Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. Please visit the Canvas Community for a complete list of supported...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am director of curriculum and we are using Canvas for virtual learning for the first time.Is there a way to to ensure that observers/parents cannot read discussion posts of all the students in class, only their student(s)?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi- We are running into a very strange issue with user names. The Display Name, First Name, Last Name is not being updated by the users.csv file, and somehow getting Full Legal Names from somewhere, and even though we are sending Preferred Names in o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I assign an EdPuzzle, I use 100 for the points like all of my other assignments.  Then I select Incomplete/Complete.  However, If they don't make a 100 on the EdPuzzle, they are marked "incomplete." Can I change this to mark "complete" regardles...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a shell with three sections of students in it, well over fifty total students.  I have done two sections cross-listed before without issue, but now I have noticed when attempting to run SpeedGrader that it is giving me an error message request...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are pre-k master teachers, or teacher coaches able to use canvas?  They do not have their own classrooms, rather they are there to help and support the teachers in their roles, they do their own assessments and observations and provide feedback. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am receiving the error message "Error unable to transmit file to the storage service. The service may be down or you may need to re-log in to Canvas." while trying to upload a google doc from my google drive into Canvas under Files. I have tried re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm an instructor-How do I edit my homepage when there isn't an edit icon?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently switched to new quizzes, and I do not see any way to export all my student answers to a text file.   Is there a way that can be done easily?   If not, it would be nice feature to add, and it would be easy to code up.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to assign students to groups based on outside data, e.g. a spreadsheet? We have some 90 groups out of 1000 students, so manual assignments are undesired.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Who can I call to get an issue fixed? I have reported a problem a week ago and not received any word or solution. I have called the main 800-203-6755 but no one ever answers even after leaving voicemails.I have an issue that is needing fixed now, act...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies