Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I import a module from one course to another I loose the assignment groups.  It goes into a group called imported assignments and I have to move each assignment individually into its correct group.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to turn off the assignment submission alerts on the Canvas App for iPads?  I am a shared teacher in two other courses, and when those teacher's have submissions, in my to do for grading, it shows mine, and theirs.  If there isn't...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, so I would like to make a question that uses variables like in the "formula question" to generate a random sequence of numbers for a problem, and then use these numbers in few following questions. Is there any way to do it? I know it's relatively...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any support for complex numbers? It's generally needed for science/engineering classes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Sometimes formulas are pretty long and one needs to make small corrections, is it possible? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created Group Set before realizing that I needed one Group Set, then subgroups. How do I get rid of all the Group sets I created I don't need?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Google Slides virtual journal that I plan to have students write in periodically.  The same "journal" should last the whole year with students contributing to it occasionally.  I know how to add a Google assignment that makes a copy for each...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open my canvas, I can't see my dashboard or open up any of my assignments on my mac computer, suggestions and help please

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever we open a media file on Canvas, it automatically downloads to our laptop hard drive, often creating multiple/duplicate files ("(file name)1,2,3", etc.) each time we choose to reopen the file/s. How do we turn off or disable this function, if...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my email address visible on the Home Page?  I'm working through Sandbox and the Canvas courses, at this time I am to show that my home page has, in part, contact information.  How is that done?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a new quiz, posted it, and had 2 classes take it on one day. I was able to grade them in speed grader and everything went fine. Then, the next day I had kids from the next classes take it and when I try to grade it or access it in any way from...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am posting a discussion, I can add classes to the "Post to" part. If I add each of my classes into this, does that mean that every single section will get their own, individual discussion board? Or does it mean that all of my classes will pos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have 'homework' quiz where students get up to 3 attempt for each question.  Currently, there are 12 questions and a total of 100 points.  When students take the quiz the first time, they are getting 1 point for each correct answer or a grade of 12...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas grades are not syncing to pinnacle.  I follwed the directions given to assign the categories in pinnacle.  Only one set of grades for a quiz synced.  The other grades will not. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set up a number of lectures to be graded as complete/incomplete. In my grade book, it will give students a green check even if the assignment was late. Is there a way to have Canvas show that complete/incomplete assignments were submitted late dire...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I downloaded an interactive quiz from Storyworks magazine.  It is in my google drive.  How do I make that a quiz for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have been using BBB for several weeks now via Canvas Instructure and have been quite pleased thus far. We hold class every Tuesday and Thursday evenings and record these LIVE  session. Usually within 24 hours the recording has populated as expecte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Every time I try to post an assignment it posts my home page instead of the attachment. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i link my canvas and evolve account together? I have both but cant get my homework to show up in evolve

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to change the background colour of the separate cells in a table? I know how to change the background colour of the whole table, but I would like each row to be a different colour. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there. My name is John Chavis and like everyone else in the world today, this pandemic has pretty much turned my world upside down. The things I maybe took for granted, being able to hug the people at my church, shake a stranger's hand and make a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!Every week, my students are asked to submit a piece of writing and comment of their peers' work. I'd like to know.1- What is the best way for them to upload work that other students can comment on. I'd like each students to be able to upload wo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have already been designed my homepage for a course but I want to change it to a template that I found instead. How do I do that? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know how to insert a PDF which opens as an in-line preview as an instructor (Like this tutorial). However, I want my students to be able to do this as well. When I attempt this as a test student, I do not get the option to upload a file or see "my ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Other assignments sync to Infinite Campus, but for some reason, the first quiz (graded quiz) will not sync. I created it in Canvas, sync toggle is on, and it's a "graded quiz."   HELP!  HELP!  HELP!  Frustration has set in.Thank you!Tricia

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, teachers and students see Mark as Read or Mark as Unread dots. If a student does Mark as Unread, does that changed the "Read' status for other students or me (the teacher)? If I "Mark as Read" do I change the status for students?  In other wor...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Per your instructions:  When I delete "Everyone" and type the section name into the "Assign to" text box, it says that the Courses I am looking for are not found.My classes have been cross-listed by grade levels and face-to-face vs. virtual; then the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sometimes I will send a message to a student from the People page on Canvas, which is convenient, but I found a really annoying bug. When I click on a student's name, the details for that student show up on the right side of the page. It shows the st...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make the left sidebar in Canvas a little wider?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have used canvas for a few years now and through reading responses on this community-been able to answer all of my questions. until now...   I crosslisted my canvas courses like always. matched gradebook categories and all the normal start of schoo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies