Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Anyone got a solution for when students are trying to log into Canvas and they keep getting the 403 Forbidden Access page. According to our Canvas people in our district there is nothing that can be done that Canvas' server is just too busy but it is...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all! What do I need to do to see the button Groups in the global navigation (for me and my students)? I created in my course 'Groups' of students. I don't see this button in the global navigation. I think with this button, my students and I can go...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone!  I am really struggling to see the value in the parent observer account for Canvas.  We will get notifications for completed homwork and subsequent grading, however it just tells me it was completed/score. Furthermore there is no easy...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I convert word document to mp3 file

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a multiple choice quiz.The students cannot see their grades.How to fix?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload an export. imscc. files to my sandbox course. The files are in my Google drive so I can't figure out how to move them since there isn't a dropdown to get to your google drive when importing.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi  I created a quiz that required the students to upload a pdf file.  I was able to download all student submissions as a single zip file on to my computer and grade each one of them.  Now, I would like to re-upload the files but I am unable to find...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can a student still access/complete an assignment after it has been graded incomplete? Or do I need to leave it as ungraded? I want my students to see that it is missing and that they do not have 100% in their grade, but I have had a couple of kids (...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello I am a vision impaired student, and she uses Canvas with Jaws. The accessibility options on Inbox needs improvement. To get to the message body - the user needs to tab through all messages in the inbox @ 4 tab stops per message. If there are 15...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a test in Canvas and I asked students to upload their answers with an image.  I did not create the original test with the submission type "upload file," but rather "text box."  The submissions are coming up however, the annotation toolbar i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is a great LMS in many ways, but it has this tenaciousness with regard to assignments and files after course content has been imported between two Canvas sites. I might delete an assignment from the module, but it is STILL THERE somewhere, pop...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Q: Can there be multiple owners of a course on the platform? (eg. the assignation of owner privileges to trusted and knowledgable course enrollees)? As the title explains, is there such a function on the platform? If not, will it be worth creating su...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On Friday the school switch my students and I to a new canvas page. I had 3 assignments that were ungraded in the old canvas. Is there a way to recover these grades? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I found several posts saying you can use the "HTML CLIP" feature of InoReader to add an RSS feed to Canvas page. However, when I try it says Stream not found and I can't toggle the "enable" button because it says it's only for pro users. When did thi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am current PT Instructor at Cerritos, and must take a  class EDT 125 as a student. (same ID, BD)There are many problems in enrollment, and log in the course. Please help.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I comment on anything?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have multiple video files that students have sent me using inbox. Some are opening as embedded videos and others will not download. They were recorded on Chromebooks. Is there a way to download them? Thank you for the assistance!  

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When syncing the canvass calendar to Outlook or Gmail, is it possible to control which courses are represented in the "Calendar Feed"?  For example: I am a student enrolled in 8 classes, 6 of which have posted their online lecture times on the canv...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can i know the changes made to a specific assignment and who made the changes and whenhttps://canvas.instructure.com/courses/2271563/assignments/18274187

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was writing notes on instructor provided pdfs last night. All of a sudden, canvas spazzed out and when I logged back in, it had deleted the majority of the notes I wrote on my pdf as well as previous pdfs's notes from weeks ago. I've already transf...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently gave a graded quiz with three essay questions.  When I go to Speedgrader the Docuviewer annotation options are not there.  Can I get the annotation options in a graded quiz? If so, how?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If the Availability Date for an assignment passes and the student did not complete the assignment, can the student proceed within the module if the module has requirements that students must complete all assignments in sequential order?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Colleagues,I'm not seeing where to enable the beta 'enhanced assignment' feature following the 10-17 sprint. Was it pulled back?

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

@erinhmcmillan I don't see the updated notifications interface. I see the added History button in the Global Navigation Menu. Do I need to do something to enable this update?Thank you!Newbie Admin

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I copy an assignment from a closed grading period to an open grading period within the same course without recreating the content within the assignment. I have students who need to catch up and all assignments created in the first grading per...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So we are being asked to leave our assignments open for the entire year so that students can complete them. How do we do that if we already have an availability until date in the assignment? Also, is it going to affect grading periods?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When working on updating or editing (or even creating!) questions in the quiz or testbank, it is so tedious to keep hitting the edit buttons to change the various components.  It is also bad that when you need to save the question, you have to scroll...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I lost at least one lab that students had already taken!!!I need to recover my lost content.  The /undelete is no help.  Please someone at Canvas help!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I went to MyInstitution.instructure.com/doc/api/live and under the Users sections I attempted to create a user, but I got the following error:{ "errors": [ { "message": "The specified resource does not exist." } ] }Request URL: https://MyInstitutatio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor.  I accidentally deleted an assignment.  The assignment included submissions from students.  Is it possible for me to recover the assignment and the link?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies