Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I'm using canvas (as an instructor) for the first time to grade essays. I just opened one by clicking on it directly from the 'to do' list on my dashboard. I marked it as a canvas assignment rather than turnitin. After finishing and closing it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used Canvas in my school for the previous two years as a teacher and had great success with integrating Google Drive files. HOWEVER, as my district has made the change to Virtual Learning and Face to Face I've noticed some issues. Some, not al...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Some of my parents are getting the "email already in use" error when trying to set up their Parent Observer accounts. They have never registered for a parent account before, though.  Anyone else having this problem or have a solution? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school is using the free version of Canvas, and yesterday several teachers had Live Video Conferences set up. But when students logged in, some couldn't see the conference from their side, even after the teacher had started the conference. (All u...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon, at the moment we are developing a platform for the analytics of sports events, it is based on the processing of sports broadcasts by artificial intelligence.To train a neural network, we need operators who will check and edit the AI, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We can get into Canvas just fine.  But the wrong classes are there.  Only 2 of his classes match his actual schedule.  We called the school, NE High School and his guidance counselor, Ms Fackrell, says she can do nothing.  I don't think his schedul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  I was wondering if it is possible to include, so-called, knock-out criteria in the Canvas Rubrics? That means can I overrule the outcome of the Rubric if students for example receive a "poor" on a specific criteria of the Rubric.  Kind regards, ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone developed an observation checklist on canvas for the VET sector?  If so can you give me some guidance on how you developed it.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to embed a link in my homepage to the student calendar?I realize that the calendar is available through the global navigation screen, but I am trying to ease access for parents.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported a module from one of my courses. The assignment that was a part of this module was a google cloud assignment that had a specific point value (30 pts) and an attachment. Upon transferring the module, this assignment no longer had the same p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried searching the forums and didn't see a similar question, so I hope I can explain this well enough. Is there a way to set different modules to "copy" or import content from a master calendar or schedule? I'm looking for a way to set up a master...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have SAML configured and working with Azure. We also want people outside our org to be able to self register without creating accounts for them. Is this possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have successfully been able to copy assignments from my sandbox to another county sandbox. Some of the assignments copy successfully but others don't and I get this RED message:  "Couldn't find valid settings for this link."  I have looked in the C...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you import the Catapult LDI into a free canvas version?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 3 course tiles but 5 courses. How do I best go about dividing the students according to class so that I can be most efficient yet don’t run into problems with Synergy/TeacherVue syncing and which has 5 courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have some students that cannot see my external tool Google cloud assignment. I had the students make sure they were signed into google drive and register it with Canvas. I have many students that are able to turn in the assignment, so I was wonderi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to upload a PPT file to a discussion. I don't want it as an attachment I want people to be able to see it when the discussion is pulled up. I am a student.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to figure out how to add Scheduler appointment groups to my course calendar for the first week of class, however, we would like to make these sign ups continuous throughout the semester. Is there a way to duplicate a Scheduler appointment ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am getting Zoom opening up in a new tab and this pops up in my Canvas window. I would like Zoom to open in the Canvas Frame. Any ideas of how to fix this issue? Thank you

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My student made six submissions (attempts) for a Canvas Quiz, which was set to keep the highest score. His 3rd attempt had the highest score (Canvas correctly said ... this is not the most recent).  The total number of points was 14 on the quiz and t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I'm an instructor trying to resolve an issue, and I found this inquiry that seemed related. When I created my assignments, I wanted students to submit their answers as text entries, so I clicked on Online and checked the text entry box. When stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone.  I am a professor in a developmental science course, and have just put together my Canvas shell.  Another professor is also teaching the course, but during a different day/time.  I would like him to be able to see my Canvas shell, but pr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I work in assessment at my college and I'm looking for ways to identify user activity with external apps.  Is there a way to download user data (clicks, time spent, etc.) with external apps configured within courses?  Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are developing an LTI that will handle the display of quiz questions.  Is it possible to create a quiz in Canvas, enroll users in the quiz, but prohibit users from going to the default Canvas UI and accessing the quiz?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would  it be better for teacher assistants to learn Canvas as as a student first to be familar with their limitations in the program first ?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - Our institution uses Canvas for undergrad, graduate, and postgraduate courses. Our group is responsible for patient simulation, medical ultrasound, anatomy, and simulated patients for all of medical education. We develop online short courses ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am sorry I am very new here and I cant for the life of me figure out how to do anything here. I think I am supposed to first enroll in my classes for this fall but I cant find out how to do that. Ive looked through the guide and I am still lost.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I would like to know if any had experience working with Canvas Scheduler in conjunction with Zoom and meetings.  Also, im using Zoom pro LTI on my canvas. Any feedback is really appreciated. Mirla

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All I want to do is upload a link from a lecture that I have recorded.  It should be simple, but I can't seem to find how or where to do that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you delete content imported from a master shell?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies