Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I recorded a video with the windows camera app. When I upload it to my canvas page, the audio and video are out of sync. I went back and opened it with a video editor program, and everything was fine. So it's something with canvas. Any ideas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the art teacher designing a template for all teachers at my school to use- about 40- 50 teachers will use the template I create.  I have some coding background from a previous career, but would say basically I am a new-to-canvas power user.  As ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i am ASU online learner i have been continuing but why is now stopped

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I edit a page, the Edit window is at first very small.  There is a drag button on the lower right- I pull it down as far as it will go- maybe 4 inches on my screen, regardless of whether my browser is maximized.  After that it switches from drag...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am designing the template for my school and I created a 7-min video logging several issues I was seeing that seemed to hamper me to some extent.  Understandably, I dont see a way to send that as a file to the dev team...guess that would be tough fo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are looking to add an integration with Canvas to our web-based app for K-12 schools. All the technical details and documentation look fine, have been through all the documentation at https://www.eduappcenter.com/docs/basics/building_an_lti_app and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created a workroom, viewed it as a student, and published it. When I go to another course and upload the workroom content, it completes with almost 50 issues. I open the course and most of the images are missing/broken. I've tried several times ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering how can I give bonus points for those who have more discussions on Canvas.There are 10 discussions on the discussion board. I count 10 discussions possible, but only 8 are needed for points. Let’s say I am grading discussions and pers...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Support is saying there is litigation between PowerSchool and canvas. What is going on and when can we get the grade sync with PowerSchool? My district wants a dump canvas because of it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I want to create a box to the right of each activity to let students know or see the status of activities in my course. This will permit students to see or check which activity has been completed and which are left.How do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Whenever I attempt to download a file from my instructor an error message arises, stating "I do not have an associated app for this file." What can I do to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there away to have borders around the table but not on the inside of the cells

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

NOT A QUESTION but a REALLY GREAT SUGGESTION. Please please please make it possible to allow images in the Module Headers and Text Headers. I teach English Language Learners and they need this visual support. I imagine this upgrade will also assist m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I go to check student photo submissions, many of them won't load.  I just get the blue spinning circle.  I have to go to the right, download the image, open the download and it all takes longer than I want or think it should.  Am I doing somethi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to link a pdf to a graphic on a page. I am pretty sure I am doing it correctly, but the every time I click the picture to open the pdf it just opens the folder on my computer where the pdf is located.  Any suggestions would be appreciated...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to set a due date that is relative to adding a student?My classrooms are NOT connected to traditional educational calenders and semesters.  My students are added at different times through out the year.Ultimately, I would like to say '...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am not able to get all my student that enrolled from 2018 to now to sync into Canvas.  Verified every field in the kids' power school account.  Also is there licensing with Canvas  IE.  pay per student.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Help! For four years I have used Pearson Realize very successfully with Google Classroom.  Now I am told by my administration that I MUST use Canvas instead.  Is there a way to connect Pearson Realize to Canvas that is similar to Google Classroom?  S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I copied a course from last semester. The image files that were copied over will not publish even when I click on the publish button. It just keeps the default "Only available to students with link". The folder that the files are in is also hidden an...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to add other categories to the Navigation list?  For example, can a separate category be created for "Exams" - which are different than quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created several interactive pages where I use google slides for some animation.  On the final slide are navigation links to assignments and other areas of canvas that I want my students to go to.  Some of these links are general navigational b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best video available that gives a simple, clear overview of Canvas forEnglish Language Learners?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add interactive slides to Canvas from Google so that my Kindergarten students can use them, dragging and sorting objects.  When I put them into Canvas all interactivity is lost.  Please help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello from Cincinnati!Dear colleagues,Canvas is acting up and the Help Desk wait time is 100+ minutes ! The alignment in the syllabus gets very weird after a section in the Syllabus. Everything looks great and then the text goes from right justified...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I created a "Quiz" so the quiz shows up in both "Assignments" tab and "Quizzes" tab. The quiz is unpublished but students received notification of "Assignment created" with the quiz name and due date. Does this look like a bug or it alwa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning. I am a student, currently in the process of implementing a tool I have built in the past in order for it to be LTI 1.0/1.1 compliant. Everything works fine but I am struggling to find complete documentation about setting a grade when a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delay showing the solutions to problems until after class? Is there a way to set the day/time for release of content?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 2 periods of the same courses so I created my Homepage and content in one course of each with the intent to copy it over to the other course so that I only had to do the work once.  When I import the course, the image files are not copying ov...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I pin canvas to the taskbar in Chrome or Edge? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone, I have about 13 Beginning Class Announcements that I would like to condense into one Announcements.  How can I do that?  This is what I did:  I created the Announcements individually, then created another announcement with links to th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies