Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am a high school special education inclusion teacher. I am not sure how to add modified independent practice to the canvas page that will only be available to kids who need modifications.  Thank you for any advice you can offer! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to grade and annotate programs (ie source code) in the speedgrader. The format and indentation of the code are relevant. However, when the code is visible in the speedgrader the lines are wrapped in which appears a document in portrait fo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have just moved from Google Classroom to Canvas.  The one feature GC seems to have that I can’t replicate in Cavas is being able to view all student assignment submissions at once in a visual overview.  This is extremely useful.   I see that you ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Khan Academy already does what CANVAS does, and does it better, for FREE!  Why are taxpayers being gouged for this arcane, Byzantine interface? This is perhaps the most inelegant interface since DOS.  Save your district time and money. Use Khan Acade...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone confirm or deny what my IT department just told me: If I make links to files using the Canvas Office 365 LTI, then those links will no longer work when the course is copied over to a new semester and to new students. I am having this trou...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

because we are going all online, I am co-teaching lecture and lab biology with another instructor. I have a link for my office hour, how do I rename it to "Lecture instructor's office hour", so not to confuse students which instructor is the link for...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach 1st -3rd grade and am new to Canvas. I have my homepage set up with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade buttons. Within the garde I want to add a button with my students name so I can individualize their curriculum. Is there  way that only that student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers are looking for a way to do a graded survey DAILY without allowing multiple attempts. AKA..."did you watch today's video and complete the assignments" type of accountability check. We'd like to do it without having to copy and paste the surv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to limit the time on an essay, but ALSO use Vericite.  Quizzes can limit the time, but can't do Vericite; assignments do Vericite, but no time limit.  This is an asynchronous course, so I can't just open the assignment and close it after the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to create a link on page that goes to an assignment in a completely different course? I would not be able to copy the assignment or move the assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a 'cheat sheet' quick guide for parents ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have had this issue for a while but just assumed it would end up being fixed. I am a college student and my classes use Canvas for quizzes. Whenever I start a Canvas quiz, it automatically starts my time at 1 hour 0 minutes instead of 0 hours 0 min...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am not able to input any questions into my quizzes.  I have the edit pencil but am not able to do anything in that area.  Getting to be very frustrating as I need to get this done today.  Any thoughts other than sending in a critical message whi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Needing to get my school e-mails from Canvas.Under Account,  then Settings, my school e-mail has an orange exclamation point next to it with the error message:  Canvas was unable to send e-mail to this address. Please ensure the address is correct to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I have a few students whose Flipgrid will not link with Canvas. They have gone through the load tool, record and submitted their video but it is still not syncing to Canvas. Anyone know why this might be?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have one interior design course third period, but I offer it as regular and honors. Even though they are during the same class section, my dashboard shows them as two separate courses. Is there a way I can merge these two sections into one? I want ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! good afternoon! Is there any way that the zoom recordings can be left automatically in Canvas? I need the classes that are in "Upcoming Meetings" to appear in "cloud recordings" without having to publish them manually. Previously this worked c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When running and import from my SIS I am getting this error: An enrollment listed a section and a course that are unrelated for user.   I have crosswalk everything.  The course_id is correct in the course file.  The section_id is correct in the secti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a new course and wanted to copy everything from one course to the other. I hit the import content button and it imported backwards from what I intended and now both courses are blank.  How can I get that restored?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,How do I change the order of courses in the course tab (button on left)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create a midterm exam that is multiple choice that is separate from quizzes?  I weight the quiz group and the exam group differently.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was "playing" around with creating a quiz and then once I understood, actually got to building a legit quiz. However, as I catered it to my needs, the  name of the quiz doesn't go with the content. How do I change just the name of the quiz itself? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an interactive grading process originating with self-assessments, and I want my gradebook to record only whether or not students have turned the assignment in or not. In another LMS I used "yes" or "not yet" as my grades. Can I do this in Canv...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use a labor-based grading contract in my class rather than numerical scores on assignments. I don't see how to use a grading scale in the gradebook in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I teach High School English and I wanted to create an assignment that is due on Friday, but that they start recording answers for on Mon.What is the best way to create a document/assignment that would allow students to work on the document Mon, and t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I had an issue with a course I designed where the TA's grades and comments both disappeared after students completed their peer reviews.  The timeline and settings were something like this: Students upload their submission to the assignment (...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to set it where I can type in all the possible numbers for each variable? I have a lot of questions where the numbers have to pair up correctly for the math to make sense, so I can't really use the random number generator, even if I se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to force a link placed on the Global Navigation to open in a new tab or window? We have the XML below:<lticm:options name="global_navigation"><lticm:property name="enabled">true</lticm:property><lticm:property name="windowTarget">_blan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Before I ask for Roll Call to be turned on... Are badges assigned daily or does assigning once mean it appears every day? We are looking at using this feature for noting daily when a student is attending class in person or online, with a badge for ea...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recorded a conference using bigbluebutton. It showed up available to view so I clicked to view it. When I click to view the recording, it takes me a to a page the show both my face and my screen that I was showing at the time. But I could only down...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies