Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does anyone know why the information for the students is so inconsistent in the various assessments? For example,

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a quiz where different answers allot different points ie if they choose A they get 5 points, B is 2 points and C is 1 point. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of questions.  What do the green checks by assignments in the calendar mean?  Also, what's the difference between looking at the calendar for assignments or just choosing the "assignments" choice on the left hand side of the homepage?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have embedded my bitmoji classroom onto my canvas homepage. All the links will work on a computer but when they students try to use my interactive classroom on their ipads none of the links work. When they click on anything i have linked on my bitm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long does it take for courses to sync? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a question bank with all my questions for all my quizzes, but I can not figure out how to get them into the New Quizzes or add them to the Item Bank.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can anyone help me with figuring out where the "Forgot Password?" request controls are in the admin settings?  As of now, I have teachers using the feature but I have no idea where those requests are going. Should this be automatic? Is there a settin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an app to my navigation bar?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to finish the module and then publish it, so students don't get notifications. Instead it automatically publishes files, then i have to unpublish... Is there a setting somewhere to stop this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If assignments that are exempt or late can transfer over to Power Teacher Pro, why can missing assignments not transfer over as missing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using the Flipgrid LTI, the option to proceed after recording will not show on the screen.  This was not an issue two weeks ago when I last used Flipgrid; but, now, as you can see the menu options on the left of the screen are barely visible and...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

A functionality I'm not seeing, but am hoping exists, is the ability to post assignments automatically in the future - not have them "open," but appear altogether in the future. I don't want students to see what assignments are coming up, but would r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a couple of group discussions and I'm unable to subscribe as an instructor. I see the little flag that you click on to subscribe, but it won't let me actually click on it to turn it green. When I go into the discussion, there is no subscrib...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas,Can you make the HTML Editor symbol when I edit a page more visible and understandable to us folks who are not as familiar with Canvas. It used to say HTML editor in the top right but now that is gone and I had to ask our university IT to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking to get the information from this link:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3623#comment-54447 that is posted in the solution to this article: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Group/Javascript-to-disable-datepicker/m-p/108682#M3...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have come across 6 unusual accounts in our People list and wondering if anyone else has experience with this?  Incidentally, I have opened a support case on this but thought I would check here as well.  Are these illicit accounts or a part of third...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am appalled that students are allowed to stop a quiz that has been designated as ONE ATTEMPT.  In our former LMS, one attempt meant a SINGLE ACCESS to the exam!  Since COVID, we have been forced to give tests online that were previously in-person e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a reason you cannot remove a student from your parent observer app? Seems like that should be an option, so if anyone knows why that isn’t possible (it’s not, right?), let me know.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor whose discussion boards will not appear under Modules, but they can be viewed going through Assignments. We only use Modules for our students, and normally students can see everything under that option. This is a course that was ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! If I start a Canvas Conference and invite members, then once the meeting for the day is done I click "End Meeting" will everyone still in the meeting be kicked out? Also, if I don't click the "End" button on the main conference page will stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have multiple questions within multiple question banks. A few have errors in them. How do I edit them? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you upload a rubric created in Word into Canvas? Heather 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to import rubrics from CSV?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a Fill in the blank question with answer type Dropdown.The possible choices are : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5I have entered them in order, but in the preview view, the possible choices are presented randomly.Is there any possibility to maintain the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have students participate in ten of the 15 discussions.  I was considering using the "Excused" feature and so each student is allowed five "Excuses."  But, if students participate in more than ten discussions, I want to use the ten highest ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up groups in order to submit different dates that are due for assignments.  I created it to be individually graded.  I did not realize that once one student submitted, it showed up for all students in that group.  How do you stop that? Or ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, but I can't figure it out myself.Is there a place where I, as a teacher, can access all assignments that need grading? I get the feeling it should be under Grades, but can't understand how to see a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My kids share a computer and use Chrome to get to their accounts.  I cannot switch between student accounts in Chrome.  There is no User Menu or additional selection to "Change User" in the windows/chrome world.  Only in Android and iOS.  When I log ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm just getting started on Canvas, and I sent a message through the Canvas Inbox to the full class, myself included.  The Canvas course is linked to our institution emails, but I didn't receive the email. I then sent a few test messages directly to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I haven't found a recent post on this, only some from 2-3 years ago...can anyone give an update on whether Canvas supports xAPI (TinCan) yet and if not yet, when? Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies